Platform
PC
Tuesday evening at about 10:30 PM EDT a number of us were having trouble staying connected to US1. I ran a tracert and go the following :
1553654135944.png
Another person ran a Ping and got a Host not Found message. After a minute or 2 this went away and we were able to get back in. Obviously something is happening with the internet somewhere (the games DNS server??) that was loosing the mapping to the game server.

Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

We've seen an increased amount of reports regarding lag and multiple disconnects on the servers from you all, especially within the past week which is especially concerning to us. We really need some detailed feedback about these issues, and are hoping you all can help us!

Specifically: do the disconnects and lag seem WORSE since March 1 when the servers came back up since the breach, or do the issues seem about the same as before?

Please also if you can provide us with examples of the lag and dc's. What were you doing at the time, how long did it take, what zones were you running, how long in total did the issues seem to last, how many times did you dc, etc.

THANK YOU! :)

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
US3 - last night.
Armory and Staging Chambers. Constant 5-6 second delay in attacks. Feats frequently timing out. Could still run normally. Creation Caves was much better, the delay was shorter, and sporadic rather than constant.
Today
Harvesting and watering the gardens had sporadic delays, up to 5 seconds.

Overall, the lag has been much worse since restart. Hope this helps you.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
It has been worse for me, I hardly had any lag on pc before March, the last two evenings I had to stop combat on an alt in shadow fated Terratrias because of the green feats, which went on for 15 minutes before I gave up. I didn't dc but the lag was almost continual . It was ok back in the village when gathering. For me it was the combat. I did notice ping and fps were reasonable but the pys pyc was red, sry dont know what that is! I checked ISP and speed on pc all was fine. Also some portals and zoning back to ardent/village take much longer to clear, not sure if thats relevant.
I did however experience a couple of dc's playing on Android tablet, just gathering in Stone Gardens. However an hour and a half ago I ran Zorian on pc with no problems.

Raelin

Lumineer
Characters
Raelin, Shandri Blaze, Kayle F
Platform
Android
Zoning anywhere has taken especially long for me since the servers came back up. I have experienced lag and delays gardening and gathering. At our crafting party in Marigold Harbor on Saturday I dc'd 5 times in 10 minutes. :( Overall, everything seems slower and more laggy since March 1 when the servers came back up.

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
I sent in a couple bugs on it with those details (one time it was just standing talking in chat) yesterday there were a couple times that it happened and I was in turnapin standing near the telepad chatting

Zar

Great Adventurer
Characters
Zarola, North
Platform
Android, PC
The lag seems normal to me, same says worse and some days better. One thing that i have noticed since the servers have come back up from the breach is when I launch the game from my desktop it takes about 11 seconds to for it to load before I can click the play button.

Platform
PC
Last edited
In the past week, it seems much worse than pre attack.

Last night, a group met for 80 elders. As we got to the first elder (did not start fight), my system messages went crazy with about 12 people (from all different zones) dc messages. Once we got regrouped, started the battle(s) and there were many green feats. One person dc'd like 4-5 times - 2 or 3 during the Wizard battle, I believe. During this time, many were complaining of lag in world chat.

The night before that, a group had formed to do 85 elders (I was not with them) and while that group was fighting the 85s, it seemed like lag in my zone (I believe I was in The Rye - not positive) was awful. Many green feats and just staring a bounty down....then all of a sudden, the fight would 'catch up'.

Characters
Instant Karma, Boot II
Platform
Steam
Specifically: do the disconnects and lag seem WORSE since March 1 when the servers came back up since the breach, or do the issues seem about the same as before?
US1 - Steam

Overall, Worse.
Loading the game takes longer.
Zoning anywhere usually takes longer. (sometimes, rarely, is ok)

Yesterday - Isle Vega and Isle Rega -
I experienced intermittent delays in combat with feats often freezing for 5 to 10 seconds. (gave up after those 2 zones)
Today - SapphireDragon Village - I experienced sporadic lag and delays while gardening (harvesting, planting and watering)

Both days -
ping is all over the place - from 110-170
pyS and pyC constantly white with pyS occasionally flashing red
msg is white, and pend usually green with occasionally white flashes

