Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I see a number of players have been officially reporting posts on this forum thread. For the record: I am not banning anyone, and I'm not removing anything. I do not feel it is warranted.

Edit to add: this thread was inadvertently closed, but it has been reopened.

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
I see a number of players have been officially reporting posts on this forum thread. For the record: I am not banning anyone, and I'm not removing anything. I do not feel it is warranted.

Edit to add: this thread was inadvertently closed, but it has been reopened.
Guess the behavior of the trolls is acceptable

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
People crying I was to keep my monopoly I want to keep ripping off lower players.
People crying I don’t want the game to change to incorporate others play styles.
You are a troll and should not be allowed to post.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
When you aggressively start a thread and demand that others agree with you in an almost bordering on hostile tone, you should expect players to have the right to voice their opinions.

@Wiccan

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
Sorry, just so I'm clear, are you calling me a troll, Wiccan?
No
You didnt say I was whineg
I just would like to help improve the experience for players by making them more fair.
I’m sorry if this sounded hostile but it didn’t deserve to be called whining

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
People crying I was to keep my monopoly I want to keep ripping off lower players.
People crying I don’t want the game to change to incorporate others play styles.
You are a troll and should not be allowed to post.
or reverted, could be the case. Why does the game have to change because of you? So far, the only person in this thread having a problem with asking someone for help, is you. Do you really insist the devs use valuable and rare time just to implement and create something just because you want it that way?
In that case I insist on my pink Elephant mount!

Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
Ok, so the game is giving you a pretty good mechanic with level 90 gathering materials.

Since you seem to gather a lot, you get gems. You sell those gems, then buy a stack of level 90 mats in the auction house.

In an upgraded village, 20 natural mats gives you around 4000-5000 village gathered mats, which you can use to craft whatever.

So, while I can agree with having some safe high level gathering zones, I really disagree with the begging part.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
No
You did say I was whining
I just would like to help improve the experience for players by making them more fair.
I’m sorry if this sounded hostile but it didn’t deserve to be called whining
no she didnt, Sarah never said you are whining. I said you are whining. Important difference

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
Ok, so the game is giving you a pretty good mechanic with level 90 gathering materials.

Since you seem to gather a lot, you get gems. You sell those gems, then buy a stack of level 90 mats in the auction house.

In an upgraded village, 20 natural mats gives you around 4000-5000 village gathered mats, which you can use to craft whatever.

So, while I can agree with having some safe high level gathering zones, I really disagree with the begging part.
I try to buy from AH but most of the time it’s not selling the mats I need or you can buy cedar for 14 gold and that’s high and scalping the players who can’t get into the area.

Anyone willing to gather the exact 8stacks of mats I would need each day I would gladly buy/hire them and pay 10g a stack all day but no one wants too

So even though my great guild offers to do anything for me and I’m great full I don’t want to ask them for stocking resources.
Bad enough I have to ask them to make equipment I don’t want to ask for more I want to do more

Tern

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Sis & Pat Tern
Platform
Android, PC
I am confused so I hope this discussion can be explained.
First, I have no problem with a person wanting to be a just a Villager or just a Hero. I focused mainly on adventuring for a long time and depended on crafters to make me the things I needed. My max toon is now 90 in everything except cooking and ranching. If a Villager wants to gather, craft, ranch and farm without help then a hero should be able to get all of their feats without needing crafted gear. This then leads to my confusion. If every crafted item is dropped, why does a Villager gather and craft when they are max level?
I adventure because even at level 90 I can help other players get to level 90 (this is also why I craft to a lesser degree) but what does a Villager do if all crafting and gathering is maxed. If everyone has the philosophy of not wanting to be helped by anyone what does a max level Villager do? There are those that may feel "if the Villager doesn't want my help then I, the adventurer, don't want their help". Since my toon "grew up" in a Guild where Villagers and Heroes help each other (thank you PD), I really don't understand wanting to just Village solo, max Villaging and then sit around stockpiling crafted stuff and gathered stuff for no reason.

Reactions: Caly
  • Likex1

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
How about a zone for each material and a crafting quest that unlocks that area.
Example you have to mine and deliver 100,000 ore to get the key to the mines
Gather 100,000 bugs for the key to the bughouse.
Or make the keys purchased with charter tokens for 100,000 a key

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
Last edited
Ok, so we may never be thinking the same way, but here is some "advice" from experience.

In my guild we had what you may call a professional villager, not much interested in combat, etc. He was more working on gathering, refining and upgrading the village projects.
A nice lad to have funny talks with.

He was indeed doing it with lvl 60 materials and below mostly even if we're keeping some naturals of every type in the village vault. Because he could gather those alone. And projects don't care if that's lvl 15 or 75 as long as that kind is not full.

So maybe I still don't understand your point to have free gathering areas because I don't understand your need for it.

