Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Total voters

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
Last edited
Hello everyone!
I have created a poll so you can vote on whether or not you think PvP should be added!
Please keep all comments civil, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be allowed to express their thoughts!

This is a new poll that is embedded within the forums since some people did not want to vote on the other one.

Keep in mind there are many different types of PvP that could be implemented such as:
  • Duels = 1v1 with other players where one player sends an invitation to duel and the other must accept or reject.
  • Arena= Separate area in which PvP is activated upon walking into the zone.
    • This is a large FFA (free for all) zone however, typically you can party up with other players and have fun team combos
  • Capture the flag = Two teams, two flags. Whichever team successfully captures more flags at the end of the time limit wins. Of course player killing is activated during this to protect/attack the other teams flag. If no flags are captured during the allotted time the game goes into overtime awarding the first team that captures a flag the win!
There are of course more modes, however these are my personal favorites!

If you have any ideas for PvP please share your thoughts below!
Also feel free to share why you think it would be a good idea or a bad idea to add it.
Cheers!

Reactions: Sultan
  • Angryx1

Leizong

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
说实话,这种投票毫无意义,很多人不上论坛。我觉得统计一下每个服务器在线人数,满级玩家,满级之后卸载游戏的玩家以及愿意资助水獭的人,更有助于开发人员他们未来的方向。pvp只是一种策略,如何保持玩家不流失是最重要的事

Reactions: Arjuna and Ori Gami
  • Likex2

Leizong

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
但是这个投票有助于开发者了解我们还剩多少活跃玩家,我们可以参与进来,但是不能代表什么

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
...interesting, how your little faces look 'happy' for the yes answer, and grumpy for no...
tut-tut! polls are supposed to be set up in an opinion neutral fashion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not sure why everything must be picked apart and taken so seriously by this community lol it really blows my mind, how a community that claims to be so friendly and open has been the exact opposite of that.

Not just towards me, but other people's opinions that this community doesn't like gets surgically destroyed and put on the walk of shame for being different.

If anything the face on the no represents how the people feel about it because they don't want it added and don't want to talk about it so they are flipping the table.

It really shouldn't have to be explained, but thanks for the input. I will be as monotone and lifeless as possible with all future posts.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
It might strengthen your case in favour of adding pvp if you did not keep doing pretty much all those things the opponents of pvp belive pvp players bring to a game.

1) Choose a name with sexual overtones which is certainly inappropriate and which many consider downright offensive.
2) Attack anyone who questions that name with snide accusations and innuendo.
3) Argue with evey player who expresses an opinion opposite to your own instead of taking your own advice and "just ignore it".
4) Claim that trolls and trolling are inevitable and therefore there is no need to try to stop them (All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing)
5) Cry wolf when someone criticises your name, but in the same breath tell another player that it is their own fault they were the victim of abuse because they chose to have a female name for their character.
6) Demand that the developers add what you want simply because you want it, and regardless of the fact that you admit that even you believe that the majority do not.
7) Describe those who prefer pve as mindless, and criticse players for the sins of being old, female or simply not liking to hear swear words and other inappropriate chat in game or on the forums.

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I'm not sure why everything must be picked apart and taken so seriously by this community lol it really blows my mind, how a community that claims to be so friendly and open has been the exact opposite of that.

Not just towards me, but other people's opinions that this community doesn't like gets surgically destroyed and put on the walk of shame for being different.

If anything the face on the no represents how the people feel about it because they don't want it added and don't want to talk about it so they are flipping the table.

It really shouldn't have to be explained, but thanks for the input. I will be as monotone and lifeless as possible with all future posts.
Polls should give options. By adding faces, you opinionated the choices. Don't know why that needs to be explained.

Claiming that a group of people "don't want to talk about it" while also claiming this same group "surgically destroyed" opposing opinions is a contradiction. You keep dismissing any discussion that doesn't agree with your opinion but that doesn't mean others aren't discussing the issue.

Reactions: Neliora and Arjuna
  • Likex2
Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
6) Demand that the developers add what you want simply because you want it, and regardless of the fact that you admit that even you believe that the majority do not.
7) Describe those who prefer pve as mindless, and criticse players for the sins of being old, female or simply not liking to hear swear words and other inappropriate chat in game or on the forums.
Those 2 last points are the saddest ones, seems the point is to create drama

But you know.... nom nom nom... drama popcorn’s the best !

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
It might strengthen your case in favour of adding pvp if you did not keep doing pretty much all those things the opponents of pvp belive pvp players bring to a game.

