Characters
Major Arcana
Platform
Android
Last edited
Hey MOG (nice acronym, surprised nobody uses it), I was just wondering if somebody could tell me what the raven service is (foreground process, that inatalls with V&H). I seriously doubt you guys are installing a trojan, or spyware, on my phone; however, mine needs every cpu cycle I can free up, so I was wondering if this could be turned off? I assume it's for an as-of-yet, not-fully-implemented notification system. Anyway, I wouldn't mind if it went to background, cached; however, persistent, foreground processes have always been a no-no for me, since the days of Win 3.1.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hey MOG (nice acronym, surprised nobody uses it), I was just wondering if somebody could tell me what the raven service is (foreground process, that inatalls with V&H). I seriously doubt you guys are installing a trojan, or spyware, on my phone; however, mine needs every cpu cycle I can free up, so I was wondering if this could be turned off? I assume it's for an as-of-yet, not-fully-implemented notification system. Anyway, I wouldn't mind if it went to background, cached; however, persistent, foreground processes have always been a no-no for me, since the days of Win 3.1.
Hello,

This process is indeed used by our notification and metrics software. It is supposed to be a background service - perhaps there is an issue with your local Android install. In either case you can turn it off manually and the game should work as usual!

Characters
Major Arcana
Platform
Android
Metrics... Ok, that probably explains it. I'm running the game on a phone, without a SIM card (basically my Android Gameboy), so, perhaps, the issue lies therein. Anyhow, I've factory reset the device, this time disabling OMA provisioning, and carrier DM. I'll install again, and see if the process finalizes, and goes bg, as you said. Thanks Ivar.