Zing

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android
Hi I have over 20 years experience in gaming and Moderating as well as Developing.
I would like to offer some suggestions for improvements as noticed by being a player so far.
Firstly I enjoy the game for its peaceful playing and fantastic community.
1. How about auto loot ONLY FOR THE SILVER Dropped? Less tapping=Good. I don't think we need Decide if we want money or not :)
2. Display the teleport npc's on main map after being discovered. (Not just when nearby but on the map permanently)
3. Once purchasing a socket on an item we should be able to add or remove runes or upgrade more powerful versions of runes without being charged to buy that socket again. (After all we paid to buy a 3rd socket so why must we pay to use that socket every time we swap the rune again?
4. Just like with clockwork harvesters, Add option to use other buffs when gathering automatically.
5. Here's an out there idea... Being able to fly after a rebirth you grow wings that increase flight speed at each rebirth or make dragons flying mounts. (Also purchasable in cash shop without rebirth)
6. Spiders can scale up walls and cliffs?
7. Rebirth for the casual player. can buy all extra talent points without rebirthing.
Reason is many people lost due to hating rebirth games, Starting over 5x Can be off putting. Yes its not compulsory but it is if you want to be stronger.
More revenue to support the game and more players is a good thing.
8. More Heroic dungeons instead of running the same one every day.
9. Achievement system for bounties, when you have completed the set of each area you get achievement once all bounties have been defeated in the entire game you get a Special Mount or Gnog outfit unique.
10. Class shown on players Name above head.
More suggestions later.

Reactions: Rohana and Visch
  • Likex2

GoGoGadget

BRA Member
Platform
Android, PC
1. yes
2. yes
3. No (Devs need theyre cash)
4.No (You play actively so why the buffs should be automatic?)
5. No ( Flying would be quite game breaking on many parts.)
6.No (same reason as above)
7.No (Why would anyone do rebirths anymore if they can be bought from itemshop?)
8.Yes
9.Yes (We had achievements but they were removed)
10. Yes/No (Not sure why this would be needed but doesnt hurt either I guess)

Giruv

Merchant
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
same opinion as GoGoGadget, i would agree with no.4 if that means we can activate buff while latch gathering is active, right now we have to stop and then use the buff

Platform
PC
Hi I have over 20 years experience in gaming and Moderating as well as Developing.
I would like to offer some suggestions for improvements as noticed by being a player so far.
Firstly I enjoy the game for its peaceful playing and fantastic community.
1. How about auto loot ONLY FOR THE SILVER Dropped? Less tapping=Good. I don't think we need Decide if we want money or not :)
2. Display the teleport npc's on main map after being discovered. (Not just when nearby but on the map permanently)
3. Once purchasing a socket on an item we should be able to add or remove runes or upgrade more powerful versions of runes without being charged to buy that socket again. (After all we paid to buy a 3rd socket so why must we pay to use that socket every time we swap the rune again?
4. Just like with clockwork harvesters, Add option to use other buffs when gathering automatically.
5. Here's an out there idea... Being able to fly after a rebirth you grow wings that increase flight speed at each rebirth or make dragons flying mounts. (Also purchasable in cash shop without rebirth)
6. Spiders can scale up walls and cliffs?
7. Rebirth for the casual player. can buy all extra talent points without rebirthing.
Reason is many people lost due to hating rebirth games, Starting over 5x Can be off putting. Yes its not compulsory but it is if you want to be stronger.
More revenue to support the game and more players is a good thing.
8. More Heroic dungeons instead of running the same one every day.
9. Achievement system for bounties, when you have completed the set of each area you get achievement once all bounties have been defeated in the entire game you get a Special Mount or Gnog outfit unique.
10. Class shown on players Name above head.
More suggestions later.
1 - I'm indifferent to this proposal :)
2 - YES
3 - This has been an issue for dispute for years. Not getting into it :D
4 - I have no opinion.
5 - Devs have said during livestreams that flying, while it would be cool, just isn't feasible at this time. <doesn't mean it won't happen at a later date - they also said a new class wasn't feasible!>
6 - we used to be able to scale cliffs/walls - but it often broke the game. Devs have reasons for putting in barriers.
7 - I don't agree with this option. I feel that it would cross that line into P2W.
8 - More dungeons are coming, so this suggestion is kind of a moot point.
9 - We used to have this exact system. However, there were many bugs, so the achievement system was revamped. I would love to see the bounty achievements reinstated - IF they can work the bugs out :)
10 - Not sure about this one. Might clutter the screen too much. And it's easy to ask (though not so easy to remember!).

