Characters
Greeboo
Platform
Android, PC
Hey! I'm new to the game and have been loving it so far. I'm wondering how people spend real money in the game. Is the Aredent Society membership the way to go or do you just buy crowns from time to time? Or a little bit of both? The dev team for this game seems really passionate/dedicated. I'd love to send some cash their way!

Platform
Android, PC
I think at first crowns are better (cool mounts, gnogpacks, crafting/gathering item boost, some minor enhancement items), but once you have the best stuff from the crown shop...

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
I have had ardent society for about 2 years and also buy crowns now and then. Welcome to Villagers and Heroes. ☺

Characters
Gentrice, Blue Mouse & 3 more
Platform
PC
Welcome to the game! Like many others, I also am an Ardent Society member. I especially love the free travel, the extra shared vault, and the XP bonus. I also purchase crowns to buy sockets and some animal feed and the occasional mount. My monthly budget for gaming is less than $30 USD and all of it goes to support V&H! :geek:

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
I do both, though I spent on crowns far far more (almost certain never spent as much on any game than on V&H, but the devs really do deserve it). If your budget is tight, I'd suggest Ardent Society, it's just overall a great deal that will help every and any characters you got (and it also means a stable and potentially recurring income for the devs)

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Besides AS I can really advice to invest in the bags and some vaultspaces. It saves so much stress! And a mount, to gain the higher speed. Those are mainly convenience, but make the game a much better experience imo

WarEdge

Mighty Warrior
Platform
PC
For me, the best things to buy in the crown shop is
Mount to improve all your mount speed to 215% or so
Storage
Gathering package which give u the best gathering tools. This allow u to gather faster, bonus to xp and they break less as well
Crafting package which give u the best crafting tool in the game. They are even better then level 90's tools
Gathering Hat/Crown unless u want to spend 300k of charter tokens. This hat allow u to gather 2x
Those are the top items in the game
This is extra to help u out
Enchants that increase health, mana, armor, swim speed, bridle for more mount speed
Different Looks
Sockets or buy them from players.

Ardent membership is totally worth it for all the perks. It really does help to level up but do note, try not to get burn out by leveling so fast and getting to cap then leaving the game

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
Never enough storage lol. I already have all vaults unlocked on my main toon and still feel like I need more haha

Characters
Greeboo
Platform
Android, PC
But they are not passionate and dedicated about you getting the best bang for your buck, so make sure you choose wisely.
Yeah, things do seem a little spendy in the crown shop. If things felt like they were a better value I would probably spend more money. That being said, I think people's sense of value has become a bit warped because of the free-to-play system that is so prevalent. We've gotten used to getting so much for free that we throw a fit (not saying that's what you're doing here) every time a game wants us to spend money.
I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago and have gotten hours of entertainment from it. When I think about it from a cost per hour perspective it's really quite cheap.

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
Yeah, things do seem a little spendy in the crown shop. If things felt like they were a better value I would probably spend more money. That being said, I think people's sense of value has become a bit warped because of the free-to-play system that is so prevalent. We've gotten used to getting so much for free that we throw a fit (not saying that's what you're doing here) every time a game wants us to spend money.
I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago and have gotten hours of entertainment from it. When I think about it from a cost per hour perspective it's really quite cheap.
This is how I think about it. We can do things like go to a movie and pay about $30 for two, and enjoy about 2 hours of entertainment.

With this game, you have hundreds of hours of entertainment for very little. All of the shop upgrades are totally worth it from that perspective.

Rock

Lumineer
Platform
Android, PC
As a veteran player, there is little that I "need" or dont already have a vault full of somewhere, which is also testament to the free to play nature of the game.

However, I'm an Ardent Society subscriber and I also usually buy the 2,000 crown package whenever there is a 20% or better bonus just bc I want to see the game continue.