Jawetty

Wizard
Platform
Android
I know alot of people do not like the idea of having PVP in the game but cmon people,PVP has always been apart of every great mmo. It wouldn't even need to be a big problem. We could simply have a server just for PvP or have PVP zones like runescape...just a suggestion. Hope u find my post interesting

-Xroguekiller the wizard

Platform
PC
I know alot of people do not like the idea of having PVP in the game but cmon people,PVP has always been apart of every great mmo. It wouldn't even need to be a big problem. We could simply have a server just for PvP or have PVP zones like runescape...just a suggestion. Hope u find my post interesting

-Xroguekiller the wizard
If PVP is 'always a part of every great MMO', wouldn't it be a unique concept to have a great MMO without it? Why does this MMO have to have it just because others do?
My understanding (note - I don't play other MMO's, so this is just what I hear and I'm not trying to open a can of worms) is that other MMO's have toxic communities - does that mean that we have to change our entire community so that we can be like other games? I certainly hope not.
My point is this: Just because something is in other games, does not mean that it has to be in THIS one...

And - my last point - many people play THIS great MMO simply because it IS unique in that it does not have PVP.

Kitty the Hunter

Huntress
Platform
PC
A lot of people playing VH do not like pvp and would resist it. This is a great mmo and pvp is not part of it, therefore pvp is not part of every great mmo. A dedicated server for pvp would be expensive and much work for the devs. IMO, the lure of pvp is dying. Almost every mmo has some form of it, usually very similar to each other, such as 'pvp like Runescape'.

Threads like this have been started repeatedly over the years I have been reading the forums. I would like to see a well thought out plan that took into consideration the very special game we have here and the wonderful community we have. This game is beyond compare to anything else out there.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
We could simply have a server just for PvP or have PVP zones like runescape.
I agree with you.

You may also discover that PVP already exists in this game. Raise this topic in general chat, and people will fight you.

Most of them will not make logical arguments against it, other than stating that they're here because it's not here. The US is not known for its logic anymore anyway.

Jawetty

Wizard
Platform
Android
If PVP is 'always a part of every great MMO', wouldn't it be a unique concept to have a great MMO without it? Why does this MMO have to have it just because others do?
My understanding (note - I don't play other MMO's, so this is just what I hear and I'm not trying to open a can of worms) is that other MMO's have toxic communities - does that mean that we have to change our entire community so that we can be like other games? I certainly hope not.
My point is this: Just because something is in other games, does not mean that it has to be in THIS one...

And - my last point - many people play THIS great MMO simply because it IS unique in that it does not have PVP.
That is why I suggested a SEPARATE server for pvp and if u never played other mmo's then u most likely won't understand.

Jawetty

Wizard
Platform
Android
A lot of people playing VH do not like pvp and would resist it. This is a great mmo and pvp is not part of it, therefore pvp is not part of every great mmo. A dedicated server for pvp would be expensive and much work for the devs. IMO, the lure of pvp is dying. Almost every mmo has some form of it, usually very similar to each other, such as 'pvp like Runescape'.

Threads like this have been started repeatedly over the years I have been reading the forums. I would like to see a well thought out plan that took into consideration the very special game we have here and the wonderful community we have. This game is beyond compare to anything else out there.
Tbh I would even settle for a dueling system where u could just duel a nother player 1v1 style. And yes the game dosent need a bug PVP thing like every other mmo but still... it would be nice to have a little feature like that

Kitty the Hunter

Huntress
Platform
PC
Tbh I would even settle for a dueling system where u could just duel a nother player 1v1 style. And yes the game dosent need a bug PVP thing like every other mmo but still... it would be nice to have a little feature like that
Without referencing other mmos, could you detail what this would involve? If possible be specific.

Jawetty

Wizard
Platform
Android
Forget it what I said but I have one question...would u quit the game if there was PVP in the game???

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
If they choose to put pvp in the game they will. However the devs have spoken of maybe doing something different and unique.

But for now it isn't possible because of the way our gear is set up.

Reactions: Caraldor Loxana Luther
  • Likex1

Kitty the Hunter

Huntress
Platform
PC
Forget it what I said but I have one question...would u quit the game if there was PVP in the game???
I quit Runescape,the last game I played before coming here, in a large part due it its awful pvp system. This is a different game and I can't say what would happen until it happens.

edit: How can you forget what you said, it is right here on the page? lol

Reactions: IrishElf
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I quit playing 4 other games because I got tired of constantly having to decline combat and block people who would not take no for an answer. I got tired of being hounded and harassed by people, so I left. Some may not be like that but it made gameplay miserable for me when I was trying to learn the game.