1) Choose a name with sexual overtones which is certainly inappropriate and which many consider downright offensive.
2) Attack anyone who questions that name with snide accusations and innuendo.
3) Argue with evey player who expresses an opinion opposite to your own instead of taking your own advice and "just ignore it".
4) Claim that trolls and trolling are inevitable and therefore there is no need to try to stop them (All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing)
5) Cry wolf when someone criticises your name, but in the same breath tell another player that it is their own fault they were the victim of abuse because they chose to have a female name for their character.
1) There is nothing sexual about my name, as this has already been discussed. If it is seen as sexual than it's taken completely the wrong way. Grow up and stop complaining about a username
2) I'm the one being attacked for having this name so of course i'm going to defend myself. Why? because it's a username in a video game so I restate. Grow up and mind your own business. This username is not in anyway shape or form harming anyone.
3) I definitely am not "arguing" i'm sharing my perspective, I don't get why that's so hard to see. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours does not mean they are arguing. I'm not upset that other's have different opinions, in fact if that was the case the world would be so bland as everything would be the same!Since you don't know the different between a discussion and arguing I have defined them below for you.
Argue: exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way.
Discussion: the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas. & a conversation or debate about a certain topic.
4) You can try as much as you want to stop someone from trolling online but at the end of the day there is nothing that you can do about it unless you are an admin/moderator with the power to kick/mute/ban someone. That is why I said that, i'm being realistic.
5) I don't "cry wolf" when someone criticizes my name, and the player you are talking about (if you had read the conversation) explicitly stated that she intentionally put her real information out in attempt to see what trolls would do. That is attention grabbing itself and that's why I said she brought that upon herself.
6) Please show me where I "demanded" the developers add something I want because now you're just being ridiculous. Am I in favor of PvP? Yes Did I demand the developers add it? No I made a post explaining why I think it would be good and how I think it could fit. That's not demanding that's called a suggestion, which I posted in the suggestion tab (because that's what it is there for).
7) I never said you are mindless for enjoying PvE, I said that at a certain point mindlessly killing NPCs gets boring vs outwitting other human beings. If you enjoy killing NPCs all the time then there is no shame in it and i'm not criticizing anyone for it. That was referring to my personal opinion so please try to really read something over before criticizing someone.

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
Polls should give options. By adding faces, you opinionated the choices. Don't know why that needs to be explained.

Claiming that a group of people "don't want to talk about it" while also claiming this same group "surgically destroyed" opposing opinions is a contradiction. You keep dismissing any discussion that doesn't agree with your opinion but that doesn't mean others aren't discussing the issue.
I never dismissed anyone that is against PvE, i'm open for discussion and there have been very very few people that do not wish PvP was added that actually gave respectful and well written responses as to why they feel it should not be added instead of instantly attacking me for wanting it.

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
Last edited
I don't understand what is so difficult about voting and then either moving on or discussing your thoughts in a civilized manner. Instead people insist on going off topic to talk about my name (mind your own business) and then complain how the poll is opinionated, then attack me for having an opinion. This is the suggestion thread for a reason, to submit suggestions!

It seems some of you didn't read and missed the part where i said "Please keep all comments civil, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should be allowed to express their thoughts!" In the very beginning

Seriously please start acting like adults, this is not a good look for this community. All the things I read on Reddit about this community are 100% accurate so far, but I didn't believe it would be this bad.

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
To everyone: Please stop telling others how to act, what to do and how to post on the forums.

Everyone can post as long as it is respectful and within the TOS, policy and rules.

If you can't do so please just block and move on or warnings will continue.

Reactions: Neliora and Arjuna
  • Hahax1
  • Likex1

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
May you post some links to where we could see that?
I just search reddit and didn't found anything like that. Doesn't mean thatvit doesn't exist, I'm not using Reddit and might have not search at the good place.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I voted I don't care if PVP is added to the game, because I don't, but I would love to see some formal form of ingame competition added to the game even if it is treated as a special event every 3 months for 1 week. I'm talking about gathering & crafting contest, Zog find and turn in contest, official scavenger hunt, etc..., but not dueling or open world combat. We already have some forms of limited PVP type competitions(the Shaman run, 1st person to get EZ mount, even th AH can be a form of pvp by seeing who can make the most gold by selling stuff) in the game, but nothing official, and all of it non harmful to the game.

STOP THINKING OF ALL PVP AS DUELING BUT AS COMPETITION.

Status
Not open for further replies.