Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Image Limit: Please increase this to 15 if possible. If it is for rendering reasons, then I understand the current limit - however if there is a little leeway, 15 would be very useful ;)
The image limit is actually 20, although the attachment limit was 10. I've set both to 20 now :)

Platform
PC
Hi I ran into some issues with signing up for the new forum.

First - Finding the forum.
I nomally use a shortcut to "whats new" therefore i missed the big banner on the front page of the old forum. (Why would anyone wisit the homepage of a forum? its lunacy i tell ya! lunacy!)
So when i went looking i went to Mad otters main site. The official Mad Otter webpage is pointing to the old forum. And the home page of the old forum then points you to the new forum.
I suggest updating this page http://www.madottergames.com/games/

Secondly - Signing up.
I use a Firefox ESR for Linux. This particular browser does aparently not display recapcha, at all. Leaving me somwhat confused on what i was supposed to verify. I dunno if im a fringe case in this matter but if its not too hard it might be an idea to write some comment on how some browsers dont work. Just incase recaptcha dont work enough to deliver its own error message. (found that one when i tried register using my pad)

Third - Online status.
Despite unticking every box under privacy, including the one about displaying online status. I can still see my name on the front page.

To sumerize.
I got lost. I couldnt get in. But now that im here evereyone will know about it.

oh yes 1morethingelydoo can is there a spellchekk.? :)

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Not sure if the feature already exists, but if possible to have a word and/or character count when making threads and posts, it would be a huge benefit for those of us that are a bit... long winded. Knowing how much text to delete to fit within the character constraints for example.

Thanks for all you do Ivar!

Rijm

Citizen
Platform
iOS
Currently timestamps are one of the things that are hidden on small screen sizes to reduce clutter and vertical space used. That said, if this feels important to see I can add it back in!
The time stamps are pretty important. I am currently using the ‘simple’ version of the forums in order to see them, and I have to say it is much less fun than the V&H version.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Hey Ivar!

How long do drafts last?

Also, is there any way to embed my own markup into a post - say if I wanted to construct a quick table for example. I tried out the Code and ICode insertion, but it appears those are just for displaying.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hey Ivar!

How long do drafts last?

Also, is there any way to embed my own markup into a post - say if I wanted to construct a quick table for example. I tried out the Code and ICode insertion, but it appears those are just for displaying.
Drafts are stored for 24 hours. If you feel this could be longer, let me know and I can extend the duration.

Actual HTML is disabled in posts for security reasons, however, if there are specific features you would like to see added to posting also let me know and I can look into implementing it as a native feature.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Drafts are stored for 24 hours. If you feel this could be longer, let me know and I can extend the duration
Sounds good! Perhaps a few hours of leeway if it doesn't put too much strain on the server? If accessing my draft, editing it, and then saving it again will refresh my 24 hours, then that is quite workable for me.

Actual HTML is disabled in posts for security reasons, however, if there are specific features you would like to see added to posting also let me know and I can look into implementing it as a native feature.
Understood. If tables are a possibility then that would be my primary recommendation. Is it possible to embed excel or google docs within a post? I recall I did something of the sort in a past website using iframe. Perhaps prone to security issues though I suppose.

Thanks!

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
To add onto the whole drafts aspect, if possible I would very much like to see a specific drafts section of the forum, where each user can have up to 3 drafts that they can work on at their leisure. There would be no timers on these drafts. Maybe sort of like a private message to yourself (I just tried that right now, and it wouldn't let me :p )

I'm not sure how many would actually make use of this feature however. I would mainly like to see it for when I am working on some of my longer threads, because the 24 hour draft limit can be a bit difficult to maintain during busy days.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
When I click on my profile and select "View your content", it redirects me to a page of all my posts / threads. I would suggest adding an option on that page to filter specifically for threads. That would be very helpful!

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I've set drafts to expire in 48 hours instead of 24.
When I click on my profile and select "View your content", it redirects me to a page of all my posts / threads. I would suggest adding an option on that page to filter specifically for threads. That would be very helpful!
If you view your profile you can go to Find > Find all threads by... and that will show you threads only.

Still looking at adding timestamps on mobile!

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Quick question Ivar, what is the maximum image size to appear as a full-sized image rather than a thumbnail?

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Quick question Ivar, what is the maximum image size to appear as a full-sized image rather than a thumbnail?
It's based on height - currently, any image that is more than 300 pixels tall will be (proportionally) scaled down to 300 pixels tall.

Devs have a larger limit - 768 pixels - to be able to post large announcement images and such things.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I'm having some problems with installing my profile picture. I wanted to put the one I used to have before back in use. When I selected the file in my profile it got into view more or less like I wanted it to:
1554584806903.png

But when I hit 'ok' the setting reset to my toon only JUST peeking over the bottom of the cirkle, like you also see on the left side:
1554584855863.png

Would it be possible to actually let it show in the way of the upper picture, as it tells me it will look, or otherwise pick yourself how it is shown? In some places it is possible to view the full picture, and then drag around a square (or in this case circle) representing the frame of the picture around on the picture so you can choose which part of it is shown. Sometimes that frame can also be resized so more or less of the picture is shown in it in a bigger/smaller size. I would like to see something like that, even if it is just the picture actually becoming what it tells me to become! Now I look ridiculous, like I couldn't find my stool to peek through the window :p

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
If the picture is not square, that might affect the final layout. You could try cropping it to be square before uploading it - or if you don't know how to do this, you can attach the picture in a reply and I'll do it for you :)