Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
Hello everyone,

We officially have payment back up and running for PC standalone client!

There are a few things to note:
  • We have switched payment providers! Our new payment provider is Xsolla. Xsolla not only provides some better features and upgrades from what we were using before, but it also is more secure. We are excited about this new partnership!
  • While the store page may look fairly bland at the moment, it is in the process of getting a Villagers and Heroes makeover. So don’t worry, it won’t be a bland white and green, and no longer will it talk about the Fury of the Stone Lord! Exciting!
  • The new interface should be simple to use and just as easy to purchase crowns or subscriptions for Villagers and Heroes.
  • If players wish to purchase items while not logged into the game (whether at work, or on your phone, etc.) you can do so by visiting this link and signing in using your game credentials: https://www.villagers-and-heroes.com/store
There are also a few things to know about subscriptions:
  • Players who have active recurring subscription will automatically be transferred over to the new provider. Your payments will continue using the exact same PayPal as before, everything should work without you having to do anything. However if you do have an issue, feel free to head over to our customer support page and submit a ticket. The link can be found here.
  • Subscription pricing has changed! We are lowering prices and making some other changes. See this post over here for full details.
Everything should be working as of right now, so feel free to head into the shop and check it out!

Platform
PC
What about foreign currencies? Ingame, the six month renewing Ardent Society membership shows a price of 35€. The payment website shows a price of 35$ which is currently about 30,90€ according to the built in currency calculator by Google. When I proceed to checkout, that amount changes to 32,57€ which is what I'd probably have to pay. (Did not test yet.) Although that is more expensive than the current exchange rate, it is probably still cheaper as intended, therefore I have no objections. I just wanted to let you know.

Lord Pyrrus

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android, PC
Thank you so much for getting the PC payment working. In honor of it working, can we have a crown sale? Please please please. BTW, I don't mind at all if it keeps talkin about the Fury of the Stone Lord. LOL

Lord Pyrrus

Servant of Mallok
Platform
Android, PC
I just tried it and it works great! It even sent a receipt for my crown purchase to my email. Thanks again for getting it working. I've been wanting to get the awesome Reapers Pack. Hugs!

Hollyanna

Tuskermoon
Platform
PC
Good to know, thanks for the heads up!
I've used Xsolla in other games and have never had any issues, so we should be good to go!

Characters
Hunter, Brae, Red, Torrel
Platform
PC
renew for ardent society is about end.
account will not let me buy crowns.
Ardent society on recurring purchase will be stop because of no crowns in account to cover it
I tried to put in CS ticket, would not let me submit because I could not select a sub-category.
Help? Any clues

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
renew for ardent society is about end.
account will not let me buy crowns.
Ardent society on recurring purchase will be stop because of no crowns in account to cover it
I tried to put in CS ticket, would not let me submit because I could not select a sub-category.
Help? Any clues
Recurring membership is not paid with crowns.
For sub category, you should be able to select other.

Characters
Platform
PC
tried to select something else it would not let me, it would not open to anything else.
I tried to use a different category, and then select the sub-category, but still the sub-category will not open.

Forum Moderator
Characters
IrishElf, Rishi, Irish, Elf
Platform
PC
Last edited
tried to select something else it would not let me, it would not open to anything else.
I tried to use a different category, and then select the sub-category, but still the sub-category will not open.
Select: other, then sub- other. That should go through.

Characters
Platform
PC
Hi,
I have tried each category to start to CS ticket, the Sub-category will not open to let me select a secondary category. Fill in all else, do the I am not a robot, then hit the submit, it spins and always goes back to lighting the sub-category to fill in??? No Clue What to do?

I would like spank the hacker really hard until they couldn't sit down, what a mess he/they have created for everyone. Oy vay

Eddie
H BRaT

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi,
I have tried each category to start to CS ticket, the Sub-category will not open to let me select a secondary category. Fill in all else, do the I am not a robot, then hit the submit, it spins and always goes back to lighting the sub-category to fill in??? No Clue What to do?

I would like spank the hacker really hard until they couldn't sit down, what a mess he/they have created for everyone. Oy vay

Eddie
H BRaT
Hello,
What web browser are you using? If you try in a different browser are you still having issues?

Kaydee

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Just thought I'd post this "consent form" you agree to, when buying crowns, as an FYI:
Screenshot 2019-03-21 14.48.14.png

Idk how you feel about this, but I find it rather disturbing. :unsure::cautious:

edit to increase image size ~hope you can read it now. :)

Characters
Caraldor / Loxana
Platform
iOS, PC
Just thought I'd post this "consent form" you agree to, when buying crowns, as an FYI:
View attachment 1679

Idk how you feel about this, but I find it rather disturbing. :unsure::cautious:

edit to increase image size ~hope you can read it now. :)
YIKES!
But really, is it that different from all the other forms out there? I have pretty much accepted the there is absolutely no privacy anymore. I just hope with the billions of people online my info is lost in the masses and not drawing attention of the bad guys.

Damon Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi,
I asked Xsolla, the payment system we're using now, and asked them about this. They replied:
"This is a consent form relating to the GDPR, as you may know, of the principles of GDPR is that a user can always give and revoke consent of processing personal information. This is not a mandatory document, user may skip it thus not giving the consent. It means that for example google analytics will not be collecting any information about the user and that information could not be used for marketing purposes. "

I believe they are saying that you don't have to consent to purchase crowns. When I tested, I wasn't even presented with this form. Did this form pop up for you when you went to purchase?

Best, Damon

Kaydee

BRA Member
Platform
PC
I found it when I clicked Diet's link in OP, it takes you to a log in page, that asks you for your email, and in-game password, then you're taken
to the shop-page, at the bottom of which, it gives two options 'agree/disagree', as well as clickable explanations for: 'personal info', and 'privacy policy'.
When I accessed crown buying while I was in game, none of this came up.
I opted to not buy more crowns this time, but I guess they still have my info now, and even if they honor what they say; the 'decline' wouldn't be effective until I click the disagree button, any info they saw before that, would still be in their records.
One final thing, Diet's link stays on Google, and you're not actually in game, when you 'sign in';
whereas, if you go to buy crowns while in the game world, an IE page comes up.
Hope this helps.