zugu

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Dandis, Hazmocar
Platform
Steam
Hi,

This is straight from the official wiki:
All characters who perform a rebirth will gain a special emblem that is displayed on the player cameo and title text. This emblem will show others how many times you’ve been reborn.
Where exactly is this visible? Does anyone have a screenshot? I'm asking because I've been looking at lots and lots of characters and I've never seen anything special when clicking on them. I doubt none of them was reborn at least once.

Thanks.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
While on rebirth there is a shield beside their playername in the gameworld (not chat), there is a rebirthicon below their bar of you select them (some sort of green spiral) and around their picture (when selected) there is another ring. The version and combinations of the ring depends on their rebirths.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti, Knytro
Platform
Android
For players that have rebirthed, there is a shield icon next to their name. I have no trouble seeing it.

Entelligente Ente

Adventurer
Platform
PC
Hi,

This is straight from the official wiki:

Where exactly is this visible? Does anyone have a screenshot? I'm asking because I've been looking at lots and lots of characters and I've never seen anything special when clicking on them. I doubt none of them was reborn at least once.

Thanks.
Actually it only shows whether you were reborn at least once or not at all, but currently there is no way to distinguish multiple reborns from a single one. I already reported that bug here.

The icon in the red box shows that "Cherryl" was reborn.
reborn.png

Reactions: High Inquisitor
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
The shield is for ardent society, isn't it? (Maybe I'm wrong, though.)

You can see rebirth in the character portrait, it will have different amounts of fanciness depending on how many rebirths:
Sprig has done 4 rebirths:
SprigHead.png

Sprigga has done no rebirths:
SpriggaHead.png

You can see how sprig's portrait has the bronze-ier oval around it. I think other players can see that oval when they click on you. (Maybe not the shields part, though)

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
The shield is for ardent society, isn't it? (Maybe I'm wrong, though.)

You can see rebirth in the character portrait, it will have different amounts of fanciness depending on how many rebirths:
Sprig has done 4 rebirths:
View attachment 2148

Sprigga has done no rebirths:
View attachment 2149

You can see how sprig's portrait has the bronze-ier oval around it. I think other players can see that oval when they click on you. (Maybe not the shields part, though)
No, the shield does not have anything to do with ardent Society. It is to tell if someone has ever rebirthed or not. I have a toon who has never rebirthed but has Ardent Society and she does not have the shield.

Entelligente Ente

Adventurer
Platform
PC
I also thought the shield was for Ardent Society members for a long time, until I recognized it as the icon for Level 30 rebirth.

zugu

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Dandis, Hazmocar
Platform
Steam
Maybe something could be done in the future to make the number of rebirths more clear and easy to understand. This thread itself proves that it's not that clear at the moment. Thanks.

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
yes, the shield show that the player have re-birthed

but i don't really understand how to determine the number of rebirth by seeing the circle decoration of other player now, in the past the portrait decoration is much clearer so I can tell how many rebirth and what level of rebirth other player have done. It would be even better if we can determine the number of rebirth just by seeing the shield icon

BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
Like many others in game I was always told that the shield icon by a toons name meant ardent society even a few mods have said it means that in world chat when some would ask, but that's not the right answer the shield icon means the player rebirth before but there's no way of telling how many times because every1 who rebirth has same color of shield besides there name, I rebirth 5 times and don't find it to be a big deal out the shield by the toon name doesn't indicate how many times some rebirth after all to many think it's an ardent society thing which maybe there needs to be a different symbol used to tell those apart.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
If you are reborn at least once, then they give a shield badge. No matter how many times you are reborn, other players still see the same shield badge. The shield symbol never changes, regardless of whether you revive 1 time or 5. This is all .

zugu

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Dandis, Hazmocar
Platform
Steam
If you are reborn at least once, then they give a shield badge. No matter how many times you are reborn, other players still see the same shield badge. The shield symbol never changes, regardless of whether you revive 1 time or 5. This is all .
This really sucks. One of the benefits of rebirth should be bragging rights.

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Last edited
the cameo changes though:
00 REBIRTH.PNG 33 REBIRTH.PNG 55 REBIRTH.PNG

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
But. But who really cares how many times the others might have performed a rebirth ? Besides inflating the ego ?
And on the talent sheet (tape "t" on pc), the description is given on the right side.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
If you're trying to help a very confused, long-time player who can't remember which rebirths they did on one of their multiple toons or a confused newer player, being able to see and interpret the cameo on behalf of another player can be incredibly helpful!

Reactions: zugu and Panthera
  • Likex2

Nyxxe

Priestess
Platform
PC, Steam
If you're trying to help a very confused, long-time player who can't remember which rebirths they did on one of their multiple toons or a confused newer player, being able to see and interpret the cameo on behalf of another player can be incredibly helpful!
I'm already seeing the chat :
"what means the cameo?"
"why yours is blue and his one green?"
"can i buy a rebirth?"
"the blue is for which rebirth?"
"what is rebirth?"
"am i obliged to do it?"
"do i have a different cameo if i do the second rebirth but not the first?"
"why did they not used the same system as *name of another game*"
"it sucks (people always thinking that everything sucks but their partner not often enough)"
"what?! I need to redo ALL the quests? (It sucks)"
"i don't want to do a rebirth but i want a cameo! Free cameo for everyone, you filthy racist!"
"what is the cameo for pvp?"
"no pvp? it sucks"
And so on...

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
granted the cameo tells how many rebirths you have done but not which ones

zugu

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Dandis, Hazmocar
Platform
Steam
The simple fact that there are so many questions in this thread is proof that the system could be better, could be streamlined in some way.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
or you just tell them to look at their left top corner picture and the crests at the lower right half show exactly which rebirths you did... coloured is done, black is not done.
Besides, it really doesnt matter. The system will always pick the highest possible rebirth available to do that one. Fun thing to know whether you were left at the 30 one or 60 one, but if both are available and you are 70 it will always pick 60. if only 30 is available it will pick 30 so you have 0 influence anyway. If the ghost tells you there are no rebirths to be performed, you just level to the next tier and try again. 100% foolproof (maybe 99% at least?)

Reactions: Nyxxe
  • Likex1