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
3: this is not a viable option. If you could swap out the runes indefinitely you could just constantly upgrade the gear without ever paying a socket again, not a good idea.
5 and 6 cant be done. They try and keep the game free to play. Meaning that ALL item shop items are convenient, they do not give access to anything that cannot be found in the game itself. If you give dragons the ability to fly, no matter the size of the wings, and spiders crawl up steep edges, the paying customer would get an advantage over free playing players that cannot be evened out by spending more time in game.
8 they stated they are working on. with the new expansion a new dungeon will be released (95 elders) and they've always said they would use the current one as a trial-and-error, what works and what doesnt, and then release more dungeons.
9. hardly optional. Small rewards could be given, but not in the line of gnogpacks or mounts. We have, how many again, 123 zones in the game? that is 123 unique outfits and mounts. I also think a mount or outfit for a 15 minute killingspree is way overpaid. Maybe a small item like they are now given in the first 2 weeks of the monthly calendar?
10 I think would clutter the screen unneccessarily, especially as you usually learn peoples class when you learn to know THEM, and it is already shown in the /charts function, or when hoovering over their char portrait. I dont see the added bonus of seeing it with their name. If things were added to players overhead name I'd favour other things instead, like mana bar (healers can heal you when only necessary, but the mana spells are near always thrown in blind)

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
01: Dev Question. Any auto loot options would have to be configured in such manner as to function for both solo and group play, but I'm open to seeing something like that implemented.

02: YES! I have posted this same suggestion. Teleport NPC's should need to be "discovered" as part of gameplay but should remain on the players' map from that point forward.

03: No. We get sockets from quests, achievements, events, and every month we get more from the daily calendar, so not all sockets are paid for. There are more than enough if used conservatively. For players that want to constantly socket everything, they are free to do so and the Otters would appreciate the revenue.

04: No. There is a difference between buffs that are per use and those that are timed. Most all per use buffs are automatic because they stay active until they are exhausted. In a sense, the other buffs are automatic as well. They remain active until the time is exhausted. They both function the same. Whether you select a clockwork or a pie, they do the same thing. They function, when selected, and then expire. The difference is in what causes them to expire. I do not want the system to auto-select my buffs for me.

05 & 06: No. I like the idea, and so do others, but I can think of several arguments against it. First, the devs have already stated that it is not feasible "at this time," which is not the same as a firm no, but not very promising. Second, it would be a game breaking mechanic in terms of boundaries and certain playable content. Each of those instances would have to be found and corrected which would probably consume more dev time than creating the ability. Third, it is contrary to one of the firm standards of the cash shop that all crowns items are in the form of a convenience, cosmetic, or buff. If players could buy an ability that can not be had without a purchase, it would generate a perception that V&H is a P2P or P2W game. Fourth, it would render current cash shop mounts obsolete. Who wants a fancy horse that can't fly, climb, or swim?

07: NO! The very heart of a good MMO is achievement. I can think of a few that actually allow you to buy a character at max level, which makes me wonder what the point of playing it is. I am very much against purchasing content done. If people want to purchase character progression, perhaps they should invest in a game console that features a wealth of games in which there is no character progression. If you remove the earning of achievement and progression, you no longer have an MMO game.

08: Yes. But bear in mind that dungeons are a new feature in V&H that did not exist prior to the last expansion. The one and only dungeon currently in the game is still considered experimental. The devs have already stated that more are on the way and may well differ from the current dungeon in some respects. We will get more of them. It's just a matter of when.

09: Dev Question. We actually had bounty achievements at one time but the devs removed them for reasons I do not recall. You would have to ask them whether the removal was a permanent or temporary action, and why they were removed in the first place. For the record, I would like to see this feature restored.

10: Don't Care. I can click on a player to get their base info and would prefer to keep it that way. Including class, level, or any other information with the name tag just adds more clutter to obscure the view and add a bigger processing load on my overworked pc. I would not object if the devs decided to do it, but I would just as soon see them put that effort to other purposes.

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
1 yes for solo runs, or increase the amount bounties give and eliminate the silver drops
2 yes, good idea. I forget where they are
3 sockets. I have a alternate suggestion, why not have sockets with 2 tiers. one is just like we have now, the other much more expensive but the feats are able to be upgraded. I am not sure if anyone would buy them. If there is an interest please reply.
4 gathering buffs. I'd love to be able to eat multiple triads and herbs so the all end whenever I plan to stop gathering, but not automatically
5 devs said no to flying with very clear and understandable reasons. Mainly it has to do with needing to rework the maps.
6 spider climbing - not sure.
7 buying rebirth. If you don't want to play, don't, but don't ruin the game for those of us who do.
8 Another dungeon is on the way!
9 although I love achievements, I will have to say no because the devs have already removed many of the achievements we had previously because they were buggy, and mounts and gnogpacks (now called wardrobe packs) are a decent source of income for the game. Really, how hard is it to do something we would do anyway?
10 - showing the class would obstruct the view, as previously stated.

