Adricade

Great Adventurer
Characters
Ralthobel, Ralther
Platform
Android, PC
I decided to check out the content in the Official Wiki on Gamepedia and even thought I already made my choice of The Seven Realms I feel only 2 of them give some real value to endgame content.

Of course if you plan on not focusing much on Min/Max this does not affect you but my OCD level of perfectionism is kind of tingling right now thinking I made the wrong choice at the start of the game. From the Wiki, checking the realms passives and what they give, apart from Stormhold, Greenhaven and Thorncrest, the rest of the realms do not provide any good value (I am talking about the passives right now). Let me explain...

Stormhold gives permanent boost to all abilities cost 10% reduced Mana on use.
Greenhaven gives permanent boost to Magic damage reduction by 6%.
Thorncrest gives permanent boost to critical strike chance on all attacks, feats and spells by 3% increase.

The rest of the realms provide either experience gain, chance of finding supplies, crafting costs reduction, villager experience increase percentage.
So taking a look at the top 3 we can summarize that only they give something of value to the endgame when it comes to PVE content.

Is the information in the wiki up to date? As otherwise my perfectionism thingy is drawing me back to delete my character and start anew.... :censored:

Reactions: High Inquisitor
  • Likex1
Characters
Caraldor / Loxana
Platform
iOS, PC
You can change your region of origin if you have a character make-over kit. So if you save one until your level 90 you could change it. The only thing you will not get is the unique tool that you received upon character creation.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I dont think those realm boosts changed in a hundred or so years. The main distinction is the ones you name useful are combat related, and the 'usless' ones are villager related (except increased xp). Even in endgame you can still aim for that better gear, or maybe make gear for others or for an alt. For gear you need to gather, for that you need supplies. Or maybe you decide to finally put some effort into the village projects. They can still be useful :) luckily, as pointed out, you can change the realmbonus with a makeover kit, and I think you get five of those in your starters calendar. Just save one, and you're all good!

Adricade

Great Adventurer
Characters
Ralthobel, Ralther
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I was thinking about it but decided to start a new Priest with Stormhold passive. I don't know how the end game is and if you need to have those MASSIVE heals which means Thorncrest would pair up amazing with Zealous Mending Ultimate increasing your Savagery. Those Crit Heals will be very good but if the content requires you to spam skills then Stormhold is the right choice for the Mana Reduction. I am still confused but I am not going to reroll again... I will go forward with the story, with the lore etc. focus on having fun and if it is that much of a hassle I will switch later on to Thorncrest depending on the endgame content.

EDIT: If anyone here has an end game character please let me know if at endgame you would aim for those CRIT spells or Mana Sustain?

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
My marksman hunter easily runs out on mana during elder fights or other long lasting fights, in single boss fights she is fine for at least ten in a row. But I heard wizards are mana drains so, I picked the mana realm on her.

Reactions: Adricade
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
I have a level 90, 5 rebirthed priest, and with Well Read maxed out in balance tree + some willpower and clarity runes, a Mana trinket, and a potion, I very rarely run out of Mana ever.

Landing crits is nice.

• Likex1

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
I was thinking about it but decided to start a new Priest with Stormhold passive. I don't know how the end game is and if you need to have those MASSIVE heals which means Thorncrest would pair up amazing with Zealous Mending Ultimate increasing your Savagery. Those Crit Heals will be very good but if the content requires you to spam skills then Stormhold is the right choice for the Mana Reduction. I am still confused but I am not going to reroll again... I will go forward with the story, with the lore etc. focus on having fun and if it is that much of a hassle I will switch later on to Thorncrest depending on the endgame content.

EDIT: If anyone here has an end game character please let me know if at endgame you would aim for those CRIT spells or Mana Sustain?
If you enjoy crafting i think Crit is a better since you can just craft and use mana potion, if not mana sustain is the way to go, since on longer and hard fight like dungeon or high level elder you'll run out of mana pretty quickly if you don't manage your mana usage well especially as a healer

• Likex1

Adricade

Great Adventurer
Characters
Ralthobel, Ralther
Platform
Android, PC
For now I will stick with the mana passive and if I need crit heals I will switch to Thorncrest thanks for the input guys!

Donut

There’s also a mana cost reduction house that will help out with min maxing

Adricade

Great Adventurer
Characters
Ralthobel, Ralther
Platform
Android, PC
There’s also a mana cost reduction house that will help out with min maxing
Yes that's what I picked and sticking with right now - Stormhold is the realm giving the mana cost reduction passive so for min/max for PVE content we can safely assume that either you go for that or Thorncrest for crit chance of heals. That paired up with the first Holy talent ultimate giving percentage of your Holy power to Savagery is pretty massive...