Still, have a nice game

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
So why not have a zone?
Will it unbalance the game the horror of letting people gather there own and not have to rely on others as much.
Unless your an adventure getting rich selling to villagers who want things just as they are or better.
That's the thing though. Adventurers don't get rich like that. In my guild our village vault is kept well stocked with mats for the whole guild to use. Whoever is at a zone to gather the Nats dies so and then stocks the vault for others who can't reach them on their own. Free of charge. Most guilds work the same at least on us2. We all help each other. Yes there are mats for purchase in ah as well but we don't get rich from selling to others. If you don't have that type of guild I am sorry but again to "give" you a special zone to get high level mats would unbalance things from the way the game is intended to work. If u can get to high level mats without having to work for it why should ppl who don't want to craft have to work for better gear by crafting.

Reactions: Kookaburra and Catori
  • Likex2

Wiccan

Master Villager
Platform
iOS
i can only donate lesser materials to a projects and newer players would also like to donate the lesser stuff because that’s all they can.
So to be nice I leave the lower mats to them.
For very personal reasons I can’t say we’re working on a project dedicated to someone who passed on and I’m trying to contribute but I can only do level 60 stuff because lower players need the lower donation and I can’t do the higher.

I have the best guild they know I work hard and care but I can’t keep asking for stuff I hate doing it.

Reactions: Launcelot and Nyxxe
  • Likex2

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
i can only donate lesser materials to a projects and newer players would also like to donate the lesser stuff because that’s all they can.
So to be nice I leave the lower mats to them.
For very personal reasons I can’t say we’re working on a project dedicated to someone who passed on and I’m trying to contribute but I can only do level 60 stuff because lower players need the lower donation and I can’t do the higher.

I have the best guild they know I work hard and care but I can’t keep asking for stuff I hate doing it.
I do understand that. The good side of it is that there's a lot of projects to work on in the village.
As said on others people posts, part of a guild spirit is to help your guildies. Having someone working hard on projects is a real " + " . And I guess your guildies won't mind giving you a help by restocking the stock of naturals. Another way to participate in projects. Moreover when 20 naturals transform into 600/800/1000/etc possible gathers.
V&H's spirit. Help each other to go forward. Together. Just like in real life. We all need someone to help us. Asking help is what made us human beings and better to help others too.
And I personaly think it's one of the best thing in the game.

Just a word on "trolls". Just as you we don't like trolls. Nobody has meant to troll anyone on this thread. I think it all comes down from misunderstanding each other. Still I'm gonna continue to be the bad girl on my server. That's what they like and I'm enjoying it too. I'm just being myself after all. Always in a non harsh way but with smile and jokes. "Don't worry, be happy"😉

Reactions: Catori and Caly
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There is a big difference between posting your thoughts and wishes and using derogatory words, phrases and just being mean.
The devs appreciate constructive criticism, suggestions and even posting your dislikes.
But when (even in jest) people start to berate others, many offended and will leap to the defense of those being attacked.
We've said it over and over and I will say it again... All comments and opinions are always welcome as long as they are said in a respectful manner.

Reactions: Zazie and Caly
  • Likex2

Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I'm just wondering after reading all this how your guild feels about your choice as a full time villager? Have they asked you not to use the high level nats in the village vault? Have they asked you to quit begging for nats to use in village gathering? Are they unhappy with your help to advance the projects? Do they insist you should be doing your own gathering in the wild? I haven't seen any of your guild come to support you in this need for a safe gathering zone above your level of combat.
As many have already said, life is give and take. If you are giving to the guild with your choice to work on projects as a villager, are they not giving to you by supplying what you need to do that? It doesn't sound like you are taking without giving back. One of the hardest things in life for many people is accepting things given to them. If the joy is in the giving as I've been told all my life, you seem to be denying your guildmates of that pleasure.

Reactions: Kookaburra and Caly
  • Likex2

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
I'm just wondering after reading all this how your guild feels about your choice as a full time villager? Have they asked you not to use the high level nats in the village vault? Have they asked you to quit begging for nats to use in village gathering? Are they unhappy with your help to advance the projects? Do they insist you should be doing your own gathering in the wild? I haven't seen any of your guild come to support you in this need for a safe gathering zone above your level of combat.
As many have already said, life is give and take. If you are giving to the guild with your choice to work on projects as a villager, are they not giving to you by supplying what you need to do that? It doesn't sound like you are taking without giving back. One of the hardest things in life for many people is accepting things given to them. If the joy is in the giving as I've been told all my life, you seem to be denying your guildmates of that pleasure.
Well said Catori ❤

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Hum. As the villager and the hero is supposed to be the same person, the nodes are placed in areas where the hero is supposed to need the materials to craft the related gear. Meaning that it's fair to get the nodes in the area you will need those. At least I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.