Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Today's poem is inspired by several quest lines. I found myself angry and Uncle Sue today, and some girl in a mining cave, and the mother of another girl that apparently loves horses. This poem is a little different than my normal style - I don't think many will like it, but I like how it turned out. :eek:)

Fractured Conversation
"The world's in danger, I need your help!"
"Shush now child, you insolent welp,
No respect for the wiser breed,
Always coming to us with what you need,
I won't stand for this, not no more,
Sit a spell before you run out this door."

"But, the men in black they have some..."
"Are you deaf or are you dumb,
Now I meant it, every word,
To always rush, it's so absurd,
Sit on down and talk awhile,
I saw those men, I'm not senile,
I just want a talk before you go,
Besides, there's time, they're walking slow"

"...go on..."
"My dinner tonight is roast red beans!"
"...go on..."
"The weather's nice, the best I've seen!"
"...go on..."
"I saw a fox down by the barn."
"...go on..."
"I made this scarf from yellow yarn."
"...go on..."
"The neighbor's sick with spots of red."
"...go on..."
"They stole my shovel, I hope they're dead."
"...go on..."
"The sun is setting, now I tire."
"...go on..."
"Would you please warm up my fire?"
"...hold on..."
"Who are you? Get out of here!"
"...hang on!"
"I've got a wand, you should stand clear!"
"I'll just go..."
"A twist to the left, a twist to the right..."
"...good talk."
"I point at you..." [KABOOM], "and say good night!"

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Did she just blow up the kid? o_O
Nice poem still though xD perhaps it would be nice to make 1 bundled post with all your poems? I can imagine after a month or so the fan forum gets a bit messy if you make a new post each poem. You could make a thread like: Ips Daily Poems and just put all there

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
They say if you have to explain a joke you’ve failed. That is probably the same for a poem, but I don’t want people thinking that a small kid got blasted by a fireball.

I suppose as I envisioned this, the text in black is us - the hero (hardly a kid) - and the various multi-colored lines represent a person of much more advanced age that you encounter while searching for members of the black thrush. If this were a cartoon, the hero departs having been blasted by a fireball, singer but otherwise ok. :)

The darker side of this poem lies mostly in the context of what’s happening as the sun sets. Both of my grandmothers had dementia before leaving this world, and people with dementia often experience something referred to sundown syndrome. Their personality and memories shift with the setting of the sun. Dementia and Alzheimer’s are terrible diseases, conditions I hope are cured within my lifetime.