Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited
springfling.jpg

Hi, Everyone!

While we may not be having the Sugarsweet Event Zone this year, we’re still going to try to have a little fun, which will include lots of prizes, a chance for our fabulously talented community to show off their creativity, and, of course, let’s not forget -- free gifts! Welcome to the Spring Fling!

On Sunday, April 14th, special event characters from the Sugarsweet zone will be making appearances on every single server to hand out an assortment of free goodies and gifts to all players present!

These gifts will be handed out in Ardent City at the following times on Sunday, April 14th:

EU2:
  • 16:00 CEST
  • 14:00 GMT
  • 7am PDT
  • 10am EDT

EU1:
  • 19:00 CEST
  • 17:00 GMT
  • 10am PDT
  • 1pm EDT

US1:
  • 12pm PDT
  • 3pm EDT
  • 4pm BRT
  • 21:00 CEST
  • 19:00 GMT

US2:
  • 2pm PDT
  • 5pm EDT
  • 6pm BRT
  • 23:00 CEST
  • 21:00 GMT
US3:
  • 5pm PDT
  • 8pm EDT
  • 9pm BRT
  • 02:00 CEST (Monday)
  • 00:00 GMT (Monday)

The gift giving will last for one hour. During that time, you can also expect a couple of bigger giveaways from an Otter, or maybe two, who will also be present.

ADDITIONALLY, we are going to have a week of super fun Forum/Discord contests throughout this week of Monday, April 8th through Friday, April 12th with some fantastic prizes to be won! There will be five contests in total. A new contest will be posted each day. So keep an eye out for the first one later today!

We will also temporarily be adding a Sugarsweet section to the item shop, for any interested.

Get ready for a fun week! Happy Spring Fling! :)

Date and Times for the Second Gift Giving for Players who were unable to attend the first one.
On Saturday, April 20th, there will be a MUCH SMALLER little gift giving session on all the servers in Ardent City. This is strictly for the purpose of giving gifts to players who were not able to receive them on the 14th. The times are as follows:

EU2:
  • 19:00 CEST
  • 17:00 GMT
  • 10am PDT
  • 1pm EDT
EU1
  • 16:00 CEST
  • 14:00 GMT
  • 7am PDT
  • 10am EDT
US1:
  • 2pm PDT
  • 5pm EDT
  • 6pm BRT
  • 23:00 CEST
  • 21:00 GMT
US2:
  • 5pm PDT
  • 8pm EDT
  • 9pm BRT
  • 02:00 CEST
  • 0:00 GMT
US3:
  • 12pm PDT
  • 3pm EDT
  • 4pm BRT
  • 21:00 CEST
  • 19:00 GMT

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
MysticFox
Platform
PC
I will be at work during the stated time for contest and afterwards will be on my 1st vacation in 8 years so I'll be missing out on most of the fun. Somethings never change LOL!

BBlue

Eldritch Huntress
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
well another thing I won't be able to attend maybe the later on one still in process of moving, this well be 2nd month I will miss the reward due to not being able to login daily hoping during month of may I will be able to collect calendar again, and maybe run in to a chance at the point of this date to log in if I have time.

Platform
iOS
I am salty. As a game to its better to NOT do handouts if the distribution is so narrow. 1 hour out of 168 hours in a week, really? Oh but we tried last week. Yay 2 hours out of 336. Love the game, but that's terribly unfair. Oh and the spring redeem code springtimefling26 yes you guessed expired. Please please please put more thought in this.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I am salty. As a game to its better to NOT do handouts if the distribution is so narrow. 1 hour out of 168 hours in a week, really? Oh but we tried last week. Yay 2 hours out of 336. Love the game, but that's terribly unfair. Oh and the spring redeem code springtimefling26 yes you guessed expired. Please please please put more thought in this.
The code was temporary so the big amount of people on the first giveout would not be flooding the poor eventhelpers. Android, pc and steam could use the code and the helpers could give the iOs players their stuff. We cannot keep the code running, or depend on only the code, because iOs cannot redeem those (it's an apple thing).
We did two rounds of giveaway of an hour each, so people of multiple timezones could be able to make it. Both in the weekend, when the lowest amount off people has to work.
Thr second round on eu1 was done within 15 minutes, nobody new came. We hung around a bit in case people came running in the last 15 minutes, but none came those last 45 minutes of the hour.

We did give these schedules for the giveaway thought, we did think it through. But with godknowshowmany people on all the servers, it is impossible to get a hold of all players who might or might not come online today. We cannot do such an hour every day for a week, realize it is eventvolunteers handing these out. There are not enough people in the second/third/etc round to justify asking that time of the committee. I am sorry you missed out on the goodies, but until a new way has been found to just put these goodies in everyone their bags (as substitute for the lost keycodes), we just cannot cater to every player their favourite online time. The times were put up in advance and on varying moments of the day, more we cannot do.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow
Platform
PC
I am sorry if you were not able to attend either of the "give away" events, the Otters and Event Committee really did try to organize these on multiple ocasions and on multiple times of day per server. Please do keep in mind that these events are executed by a really small team of volunteers in the event comittee on a voluntary basis. All of the Event Toons were played by an event comittee meber who dedicated their time to be there and hand out goodies for well over an hour on each occasion. I realize that this does not nearly covers the 24/7 availabilty of an actual event zone, but we did all, work, organize and try to make up a little compensation of us not having Sugarsweet event zone right now.

The redeemcodes were meant to be available for the duration of the first event, and contained the exact same items as the CandyToons were handing out.
Again, I am sorry if anyone missed out, we did try to reach a large part of the playerbase this way.

Platform
iOS
Yes seriously , it's not the volunteers fault. It's whoever set up the redemption codes to expire so fast. Please explain why the redemption code had to expire so fast? It's locked to 1 per log in. Simple solution would have been, hey we know not everybody can be online so here is a consolation. Feelings soothed. It would have been all automated. Oh and I use iOS, but I managed to Log in on a pc.

Nobody is attacking our volunteers! Instead of deflecting look at the people who put them in an awkward position.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Yes seriously , it's not the volunteers fault. It's whoever set up the redemption codes to expire so fast. Please explain why the redemption code had to expire so fast? It's locked to 1 per log in. Simple solution would have been, hey we know not everybody can be online so here is a consolation. Feelings soothed. It would have been all automated. Oh and I use iOS, but I managed to Log in on a pc.

Nobody is attacking our volunteers! Instead of deflecting look at the people who put them in an awkward position.
'Whoever set up the codes to expire this fast' is Otters. And that is because the codes were not meant to be there officially, they were a last minute resort because of an unforeseen problem. It would be unfair to iOs players who can NOT log into a pc to let the code run a week, because then everyone could easily redeem it, and the iOs players would be stuck on twice an hour chance. We do try to make chance as equal for everyone as we can. But ofcourse if so many people have a problem with the setup and can only be jealous of the people who got it while they did not, instead of be happy for them, I'll gladly have a chat with the committee lead otter that perhaps we should not give out free stuff again. How does that sound? Would simply save a lot of planning and time.

Characters
Chiarale
Platform
iOS, PC
I wasn’t able to make it. I’m glad those who did had fun. And it sounds like the Otters had fun, too. Nevertheless, this game, which is play to us, is work to them. It’s very kind of them to give up part of their weekend, instead of taking a much needed break from their job to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.