7148 sec
6245 sec
6249 sec
5244 sec
6248 sec
5254 sec
5250 sec
5253 sec

So it seems at 8 players Benedicta spawns 2 clones at a time, while under it only spawned 1 every time. Pretty sure higher player number will spawn even more clones at the same time. Majority of the time Benedicta was below 10% hp when we got 2nd clone so it did not make much of a difference by then

Reactions: Ru Ru and Roak
  • Likex2

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
We tried your strategy of focusing on the boss and ignoring the clones and got surprisingly close to defeating her. The second time however the clones spawned way too fast again. 2 at a time. The first set 35 seconds into the fight, when she was at 60% health, and the next set at around 45 seconds into the fight. She spawned more after that but I lost track. The first time we had 8 people and the second time we had 9.

If the strategy is to ignore the clones it feels a bit weird to be honest... even though it seems like it is working better. It's like Maggwood and the mushrooms. Maybe these bosses need to go back to the drawing board

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
If the strategy is to ignore the clones it feels a bit weird to be honest...
I also came to the conclusion that simply nuking the boss is the best thing to do,but yeah,it feels weird.

So it seems at 8 players Benedicta spawns 2 clones at a time
Well that explains a lot.

Edit:Just did a 6-man team run of the Dungeon.The final boss was hard,but doable.We sure didnt get paralysed in masses like I did in my 12 people run.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
Last edited
So it seems the optimal number of players for dg is 6, to defeat the boss, which makes it hard to get into a party with a good chance of completing the dg as the same groups always run daily and extras would compromise their chance of a good run. If dg was meant to bring players together I think it wants a bit more thought, as it seems to be a case of "them and us " at the moment. Would like to see possibility of bigger groups, I appreciate it would be scaled to numbers but without being almost impossible to beat Benedicta as it is at present.

Ru Ru

Huntress
Characters
Ru Ru
Platform
Android, PC
Gotta share few of our group's several experience with Lady B.

Our group usually runs around 7-10am EST when most players are asleep. We usually run it with 5-8 members. We always have smooth runs (finishing runs within 12-15min), and run it about 2-3 times in between prisma time.

Today tho, saturday 9-10pm EST (a lot of players are on), we ran it 3 times, 6 members on first two runs, and 7 on the last..... And we always get wiped out on Lady B. Almost same members(5 out of 7) and we reach her chamber almost the same duration as when we do it morning EST.

The difference...

During our 7-10am EST runs, she usually spawns 1 clone at a time when we have 5-7 members. Most we've seen was 2 at a time at the start of the run when we had 8 members.

Today, 9-10pm EST, she spawns 1 at the start, and she quickly calls another 2-3 clones at a time which makes killing the clones so slow and eventually makes everyone incapacitated. Also the purple aoe 1-hit several members during this time even tho we do the same thing (spreading out, keeping safe distance all throughout the fight) as when we run in the morning.

We don't know if it's the time or if it's the lag... But we know that the gap in difficulty is too big between am and pm runs.

So I gotta ask everyone here, what time do you run the red dungeon?

PS. I have videos of the two types of runs btw, if ever the devs would like to see.

Reactions: Arjuna
  • Wowx1

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
That is interesting to hear. I haven't run it on US3 for about a week or so now, but when I do it's normally in the evenings.

On a side note, I was talking to someone about the clones, and thing that if it is going to be a random selection, that the player who is going to be cloned should be highlighted very clearly ahead of time. That would allow teams to prepare

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
So we've had a few successful Benedicta fights until recently, and I think we may have found a bug.

Yesterday we fought her with a team of 9. Due to the group size she spawned 2 clones at a time. We almost won, but lost when she was at 1%.

This morning we fought her with a team of 6 and she still spawned 2 clones at a time rather than 1.

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Did Red Cloister with a party of ?12? after patch.

It was pretty smooth, got at least one mushroom at maggwood, so still heavy mana usage, but better than before patch.

Benedicta was tough. The clones change was great, though! Clones didn't evaporate, but it was worth killing them. We got 2 clones at a time. Killed the first two. Benedicta was at 10% for the second two, so we didn't kill them.

The explosion stuff was what got us. I think folks tried to spread out, but maybe with so many people, it wasn't spread out enough. I think there were 5 deaths there. Had good healers, just was a lot of damage from the bombs.

