James Eakins

Citizen
Characters
NavCom
Platform
PC
I have reached level 90 and finished all of the quests. I have plenty of gold. I managed to purchase one (1) recipe book from a vendor but it would not sell me any more, saying I did not have enough gold. Is this a known glitch or am I missing something else that I need to do? I am maxed in everything!

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The recipe books in Zorian Marsh sell for stones not gold. We have to collect the various stones the bounties and mobs drop to use in crafting as well as buying the recipes.

James Eakins

Citizen
Characters
NavCom
Platform
PC
Thank-you so much for the quick response Irish. Clearly I was fixated on the the word "gold" and not paying attention to what was actually required. I am a tad red in the face but happy to know where I went wrong.
Time to collect more stones.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Awww don't be so hard on yourself. We can't be expected to remember or know everything :) We are so used to things costing us gold, it doesn't always occur to us that there is another currency.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
We are so used to things costing us gold, it doesn't always occur to us that there is another currency.
And since the error message literally tells you that you don't have enough gold, instead of stones (or whatever the currency is), it's perfectly understandable! If you talk to any of the medallion vendors and try to buy a key, but you have an insufficient amount of medallions, it gives you that exact same message, saying that you don't have enough gold. Same thing with COG coins, charter tokens, and any other form of currency.