Packet

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I have a very important question. Why do some child NPCs = tiny old people? Kresimir is clearly grumpy because he's half the size of the other NPCs and suffering from advanced age. Poor little guy.
tinyman.PNG

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I have a very important question. Why do some child NPCs = tiny old people? Kresimir is clearly grumpy because he's half the size of the other NPCs and suffering from advanced age. Poor little guy.
View attachment 2107
Because there is no separate set of child faces. Talking about creepy, did you ever see the half animated/half filmed kid in Mars needs moms? It has haunted me for ages after seeing it

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
The same reason the pony looks exactly like a shrunk down version of a horse instead of an actual pony, the guy hiding out on Cronk Island to avoid the girlfriend that hacked off one of his hands still has two hands, and probably a long list of other things that mar the realism I would like to see more of. Ekimie pretty much nailed it. The effort to provide the modeling needed to do more realistic faces and body types for the children would be effort subtracted from some other aspect of the game which the devs have decided has a greater priority. For the record, I happen to agree with you, but considering how few children there are to interact with, I just choose to ignore the poor little old guys. Now that I think about it... I've played a long list of fantasy-based MMO games that had no children in them at all. The one I can think of that actually does have real looking children only uses about four models, so all of the kids are of the exact same age, size, and appearance. Kinda makes you wonder where all the heroes came from, but at least now we know why the guys in V&H are a little on the ugly side. It would seem they were born that way. :p

Packet

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I know they don't have different models. This post was mostly tongue-in-cheek. The little old people here and there make me laugh.

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I know they don't have different models. This post was mostly tongue-in-cheek. The little old people here and there make me laugh.
I get ya. ;)
And yet, still, the missing hand thing that's not actually missing annoys me for some reason. :unsure:

PS: Oompa-Loompas are kinda creepy and also annoy me... just sayin'...

Packet

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Some of those trolls bear a striking resemblance to Corey Feldman imo.