I'd say that this is good. At least half of the people were first timers in this dungeon and we got gold with 3 minutes left (did have Zing).

Reactions: Giruv
  • Likex1

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Did Red Cloister Last night, 4 players and dps was good, healer was good also with no issues until final boss. 3 clones spawned in less than 30 seconds. and 4 total because we killed the first one pretty quick but.. No chance at all. We are not doing any more until we see some confirmed changes. Right now it's like a roll of the dice.

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited by a moderator
So,I,ve just given a try to the Red Cloister dungeon....again.

First,it does seems that the clones are easier to kill,so I guess that's an improvement.

Other than that,some weird things happened:the boss was under 10% hp when I got cloned,so I told my team to focus on it.Then,I died,used a rez and got instantly one-shotted.

What was that all about? Idk.All my team was spread out so it couldnt have been that nasty aoe thing and even then,I have like close to 300K hp,what does that much damage?

Well,anyway,I used another res and then ,the boss who now was at 2% hp,FULLY REGENED IS HP. Went back to 100% in a blink,.

I always watch my language but there are times when one really have to ask....what the (mod edit) is going on here?

Reactions: Greer and IrishElf
  • Wowx1
  • Likex1

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
Did something change? Or was I just lucky on my August 29 run?

I wonder if the clone's HP is related to the player's HP...

It seems harder now than it was then. Maybe we just had a good party that day.

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Just wanna add a few things...

The clones are hard to see.For me,at least.They're purple on a very purple background,it's like camouflage.I'd move my mouse pointer around to find them,but they have the same name than my team mates,si I can only really see them when they talk (speech bubble ftw).

When they die,it says on my screen that one of my team mate died.This makes things even more confusing (admitely,I am easily confused).

Am I the only one who find those little details problematic? : /

SprigOfHalcyon

Master Farmer
Platform
Android, PC
We succeeded at the Red Cloister today with a party that started at 7, but finished at 6. 3 party members were first-timers, 2 had done it twice, and 2 had done many times. One person got cloned fairly early (not sure if it's random or was the "second aggro" person), we did kill the clone, but I will say that most people took what seemed like forever to target the clone. Then, when she was getting pretty low, it was a fairly quick succession of 1 clone then 1 more clone. Not sure if I made the right call (I told folks to work on killing the clones), but she died before we finished killing the clones (from AoE and DoTs).

It was a pretty good team damage-wise, but only 3 of the players were 90's (although I was an 86, which is a pretty good level to do the dungeons at -> armor and weapon).

Greenwich

Wizard
Platform
PC
Last attempt we did fine, clones came pretty quick but we were able to kill them while a few focused on boss. 3 clones I think. I think how they have it now is pretty reasonable and may even be too easy for well geared groups. Maybe they toned down clone hp making it possible to take them out quicker. Yet they do come quick which is prob a good tactic to make it the fight still busy for good groups.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Still haven't been able to do it with a big party myself.
Ran it twice with a crew over 8 today. First one had 12 people and the second had 10. We managed to get gold both times. Benedicta spawned 2 clones at a time but it was manageable. Much more fun than before. Still challenging, but now it is not overly punishing

Reactions: Allison Wonderland
  • Likex1

Sinjin

Jack Of All Trades
Platform
iOS
Ran it twice with a crew over 8 today. First one had 12 people and the second had 10. We managed to get gold both times. Benedicta spawned 2 clones at a time but it was manageable. Much more fun than before. Still challenging, but now it is not overly punishing
Agreed. Yesterday was my most enjoyable HRC run ever. We didn’t even make the priest cry even once! That said, on at least the run I was in, Maggwood didn’t spawn ‘shrooms... so it still needs a tweak.

Roak

Squirrel
Platform
PC
Last edited
That said, on at least the run I was in, Maggwood didn’t spawn ‘shrooms...
Similar to my above complain about the clones being hard to see,I only saw my first shroom when someone pointed it out for me.Those look exactly like the other shrooms in the zone who are just decoration,thus making them hard to spot.

Maybe the devs could color them orange to make them easier to see?

Does anyone knows why Benedicta sometimes fully regen her hp?I've been told she does so when not getting attacked by someone (which would explain why she fully regened both times I had my team focus on clones).