Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
This is a thread to gather feedback during the beta phase of the forums. Post any feedback, issues or questions here.

Frequently Asked Questions
Before asking a question or reporting a forum issue/bug, please see the FAQ here:
https://www.madottergames.com/forums/index.php?threads/forum-beta-faq.37/

Known Issues
Please do not report any of the issues listed below.
  • Profile pages layout has glitches on mobile and low resolutions.
  • Uploading an avatar has some visual glitches and does not allow for cropping.
  • Numerous display issues on Microsoft Edge/IE
  • There is no "back to top" button on threads.
  • Member pagination is hard to read.
  • Only the post title in post lists can be clicked, and not the entire button.

BBlue

Eldritch Huntress
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
It's pretty neat so far never used this type of forum but it's fairly easy to find posts atm and not so cluttered like the old forums.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
not so cluttered like the old forums.
Give it a week or 3 :p

I like the forum but I just nearly reported myself when I was messing around in my profile. Maybe the button could be smaller so incidental clicks are prevented. (I didnt try to see if I get a confirmation for the reporting)

Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
Only 30 characters can be typed in the section of name of ingame characters.
The button next to the Wikipedia, for the contact support is missing its name.
I don't seem to get my old signature attached.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Only 30 characters can be typed in the section of name of ingame characters.
The button next to the Wikipedia, for the contact support is missing its name.
I don't seem to get my old signature attached.
Could you let me know what your old signature contains? The new forums have some heavier restrictions on signatures to reduce thread clutter.

Or can report devs for that matter, I just saw :p
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Doebiedoebiedaba?
No idea.

Also my suggestions never come at once, they always announce themselves with nice breaks between them and I am too lazy to write them down and poste all at once. You can use the @ function to lnk a user, how about usigng # to directly link to a (sub) forum? For example 'dude nice ida why dont you post in #gamesuggestions' or whatever

Vanar

Arch Wizard
Characters
Vana r
Platform
PC, Steam
I'd always get lost in the old forum, never knew my way around it but i'm pretty excited for the new one. Seems promising and I like it!

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Any way preview your signature before saving?
The signature editor, like the post editor, should show any formatting and images directly as you edit it, so no preview should be needed. Let me know if you feel this is insufficient though.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Can't fit all my characters names so I just entered my main.
I couldn't fit all 4 of my toons names in that field either, so I used their nicknames instead. (I figure that most people will be able to figure it out fairly easily.) :cool:

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
The reason there's a length limit to the character field is to make the left side of posts less cluttered (as it mentions your character there). As some suggested, you are encouraged to either just enter your main or use nicknames for characters :)

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
The signature editor, like the post editor, should show any formatting and images directly as you edit it, so no preview should be needed. Let me know if you feel this is insufficient though.
Thanks, Also is there anyway that you can change the size and color of letters in the signature? The options seem limited.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Thanks, Also is there anyway that you can change the size and color of letters in the signature? The options seem limited.
The options are limited by design. The intention is to make sure that signatures do not clutter up threads too much and the focus is always on the post content.

Jazz Mann

Eldritch Hunter
Characters
Vordigan, The Dark Archer
Platform
Android, PC
I couldn't fit all 4 of my toons names in that field either, so I used their nicknames instead. (I figure that most people will be able to figure it out fairly easily.) :cool:
Nah, No nicknames... Most people in-game just call me by my name Jazz on any alt... so I put Jazz, Jazz, Jazz, Jazz? ...HA! Jazz kidding! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.