High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Dear Otters. I read new chapters of the book. Are you planning a new shaman class? Specialization earth and water? Earth dd, water heal ?:unsure:

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
I don't think they will confirm it, but it does seem heavily implied to be the case ;)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I don't think they will confirm it, but it does seem heavily implied to be the case ;)
Continuing along this train of thought...

IF there's a new class coming with this expansion, we will probably find out about it sometime before the big release. Something like that would qualify to be the BIG thing that hasn't been revealed to us yet, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a new class. It might be, but it also might NOT be!

The chapters in the book are related to V&H lore, seem to be historical (pre-dating events during the era of Mallok), and can be interpreted in different ways. These hints could simply be a red herring -- something designed to lead us on the wrong path, making us jump to wrong conclusions. However, if a new class is coming, I don't expect to hear official news about it until much closer to the launch date -- probably in the month leading up to it.

The devs want to make us excited about the upcoming patch. We're strategically given teasers and new features of the patch are being revealed to us gradually over a period of several months. I've been around V&H long enough to have experienced the lead time for numerous expansions, big and small. The most important thing I've learned is that the big patches don't always turn out to be exactly as you might expect! There's often a twist in there -- New features often are not exactly as you imagined. Sometimes it's a pleasant surprise, but other times it can be disappointing, if you're not careful.

It's still too early in the release cycle for the devs to show us their full hand of cards. We can guess at the contents, but until everything is revealed, it's better not to get too attached to something that you believe may be in an upcoming patch. It's also important to distinguish between supposition and indisputable facts, when you're having fun guessing what you think a new update will contain. (Because YES! Part of the fun in looking forward to a new update coming is talking about what you think it will bring! You simply need to be careful not to spread rumors about something that may or may not be true.) If a group of players starts circulating rumors that a new class is coming, and then the patch is released, but there IS no new class in there, how will that make people feel?

Just something to consider...
:)

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I think it is very obvious that OP is simply speculating. He is placing questionmarks after every other word and even added a thinking face. Imo the speculation and discussions and hope for something that is projected in posts here BECAUSE OF the teasers, is the best part of the upcoming expansions.
To me telling people not to put their thougths on the forum because others might take it for a fact and spread it as a rumour seems not right. It is every persons own responsibility to realize they are on the internet and that something is 'not true' until offically posted/confirmed by either a Dev or a moderator stating to pass a message of a dev.
If they cannot realize that and turn out disappointed, well, you cant prevent everything.

On that note, if there IS a new Shaman class I call dibs on Riona.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
I see your point Zazie and let me reply with Rishi's post :)

Aren't little hints great? It gives us something to guess about what's coming and the great stuff in store :)

We asked for teasers and that's just what we got... so guess away!!
Wether we get a new class or not is to be seen for sure. I can only speak for myself, I'd be happy for a new class but if it doesn't happen I won't be disappointed. If someone takes speculation as granted that's on them, we can't really avoid that can we? (unless we start a secret speculation club of people who can handle speculating ;) )

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Wether we get a new class or not is to be seen for sure. I can only speak for myself, I'd be happy for a new class but if it doesn't happen I won't be disappointed. If someone takes speculation as granted that's on them, we can't really avoid that can we? (unless we start a secret speculation club of people who can handle speculating ;) )
That's it exactly. Speculating and guessing can be fun, but there's a fine line between stating opinions and sharing FACTS. It's all in how you present it and your audience's existing related knowledge.

After reading the latest chapter of The Book, I had a guildie send out a random mail to the entire guild, in which they outright stated that there was a new class coming. Anyone reading this mail who didn't know any better (as in, who hadn't been reading the new chapters of The Book as they're released) would have thought that a new class was definitely coming. In the mail, it was phrased in no uncertain terms. They were convinced that a new class is coming, and they wanted to share this info with everyone, but they didn't make it clear that they were expressing their opinions. Maybe a new class is coming, but maybe it isn't. And we all need to be careful about what we choose to say and how we phrase it.

I don't have any issue with what OP has said or what anyone else has said here. I simply think that we all need to be aware of the perils of the old gossip mill. :)

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
A little speculation can be an enjoyable thing if one takes care to keep it in its proper perspective. I plan on doing a little speculation of my own, but I have an inside advantage that gives me a decided edge on this particular topic. It's okay. I'm aware that some of you doubt me, but I can assure you that this is no idle boast. Perhaps I should elaborate, yes?

When I was young, I met this lovely creature at a local swimming hole. She swam as if she were born for the water, attacking it with child-like energy and a playful manner, claiming that little bend of the river as her very own. It did not take me long to realize I was smitten. It took me a bit longer to gather the courage to speak to her. When I finally did, I discovered that we did not speak the same language, but when the will is there, words are not always necessary. Knowing that some European women do not shave to the point of being hairless like their American counterparts, I assumed she was with the Swedish Swim Team. It was a minor thing which bothered me not, for as I said, I was already quite smitten. It was not until we had been seeing each other for the better part of a year that I learned her tendency to be hirsute and our inability to communicate was not due to her European upbringing. In fact, she was not European at all. She was American. An American Otter.