Jawetty

Wizard
Platform
Android
For all of u who read my last post and who hate PVP,watch this Go to 17:10

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I don't really swing one way or the other. I just feel that the developers could create content that has both cooperative and competitive elements instead. This would appeal to both types of players.

Ex: Dungeons with leaderboards

Reactions: Leizong
  • Likex1

Tern

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Sis & Pat Tern
Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
We have five (six?) Devs (Otters) that put a lot of time in trying make the majority of us happy while balancing the game, adding new content, and trying to make a little money to keep things running and live. It has been my experience that they would need a dedicated team to balance our abilities enough to PvP. Or completely rework the system which was just done. I have no problem with having a separate zone for PvP with warnings before a player enters BUT ( excuse my big but) but whatever time the Devs put in to PvP takes away from other parts of the game. There are many tweaks that need to be done, villagers feel they need more attention, some players would love to know how to make their class more powerful in more detail than gnogment and add talents points to the right things, not to mention events zones, people that would like to enter their house, the list goes on. Working on PvP is a time sink that can be devoted to many other thing. imho

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
Coming from several pvp games I can say with great confidence that pvp would ruin this game. It is a completely different type of player. Gone would be the community and helping other players. And wow mods you think your job is hard now? Whew just add some pvp and watch it multiply exponentially! Don’t get me wrong though I actually like pvp. But NOT on this game!!

Felonius

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Felonius & Aldanon
Platform
PC
I have been a gamer for a long time, more than 35 years, and I love gaming but usually hate multi-player games because of the hostility of the players. Even in a lot of PvE games the player base is very hostile and every PvP game I have ever tried has been so. I play games to get away from the real world and all it's problems. I, like a lot of people, have anger issues because since I was a kid I learned that the only way to get people to leave you alone is to show that you won't tolerate it. I am extremely introverted as a result of this and I love this game because I can open up and be myself and relax without having to worry about someone making me angry, for the most part. I hate that part of myself, which I call Grumpy Fel in game, and most of the time he stays away while I'm in game. He does make an appearance on occasion when a troll pops up and starts causing trouble, but I am fighting that and I am getting better at it. Now back on topic, if this game goes PvP I am sure the community will go hostile and I won't be able to fight Grumpy Fel off and will have to stop playing. I don't want that to happen because this game, and it's community, is one the few bright spots in my pitiful, lonely existence and I don't want to loose that.

Reactions: Jurksch and Kookaburra
  • Likex2
Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I have been a gamer for a long time, more than 35 years, and I love gaming but usually hate multi-player games because of the hostility of the players. Even in a lot of PvE games the player base is very hostile and every PvP game I have ever tried has been so. I play games to get away from the real world and all it's problems. I, like a lot of people, have anger issues because since I was a kid I learned that the only way to get people to leave you alone is to show that you won't tolerate it. I am extremely introverted as a result of this and I love this game because I can open up and be myself and relax without having to worry about someone making me angry, for the most part. I hate that part of myself, which I call Grumpy Fel in game, and most of the time he stays away while I'm in game. He does make an appearance on occasion when a troll pops up and starts causing trouble, but I am fighting that and I am getting better at it. Now back on topic, if this game goes PvP I am sure the community will go hostile and I won't be able to fight Grumpy Fel off and will have to stop playing. I don't want that to happen because this game, and it's community, is one the few bright spots in my pitiful, lonely existence and I don't want to loose that.
I agree that most PVP games can be hostile but some like City of Heroes are not hostile but they have 3 decated Zones (last time I played) and 1 Arena where players can go 1 on 1 or team on team fights, but the PVP was not nessery to the Story lines of the game and some player kept their PVP characters in the zones and did not mess with regular players. I know now that they have 1 of the 5 servers setup as the primary PVP server so most of the PVPer go there to game.
I would not mind seeing a PVP arena or some form of compentision added to the game, but never manditory or required to leveling up a character, but only for a small reward but no XP (1 to 10 gold per character Winner takes all or for a potion of full heal and/or full mana, 1 free rez, or some other prize), that way players cam let off some steam or just challange friends for fun. I would also add a setting to prompt/auto reject PVP request, accept request from friends list, accept all, or disable PVP. that way no spamming for unwanted PVP fights could happen.
This is My Oppinion feel free to agree or to0 disagree.

Reactions: Jawetty and Arjuna
  • Likex2