Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
Exploitation is a word to handle carefully I believe.
I do precise, that what I will write is done with a smile and in a non-aggressive way.

Just because you write with a smile does not make your responses any less dogmatic. I am not primarily a villager. I know several who are and yet may not be maxed in combat or want to be but yet are valuable members of guilds, villages and server communities.

Just because you think everyone should be both does not mean others share your vision or desire. I personally found your responses dismissive and condescending, and I don’t really share the initial commenter’s perspective.

This game has always been, and should be, a broad church. A lot of would be pure villagers have expressed similar feelings. The validity of a thought may be helped by beautifully crafted language, but is not dependent upon it.

This feeling is not unique and should not be dismissed as if the writer were some second class citizen. Arrogance with a smile is sometimes more damaging than with a snarl.

Some thought for the villager community would not go amiss in ensuring the continued health of this game.

Reactions: Wiccan
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
It's Villagers AND Heroes, not Villagers or Heroes, or Villagers and Non-Villagers

Lamorack

Great Adventurer
Platform
iOS
It's Villagers AND Heroes, not Villagers or Heroes, or Villagers and Non-Villagers
I have to say that, while I do not necessarily share the perspective of the person who started this thread, I am truly disappointed by the holier than thou arrogance of many who responded.

I thought V & H was better than that. Darn glad I am not on US 1. Nobody has to be here, and anybody should be able to make a suggestion without that sort of snide condescension. I hope that the powers that be consider that. Very disappointed.

Reactions: Wiccan and Arjuna
  • Hahax1
  • Likex1
Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
Well, you can be only a villager, or only a hero. But if you choose that way of playing, you won’t be self sufficient, you’ll need to play with other players.

It’s not a bad thing to play with others in a massively multiplayer online role playing game ^_^

Launcelot

Citizen
Platform
Android, PC
I have to say that, while I do not necessarily share the perspective of the person who started this thread, I am truly disappointed by the holier than thou arrogance of many who responded.

I thought V & H was better than that. Darn glad I am not on US 1. Nobody has to be here, and anybody should be able to make a suggestion without that sort of snide condescension. I hope that the powers that be consider that. Very disappointed.
Also vi
Hum. As the villager and the hero is supposed to be the same person, the nodes are placed in areas where the hero is supposed to need the materials to craft the related gear. Meaning that it's fair to get the nodes in the area you will need those. At least I suppose.
I'm quite new here but one interpretation of villagers and heroes could be a set of people who are villagers and another who are heroes and sure some who are both. I'm not sure it means the same person has to be both.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
A number of other official reports are now coming in about this thread. And I think that's a shame, because I wanted to keep it open and hear constructive, albeit lively, views from our players concerning a topic which clearly touches on an issue which merits exploring. But now I am going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.