Votes: 61 78.2%
  • I don't care ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Total voters

Neliora

Wizard
Platform
Android, PC
1) There is nothing sexual about my name, as this has already been discussed. If it is seen as sexual than it's taken completely the wrong way. Grow up and stop complaining about a username
2) I'm the one being attacked for having this name so of course i'm going to defend myself. Why? because it's a username in a video game so I restate. Grow up and mind your own business. This username is not in anyway shape or form harming anyone.
3) I definitely am not "arguing" i'm sharing my perspective, I don't get why that's so hard to see. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours does not mean they are arguing. I'm not upset that other's have different opinions, in fact if that was the case the world would be so bland as everything would be the same!Since you don't know the different between a discussion and arguing I have defined them below for you.
Argue: exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way.
Discussion: the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas. & a conversation or debate about a certain topic.
4) You can try as much as you want to stop someone from trolling online but at the end of the day there is nothing that you can do about it unless you are an admin/moderator with the power to kick/mute/ban someone. That is why I said that, i'm being realistic.
5) I don't "cry wolf" when someone criticizes my name, and the player you are talking about (if you had read the conversation) explicitly stated that she intentionally put her real information out in attempt to see what trolls would do. That is attention grabbing itself and that's why I said she brought that upon herself.
6) Please show me where I "demanded" the developers add something I want because now you're just being ridiculous. Am I in favor of PvP? Yes Did I demand the developers add it? No I made a post explaining why I think it would be good and how I think it could fit. That's not demanding that's called a suggestion, which I posted in the suggestion tab (because that's what it is there for).
7) I never said you are mindless for enjoying PvE, I said that at a certain point mindlessly killing NPCs gets boring vs outwitting other human beings. If you enjoy killing NPCs all the time then there is no shame in it and i'm not criticizing anyone for it. That was referring to my personal opinion so please try to really read something over before criticizing someone.
Sheesh, this guy puts more words in people's mouths than a can of Alphabet Soup....

We could all just copy and paste all of your posts to show the contradictions you make with yourself, but this is getting so old now. So I'm just going to hand you your own advice and tell you to mind your business in regards to my posts. K. Thx. Bye.

Neliora

Wizard
Platform
Android, PC
To everyone: Please stop telling others how to act, what to do and how to post on the forums.

Everyone can post as long as it is respectful and within the TOS, policy and rules.

If you can't do so please just block and move on or warnings will continue.
Thank you, did not realize you can do the Ignore thing. EASY FIX BOOM. (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Scrumptious
  • Lovex1

Fatalthrive

Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
This whole thread was supposed to be about everyone's opinion on PvP in-game. Instead, it became a keyboard warrior's heaven about some guys forum name. Really shows the true colors of the community. Here's a suggestion. Meassge the guy about his name in private and keep the comments to the question at hand in the thread.

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
Last edited
This whole thread was supposed to be about everyone's opinion on PvP in-game. Instead, it became a keyboard warrior's heaven about some guys forum name. Really shows the true colors of the community. Here's a suggestion. Meassge the guy about his name in private and keep the comments to the question at hand in the thread.
I even put that in the very beginning of my post! But I guess reading is hard for some people lol.

It definately did not leave a good impression on me when I first posted here suggesting PvP and instead of discussing it all the keyboard ninjas came out waiting to shame someone for bringing it up in the holy Land.

I've never seen a community that cares about something so much that (they wouldn't have to participate in) be so against someone and something for simply suggesting it. You would think I came in and scammed someone or talked down the game the way some acted.

Ironically every game I have been in that has PvP has had friendlier forums and communities than this, and I've actually not ever seen this much drama in an online forum before.

At least someone understands lol! Thanks for the comment!

Platform
PC
Going back to topic - The results of your poll (so far) may indicate why devs have not worked on adding PVP to game. As stated in several previous threads, most in the community don't want it.

Reactions: Tern and Neliora
  • Likex2

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Last edited
A vast majority of new players say the primary reason they play V&H is because there is no PVP. Personally I had to be persuaded to try V&H because I was not interested playing a game with combat of any kind. I found the game delightful mainly because I did not have to engage combat and if I did I would be helping "the good" defeat "the bad".

Personally I detest the idea of PVP but I also know games are a capitalist venture that must pay the bills. I feel sure PVP will be added when they determine a way to add that type of play style and not adversely affect the game's playful atmosphere. The limited experiences I have been exposed to PVP the object is make it to the top with players creating the most destructive weapons and teams to destroy everyone who have also created the most destructive weapons and teams to kill you. It mimics reality destruction based on invasion and annihilation. The goals are not to develop friendships nor advancement by helping others. PVP games are designed in nature to conquer and destroy.

