Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
As the forums are now out of beta, I have closed the beta feedback thread. For any future feedback, issues or feature requests, please use this thread.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Whilst on the main forums title page the Wiki link in the top right shows correctly, on both the What's New and Members pages it shows as a broken link. Same once you enter an individual thread like this one.

Wiki link.PNG

(Using Chrome)

Edit to add - the link still works, just the pic is lost.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Good catch, looks like it broke when I changed to friendly URLs. Fixed!

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
When creating a new thread, I would like if I was automatically sent to my thread rather than the category it is in. For example, I made a thread recently, and upon hitting "post" I was sent to the game suggestion rather than the thread itself. A very minor nitpick...

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Also when editing posts or creating threads, there are 2 preview buttons

1544223185745.png

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
When creating a new thread, I would like if I was automatically sent to my thread rather than the category it is in. For example, I made a thread recently, and upon hitting "post" I was sent to the game suggestion rather than the thread itself. A very minor nitpick...
The reason for this is that thread creation is entirely inline the forum view. I could probably make it redirect at some point in the future though.

Also when editing posts or creating threads, there are 2 preview buttons
Fixed!

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
On the old forum, I could mark the entire forum read but could also mark an individual section of the forum as read. I can see the mark forum read option but do not see one to mark a section so. Do we lack that feature here or am I just overlooking it?

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
On the old forum, I could mark the entire forum read but could also mark an individual section of the forum as read. I can see the mark forum read option but do not see one to mark a section so. Do we lack that feature here or am I just overlooking it?
When viewing a subforum, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Mark Read". :)

Reactions: Littlenymph
  • Likex1

Donut

Signatures don’t appear on mobile. The img link in the chat box doesn’t work too well for imgur for signatures.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Signatures don’t appear on mobile.
This is intentional and done for two reasons:
  1. To keep data use on mobile down - since signature content can be hotlinked from elsewhere, there's a possibility of huge images or other content in signatures which could end up using a lot of data.
  2. To reduce the vertical space taken up by posts. On narrow mobile screens there is already a lot of scrolling, and signatures would make this a lot worse.
The img link in the chat box doesn’t work too well for imgur for signatures.
Could you describe what happens when you try to use this? Note that you'll want to use the direct link (i.e. ending with .jpg, .png etc.) and not imgur's rich embed link.

Reactions: Donut
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
When viewing a subforum, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Mark Read". :)
DOH! :oops:
Can we just pretend I never asked the question, seeing as how I was hunting for the tab at the bottom of the thread instead of the bottom of the SECTION, where a reasonably intelligent person would have looked, to begin with?

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
DOH! :oops:
Can we just pretend I never asked the question, seeing as how I was hunting for the tab at the bottom of the thread instead of the bottom of the SECTION, where a reasonably intelligent person would have looked, to begin with?
You're reasonably intelligent with other things, just not that tech savvy but that is a different thing entirely

• Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Saying that Layla is "not that tech-savvy" is akin to saying rain is not that dry, but I thank you for the other part of the comment. :)

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Saying that Layla is "not that tech-savvy" is akin to saying rain is not that dry, but I thank you for the other part of the comment. :)
Well, I had some opportunity to check recently and I can confirm rain is indeed not all that dry at all

• Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I can not find the timestamps on the mobile version on the posts

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I can not find the timestamps on the mobile version on the posts
Currently timestamps are one of the things that are hidden on small screen sizes to reduce clutter and vertical space used. That said, if this feels important to see I can add it back in!

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Currently timestamps are one of the things that are hidden on small screen sizes to reduce clutter and vertical space used. That said, if this feels important to see I can add it back in!
It is not 100% important but I noticed when that one player notified his stream started but because I had no time of the post I didnt know if it was 5 minutes ago and still running or 5 hours ago and long finished. In most post it wont be important but in some it is.
Same for the 'in half an hour the servers go down for update' posts

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Image Limit: Please increase this to 15 if possible. If it is for rendering reasons, then I understand the current limit - however if there is a little leeway, 15 would be very useful ;)

Hide Posts: The ability to post a hidden thread that can be made public at a later date. Useful for contests & patch-notes as well as threads that require some touching up before public consumption.

Save Drafts: The option to manually save up to 3 different drafts that can be accessed and finished at leisure. It takes me a long time to create threads, and often I need to save them on an external document so I can be sure the information is saved.