In hindsight, I guess I should have noticed it quicker. Bringing along a rock and cracking the shellfish on her belly every time we went out for seafood was an obvious indicator. To be honest, I thought it was kind of cute the first time I saw her do it and I did not stop to ponder the implications. Also, the more I heard her speak, the less Swedish she sounded to me, but I was to enraptured to bother pondering where I had heard that particular accent before. All I can say is that love is often blind and my eyesight had already started to dim, so these factors conspired to limit my seeing to no further than my own selfish hopes and expectations. Now, being a reasonable and broadminded person, I did not let our differences put me off. We did, after all, have many things in common. Were we not both mammals who enjoyed swimming and shellfish? We can make this work, I thought, but some differences are simply too great to overcome. I have always been open to the thought of having a child, someday; she wanted a litter. I dreamed of retiring to a waterfront home; she wanted a home in the water. I like to sleep on a waterbed; she insisted on a bed of water. And on it went...

Alas, we eventually parted, but I have fond memories and our relationship was not in vain. You see, my friends, she left me with one great gift which I still retain. I have a deep understanding of otters. I am, in fact, an otter-whisperer. This is a unique skill which I and I alone possess, but a valid skill all the same. Not having an opportunity to live near the water or local zoo, I never really thought I would have much use for this skill... until now. Yes, not only do I understand otter, I can hear their thoughts as well. In time, I have even become able to delve into their minds and uncover their deepest held secrets. Their thoughts are my thoughts and there is no hiding their every pondering from my knowledge. I have little doubt that those who do not know me well, may have cause to doubt the veracity of my statements. All I can tell you is that time is the ultimate tester and Father Time, himself, will reveal the accuracy of what I am about to tell you. In that coming time. you will all learn the level of seriousness you should accord my assertations.

New Mount: Steampunk Robotic Pegacorn.
The Steampunk Robotic Pegacorn is powered with crystals mined [gathered] from the Crystal Spire, but require the Hammer of Sheer Shattering to harvest. In order to obtain the Hammer of Sheer Shattering, you will have to undertake a quest to the Tomb of Pyrrus, where you will pry it from the cold, dead, hand of Pyruss himself. In order to make Pyruss release the hammer, you must drive a stake crafted from a wooden unicorn horn through his right-hand heart. Wooden unicorn horns can only be obtained from a holy carousel that has been blessed by a level 101 Priest, so be sure to pick one up before you attempt to gain the hammer or Pyrrus will awaken and be really cranky.

New Feature: Housing Interiors.
Yes, that's right, the long-awaited housing update is finally here. But before you enter your house, you will have to craft a house key with 100,000 ingots from materials harvested from a node of unobtainium ore. Sadly, the house key recipe will not be ready for inclusion in this update, but it will be introduced no later than the summer 2069 update. Until then, players can enjoy countless hours of enjoyment peering in the window and imagining how they would like to decorate. In response to player complaints, Sheep will no longer appear naked after harvesting but will be outfitted in a pair of striped boxers and four argyle socks. A line of Lady Gaga-inspired hairstyles will be introduced to the Crowns Shop for women, men, and sheep.

New Story and Map Expansion:
Sapphira will confess that certain male influences in her life [sorry, no spoilers here] have caused her to reconsider her role on a personal level and will finally come out of the closet. After being caught in a torrid affair with the Kings sister, they will conspire to loot the Royal Treasury and will run off together to establish an Amazonian Island Nation. Players will not be able to visit the Amazonian Islands, but they will be on the map for you to look at and will be really pretty. From time to time, Amazonians will randomly appear in Ardent where they will mock male characters and complain about the variety of undergarments currently available. A young woman will appear in Ardent, professing a relationship to the mysteriously indisposed King [what did I tell you about spoilers?]. She will declare an enlightened despotism and user in a kinder, gentler, age of darkness. A tax rate of 75% will be levied against all character earnings. Henceforth, all clothes will be made in black or grey, but there will be several black and grey combo outfits available for crowns. Robes are now outlawed.

PVP:
Yep, that's right. PvP is finally here. Join us at a random home somewhere in Ardent every Friday night for both team-based and free-for-all pillow fights. Be sure to wear your jammies. Parental permission required.

New Coin Item: Bunnytails.

New Crowns Item: 1,000% Speed Enhancement.
A special bunny suit with a racing stripe and rocket-assisted tail is now available. Be the first on your server to sport the all-new Booty-Boomer xp-1,000.

Now ^THAT^ my friends is how one speculates.
All of this and more will be revealed in the trilogy of novels and televised mini-series, "Coming Soon!"

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited by a moderator
Riona healed an old woman (water shaman?) Penn ruined Grange walls (earth shaman?)
They understood that they are shamans. Weapons axes? Armor-light armor ?:unsure:

<moderator edit disapproved content>

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
@Littlenymph I have no clue what I've just read, but if this is what the next expac will be about, definitely no complaints from me

Edit: really awesome write up, enjoyed it a lot!
To be honest, I'm not really sure what you read either.
The number of people living in my head has exceeded occupancy and it's difficult to keep track of what they do. I'm attempting to track down the guilty party but none of them are coming forward to take responsibility and they have a tendency to take up for one another. I am trying to get to the bottom of it but at this point, the best I can promise is to keep a lock on the door and continue my regimen of medication.

BukoNut

Master Cook
Platform
iOS, Android, PC
To be honest, I'm not really sure what you read either.
The number of people living in my head has exceeded occupancy and it's difficult to keep track of what they do. I'm attempting to track down the guilty party but none of them are coming forward to take responsibility and they have a tendency to take up for one another. I am trying to get to the bottom of it but at this point, the best I can promise is to keep a lock on the door and continue my regimen of medication.
Have you considered raising taxes? Might be a good way to reduce population 😀