If PVP could be added and not affect the way I choose to play the game I wouldn't oppose PVP. I do feel PVP creates a different game atmosphere and attracts players with different objectives of entertainment. In my mind the 2 objectives of PVP and PVE are mutually incongruent. I guess what I am trying to say is we have to agree to disagree.

The Duke

Merchant
Characters
The Duke
Platform
PC
I'm not sure why everything must be picked apart and taken so seriously by this community lol it really blows my mind, how a community that claims to be so friendly and open has been the exact opposite of that.

Not just towards me, but other people's opinions that this community doesn't like gets surgically destroyed and put on the walk of shame for being different.

If anything the face on the no represents how the people feel about it because they don't want it added and don't want to talk about it so they are flipping the table.

It really shouldn't have to be explained, but thanks for the input. I will be as monotone and lifeless as possible with all future posts.
Because if you don't agree with them, you're against them...just like how they claim to be new player friendly, yet, they're really just passive-aggressive bullies. We aren't allowed a valid opinion that strays from the masses without being banned :D

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Please return to the Original Topic. Attacking other players won't be allowed.

Reactions: Neliora
  • Likex1

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
The limited experiences I have been exposed to PVP the object is make it to the top with players creating the most destructive weapons and teams to destroy everyone who have also created the most destructive weapons and teams to kill you. It mimics reality destruction based on invasion and annihilation. The goals are not to develop friendships nor advancement by helping others. PVP games are designed in nature to conquer and destroy.

If PVP could be added and not affect the way I choose to play the game I wouldn't oppose PVP. I do feel PVP creates a different game atmosphere and attracts players with different objectives of entertainment. In my mind the 2 objectives of PVP and PVE are mutually incongruent. I guess what I am trying to say is we have to agree to disagree.
How about a CTF (capture the flag) mode?
  • 2 teams
  • 2 flags
  • Whichever team has the most flags captured at the end of (x) amount of minutes wins.
This is a game that is played around the world at all ages and in schools. It requires team work and communication which are both important factors of PvE in any mmo that you must have in successful dungeons/challenging boss battles.

Of course players would be able to attack each-other to defend/retrieve the flag, but that wouldn't be the primary focus, as that's not how you win the game.

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
We aren't allowed a valid opinion that strays from the masses without being banned :D
That statement is, of course, nonsense.

This forum is full of dissenting opinions and nobody has been banned for that. Actually getting banned from our forum is quite a feat and extremely rare and you'd have to break our rules quite substantially for that. Just having a different opinion than everybody else is not enough.

@Fatalthrive Feel free to lead by example and take part in the actual discussion (about pvp and not other forum iusers and/or our community). Just a suggestion, of course. :p

The Duke

Merchant
Characters
The Duke
Platform
PC
That statement is, of course, nonsense.

This forum is full of dissenting opinions and nobody has been banned for that. Actually getting banned from our forum is quite a feat and extremely rare and you'd have to break our rules quite substantially for that. Just having a different opinion than everybody else is not enough.

@Fatalthrive Feel free to lead by example and take part in the actual discussion (about pvp and not other forum iusers and/or our community). Just a suggestion, of course. :p
If the forum and game are tied and in fact on the same TOS, then yes, one having a varying opinion and feeling as though we can speak freely wouldn't be on the minds of us small group of free thinkers. So, there's that. Anyhow, on the matter of pvp, the opinion that it breeds toxicity is a what the masses believe, so, those of us non-toxic, mature pvper's will probably never get a platform here. I mean it's not like there's tech out there that would allow us to either enter a pvp only zone, or, toggle it off and on....

Scrumptious

Great Adventurer
Platform
Android
If the forum and game are tied and in fact on the same TOS, then yes, one having a varying opinion and feeling as though we can speak freely wouldn't be on the minds of us small group of free thinkers. So, there's that. Anyhow, on the matter of pvp, the opinion that it breeds toxicity is a what the masses believe, so, those of us non-toxic, mature pvper's will probably never get a platform here. I mean it's not like there's tech out there that would allow us to either enter a pvp only zone, or, toggle it off and on....
I have said this countless times that if other players don't want to PvP that nobody is forcing them and they can still play the same game they are playing now, but some people don't understand, instead they assume that everyone that wants to have a fun battle is "toxic" and should receive no help in game since they are the enemy LOL.

I'm glad other's like you are starting to speak up and share your thoughts about this so they know there are in fact people that would enjoy it that aren't "toxic" as some say.

Another note to all against PvP:
There is a saying somewhere along the lines of
  • who you surround yourself with you become.
Most if not all players adapt to the communities culture when they join a game. This community claims to be welcoming & relaxed. If that's the case other players that join that do want PvP would more than likely adapt to the culture that is established. Just because someone experienced an annoying or "toxic" player in another game does not mean everyone that does enjoy PvP should have a target on their head. A toxic player will be toxic regardless of what game modes are implemented in the game.