Thank you for taking the time to write this list. Although I have seen these suggestions before, that can be said for nearly, if not all suggestions I have seen on the forums. Hazard of being a long time player. Best wishes

Zing

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android
Firstly
Thanks everyone for your opinions.
I didn't really post this to create a debate over what are only suggestions for the devs to consider.
I think Some of you didn't fully understand or comprehend some of the details of the suggestions correctly or perhaps I should of explained it better.
Where some of you just answer, Yes or no off the top of your heads Please take the time to Give it some real thought and consideration to the reason behind why they would be beneficial regardless of the pessimistic obstacles you may forsee.
It's easy to say "No devs need their money" and dismiss a Valid and honestly game improving idea for the majority by not considering there are better alternatives to making money than this current system where you are constantly being charged for a socket that you already purchased just to add a slight upgrade to.
It is not balanced either. you use 1 socket for a rune and 1 socket again for a small upgrade of the same rune. As I mentioned I have 20 years of experience in mmorpg Well over 100 titles from the dawn of pc to console to mobile. I have a deep understanding of what makes a good mmorpg a great one and what is simply an annoyance to the players leading to negative experience and ultimately reducing the games popularity.
These ideas were all met with great enthusiasm on the in game chat btw. Which is a clear indication of player desire.
2. Flying mounts Again Its easy to say "no.. game breaker."
That isn't being very optimistic is it?
Blizzard Entertainment said for years the same thing about World of warcraft Flying mounts...
Low and behold When finally implemented Due to popular demand, It was the most successful and amazing addition EVER added to the Hugely successful mmorpg. This is why I say don't just answer immediately yes or no, give it some optimistic and desire to see the huge potential of this, Which I believe FAR outweighs the so called game breaking barrier breaches... So what A player earns the privilege through dedication or donation they can avoid a longer route to an destination... If there is some area you don't want a player going until unlocked you add a key, Wait that's already how it is.
You say its a game breaker, But in reality with some good planning and modification it could be the GREATEST. It would also attract players in droves breeding new life into this mmorpg.

3. Automatic buffs. I was referring to the way you can click the + and use the clock work harvesters in your inventory when gathering, Not automating EVERY buff.
Being able to select which type of gathering buff from this button would be VERY useful. Like Cornucopia for example which you have to click every time to re use. it's a valid idea which was met with positive enthusiasm on in game chat.
If you are not sure what It meant, you should ask me so you can then form a more educated opinion about its merits. To argue.
Asking "No you play so why should it be automatic? " Is really like saying... "You play so why should anoying repeative unessesary things that distract from the enjoyment of the gameplay be lesser to improve it"?

As Otter Girl says... "Less is More"

4. Rebirths.
One user said, Why would anyone do rebirths if you can buy the talent points.
Well again you Need give it more careful consideration.
Because NOT EVERYONE can or will Spend money on a game.
I refer also to your comment "Devs need thier money" This is a good argument to the contrary of your own opinion.
Its way to for Devs to Get money but the real motivation behind it is it will be attractive to the huge community of people who simply hate Rebirth systems in games... Meaning again, This idea is aimed at improving the Overall popularity and you have a choice.... Play for free and rebirth if that's your thing.... OR Support the devs with "Money" if you hate rebirth and purchase the talent points. Because the alternative now is.. "If you don't like rebirth be forever weaker or quit. Literally Thousands have decided Rebirth isn't a system they like and left the game to play other games this gives them one more option which may appeal to them as well as help pay for future updates. My suggestion is about the popularity, Its not about myself.
You talk like everyone can afford to pay for rebirth? I didn't even mention a price before you rejected the idea without real consideration of ALL aspects?
Im not trying to say your opinion isn't important it is and appreciate everyone's feedback, Although unessesary I prefer the devs just look at it and consider it without opinion polls on the Thread. Opinion polls should be a separate thread, Otherwise some few negative opinions oversee the majority of the community who haven't given thier opinion on this thread.

I would appreciate it if you give the ideas some more aspirations of the benefits and optimistism about how to positively implement them or not.
These few ideas are Players experience and impressions which the aim is to Please the Players, That is what its all about.

Reactions: Wu ye
  • Likex1
Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
Flying Mounts - Game mechanics and the rendering process makes it almost impossible with out redesigning the whole game as stated by Diet Otter on one of the Live Twich Streams.
Climbing Mounts - I'm in favor of if they could climb up a limited amount and not breaking the game mechanics.
Rebirths - I would like some new quest added for each level just so we could choose to do something different. I love the main story line but after doing the quest line 3 times it's boring, and just running bounties is the same.
Class Icon - Having a Class Icon simular to the rebirth one on a character would be fine only if you select the character and have an option in the setting to enable/disable it

Reactions: Priest Daimheach
  • Likex1