Hope this is of some help.
Thank you

Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Worse. A group of us were doing 75s yesterday. Fortunately, we got Lord P without losing anyone but it took about 15 to 20 minute wait to start as people kept dc ing and we had to wait for them to come back on to re-party. One toon dc 3 times prior to starting. I had a 38 second lag in chat at one point. (I counted)

Platform
PC
Between 2-2.30am UK time, I experienced a lot of lag and 2 DC whilst doing bounties in Pyrron zones, I believe it was apothecary, possibly undercroft I was in. I do not usually suffer with lag/ DC a great deal so this was unusual for me
Edit: date was 27th March (last night/morning UK time)

Platform
PC
I have never seen lag so bad in all the years I have been playing, both in consistency and intensity. It is not bad in the morning and early afternoon but gets progressively worse later until I can not play. For me, it started about a week ago, but before then I heard reports of bad lag from other players.

I am on us3, EST time

Katie4567

Arch Wizard
Platform
iOS, PC
The lag is better today. There is a glitch with crafting canceled. It lasted a long time every time I would try to craft it would happen. When sending bugs the sending mail is taking forever to send. I dced once when I was doing a dungeon run and many others dced yesterday. There is also a glitch when running in place, when you are off wifi or not near an internet connection.

Characters
Enz0, JoanaaBr
Platform
Android, PC
The game came back almost 1 month and until today they did not fix the crash bug in the character Exchange. Please

Platform
PC
I find less lag now,
when i do get lag most of the time i thinking its my connection.
Only time i realy lag out is when we all get dcd at once and that happened in the first 2 weeks of servers coming back online and has stopped since.

Roselda

Great Adventurer
Characters
Roselda, Rozelda
Platform
PC
My connection was fine until last night around 6pm PST. At that point I was crafting in the village and experienced multiple dc's, each one only about 10 minutes apart. I gave up and logged off after the 4th time.

Imp

Reader
Characters
Impresario
Platform
iOS, PC
I don't have a specific example to share for a specific time. I hadn't thought to record those details.

But I am confident that the issues are worse now than they were before. We all knew what event zone lag was. It was fairly predictable and obvious. This seems to be effecting everything, and yet strangely doesn't always effect everyone evenly.

One example of the lag that I've been experiencing is trades kill lag. If it says it's going to make 38 of something over 60 seconds, at the end of the 60 seconds I've very often been only creating 34 or 33 or 32. It's not creating the full number during the 60 seconds. My bags have plenty of slots. I didn't run out of materials. It just seems to forget that I was crafting for a few seconds so it doesn't consume the materials and doesn't give me the item.

Characters
Wendy & Song Merrydance
Platform
PC
Worse. A group of us were doing 75s yesterday. Fortunately, we got Lord P without losing anyone but it took about 15 to 20 minute wait to start as people kept dc ing and we had to wait for them to come back on to re-party. One toon dc 3 times prior to starting. I had a 38 second lag in chat at one point. (I counted)
It was early evening central time. Maybe 7 or 8 pm.

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
The lag has definitely been worse then pre attack. Evening of the 25 eastern time was worst I have ever seen.Was running an alt through dark traven and pyrron zones

Rohana

Adventurer
Characters
Rohana - Romilly
Platform
PC, Steam
On March 25, at 10:28 pm (EST)
I suffered several disconects, I had difficulty getting back to the game.
When I suffered the DC, I was teleporting from the village to Ardent.
The error messages reported that he had lost contact with the server, but then returned to the character selection screen.
I closed the game, and tried again, with the same problem, but this time I could not find the server.
I restart my PC.
So, I tried again. I could not find the server for 2~3 more times.
When I finally managed to log in, the load screens were very slow - both when trying to select character, and when changing maps by teleport.
In that same period, my husband who played on the phone (Android), suffered dc and then could not get into the game.
For the next few hours there was a lot of lag, green feats and red squares at the top of the screen (At that moment we were gathering and running the Fated maps on Traven- I can not remember the time nor the order in which we did it).
On the 26th, I saw several messages from players who had the same problems.

Yesterday I had no problems with the game.
I hope this information is useful to you.
Thank you!