Reactions: The Dutchess
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Last edited
So the minority who keep posting in favour of pvp without ever providing any concrete argument how it would actually improve the game (other than the fact that they want it) are "free thinkers", whilst the majority who don't want it, and have frequently listed in detail and at length why they feel it would be detrimental (balancing issues, time for development, potential nerfs because of the said balancing issues, potential for increased toxicity, lack of any actual evidence that pvp is actually more popular than pve in reality) are "the masses"?

Interesting view on democracy.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I have said this countless times that if other players don't want to PvP that nobody is forcing them and they can still play the same game they are playing now, but some people don't understand, instead they assume that everyone that wants to have a fun battle is "toxic" and should receive no help in game since they are the enemy LOL.

I'm glad other's like you are starting to speak up and share your thoughts about this so they know there are in fact people that would enjoy it that aren't "toxic" as some say.

Another note to all against PvP:
There is a saying somewhere along the lines of
  • who you surround yourself with you become.
Most if not all players adapt to the communities culture when they join a game. This community claims to be welcoming & relaxed. If that's the case other players that join that do want PvP would more than likely adapt to the culture that is established. Just because someone experienced an annoying or "toxic" player in another game does not mean everyone that does enjoy PvP should have a target on their head. A toxic player will be toxic regardless of what game modes are implemented in the game.
Unfortunately, merely saying something countless times doesn't actually make it true.

Strangely enough, given that as you have already pointed out, I need to grow up and apparently learn the English language (54 in rl, honours degree in Physics, 30 + years teaching and coached debating teams in eg the Oxford Union schools competition for over 15 years so actually quite familiar with the difference between arguing and debating) I actually understand perfectly almost all the points you have made. I just happen to disagree with most of them.

In particular, I disagree fundamentally with your view that you can introduce pvp into a pve game and have no effect (good or bad) on the players who already play the game, and who have no wish to be involved in pvp.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I voted I don't care if PVP is added to the game, because I don't, but I would love to see some formal form of ingame competition added to the game even if it is treated as a special event every 3 months for 1 week. I'm talking about gathering & crafting contest, Zog find and turn in contest, official scavenger hunt, etc..., but not dueling or open world combat. We already have some forms of limited PVP type competitions(the Shaman run, 1st person to get EZ mount, even th AH can be a form of pvp by seeing who can make the most gold by selling stuff) in the game, but nothing official, and all of it non harmful to the game.

STOP THINKING OF ALL PVP AS DUELING BUT AS COMPETITION.
Restating an older posting

The Duke

Merchant
Characters
The Duke
Platform
PC
So the minority who keep posting in favour of pvp without ever providing any concrete argument how it would actually improve the game (other than the fact that they want it) are "free thinkers", whilst the majority who don't want it, and have frequently listed in detail and at length why the feel it would be detrimental (balancing issues, time for development, potential nerfs because of the said balancing issues, potential for increased toxicity, lack of any actual evidence that pvp is actually more popular than pve in reality) are "the masses"?

Interesting view on democracy.
HAH. Did you even read and digest WHAT I made that comment to....or are you just trying to backhanded attack? I'll go with thinking you're backhanded attacking. In terms of pvp, bud, the list of negatives will ALWAYS outweigh the positives. However, I'll humor you.

As far as time for development, they've had plenty enough time to figure it out. I'm confident they could do so. Nerfs? Balancing issues? They haven't even got PVE balancing issues sorted out yet after all this time. (case in point-today's nerf on the Pharaoh boss and removal of the runes...). At best, this game is the likes of something that's in beta phase...(prove me wrong because even in tos it speaks that of a beta build, unfinished product, not to mention the constant push-back of patch releases) but, it's fun and addictive, and my better half and I enjoy it.

-More revenue for the cash shop for pvp specific items (as a person who has dropped more than 3k US dollars with the other half since US3 launch, we would most certainly buy in to this)
-More players thus generating more potential for sustained revenue
-More content for those that don't care to rebirth due to lack of end game and forced, recycled content ("rebirthing")
-More cosmetics in the shop for pvp'ers AND pve'ers(the ability to buy new aesthetics, which, would hopefully force the devs to stop using recycled gnog garbage and actually USE their talents because that otter designer is one talented young man whom is probably being held back creatively)

While I agree that there are A LOT of toxic pvpers, I would like to think that this community would be mature enough to handle it in a friendly manner. Also, I hope you can see the trend here with the cash shop because being an indy company, they need our support as a community.

Status
Not open for further replies.