BadgerReborn

Squirrel
Characters
BadgerReborn ,Badger66
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
so today i went to visit my new housemate.
his name is Grizzli, he's 9yrs old and from Poland.
he is one of the 2 dogs who's website pics i kept going to look at the past weeks.
he was kind of my fave because one of the pics reminded me so much of the look Murff used to give me
grizzli_3_1549849025_jpg_fa8bda0315027951d3cb5db42cf0b636.jpg
but i kind of finally wanted a big black pup. that didn't work out though, the lady at the shelter was pretty offhand because it was raining and the dog would be a bit aggresive because of my rain gear.
in hind sight, i'm glad.
went to the other shelter and straight away i was asked if i'd like to walk him ...
53745115_2939929419365541_722860192965853184_n.jpg
and we both got wet.
i will be visiting him the next couple of days for more walks and getting to know each other.
i'm hoping it won't be long though before he takes his place on the sofa.
and while i'm here, i would just like to say a huge thankyou to The Otterz and comunity for your interest and sympathy after losing Murff. it's gonna still take a while i guess before the tears finally dry up, but Grizzli has pretty furry shoulders :)
alwasy remembered, will never forget, my mini me for nearly 14 years
MurffMuttz
20190206_140026.jpg

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
Sorry for your loss. It's good to hear you have found a companion...may you both have many happy years together.

Reactions: BadgerReborn
  • Likex1

candiq

Priest
Characters
NeverBorn, Myka, EtherBorn
Platform
PC
So sad when one loses a beloved pet. I am happy that you have a new companion to share your tears.

• Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I was so sorry to hear about Murff, as I am sure many on these forums and in game were. It is great to hear that you are close to getting a new friend.

And on a secondary note, Well Done and thank you for getting a pet from a shelter.

• Likex1

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Badger - your story reminds me of my most recent used dog. There is a shelter a couple of hundred miles away that brings in small and medium dogs from California and Arizona (bless the Dog is My Co-pilot flyers who volunteer to bring them to new homes). The dog I was interested in had an ear infection and they were not going to let him go for a few weeks. But his pen mate was available - a perky Border Terrier named Gus. I never would have picked Gus out from his online description, but he was alert and enthusiastic, so the attendant asked if I would like to take him for a walk. He stayed right next to me on a loose leash for half an hour.

The rest is history. Gus and I are inseparable, mostly (he has not learned to love swimming in the lake, but we will work on it again this summer). He is so well mannered and personable, I can't imagine that he had not been snapped up by the first person who saw him (dogs his size - 25 pounds - go very quickly). He visits the local assisted living home with me and is a big hit there too. I feel so very lucky Gus found me.

Best wishes to you and your new dog-to-be, whether that is Grizzli or another dog looking for a good home!

BadgerReborn

Squirrel
Characters
BadgerReborn ,Badger66
Platform
Android, PC
tbh, i wasn't really sure i'd get another dog, believe it or not, i am terrified of dogs no matter what size, due to a few attacks by 'he only wants to play' type dogs.
at 57 and varying health i was sure i didn't want to get a puppy though to train up, i don't have a clue if i can sincerely devote up to maybe 15 years, and the thought of having to leave a pup is the worst i can imagine.
so, getting a larger dog was an adventure in itself, but i totally felt okay with Grizzli and i'm pretty sure i'm making the right decision, especially as it started snowing when i got back home. i'm taking that as a message from Murff that he's fine with my decision as we both love the snow so much

BadgerReborn

Squirrel
Characters
BadgerReborn ,Badger66
Platform
Android, PC
20190320_101127 (2).jpg
Grizzli on his last ever recall in the free run pen at the shelter.
tomorrow he is coming to his Furever Home , which i guess gives me one day to train him up for Diets livestream on friday :D
getting extremely excited right now :)

BadgerReborn

Squirrel
Characters
BadgerReborn ,Badger66
Platform
Android, PC
so i thought it was time i did a little update here.
Grizzli is now called Charlie, and seems to have settled in very well.
still not the cuddles type, but neither was Murff the first 5 years :D
Charlie now goes on most of his walks off leash and unless there happens to be a bitch in heat or some dead thing close by he is really good .
this is from today, it was finally cool enough to walk into the woods again without melting.

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Good dog, good dog Charlie! He come right back to you with all those woodsy distractions.
ETA: boy, does he have a mop of fur!

• Lovex1