vpy

Reader
Characters
Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
Can someone tell me what this "standard level of healing"..I know it is doing a heal but how do we calculate the actual amount that is healed by "standard level of healing"

See image below

Screenshot_2.png

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I believe standard healing is the same as standard damage (ie the damage from your auto attack). It just sounds silly silly to say you heal yourself for x% damage.

Platform
PC
I believe standard healing is the same as standard damage (ie the damage from your auto attack). It just sounds silly silly to say you heal yourself for x% damage.
How sure are you about that? any source etc. Please tell me you know something i dont because I have given up trying to find an answer to the questsion how much "a standard level" is
With or without power factored in it never seem to corespond to weapon dmg or mastery.
It makes sense to base it on weapon damage but in my experients something else impact it to.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Can someone tell me what this "standard level of healing"..I know it is doing a heal but how do we calculate the actual amount that is healed by "standard level of healing"

See image below

View attachment 880
Standart lvl healing depends on your level, and probably even <moderator edit to remove name> doesn't know how to calculate it.
But fire mage and dark priest healing at 84 lvl ~~ 15k hp (this is if you have ~~ 40% shadow or fire mastery). This is of course very small, but better than without heal at all.

Platform
PC
Last edited
Standart lvl healing depends on your level, and probably even <moderator edit from original post> doesn't know how to calculate it.
But fire mage and dark priest healing at 84 lvl ~~ 15k hp (this is if you have ~~ 40% shadow or fire mastery). This is of course very small, but better than without heal at all.
That doesnt really say anything unfortunately. Level influence all stats (1 stat point is worth less the higher lvl you are).
A value at a certain point without knowing the variables is utterly useless for understanding.

And but you are probably wrong.
If you are right (as i understand it) that its based on, rather than modified by, level then the otters have really screwed up. Dmg talents are already calculated and shown including the effect from mastery. Why not do the same for standard level things?
The thing is though. based on your value:
15000 means 5300 standard level X at lvl 84 wich is higher than my lvl 88 staff by 500-1000 points
(15000/140*100/2=5357 )
is wrong
Sorry to sound angry but i find this really frustrating.
There are plenty of talents that do standard level healing/dmg and no solid info on how much it is and what, if anything affect it. Right now you are kind of forced into hoping that it will be better than something else you could have gotten. Add in the fact that the otters have the ocasional mindfart when it comes to applying math to the game and you might just randomly pick something that is objectivly useless. /rant

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Last edited by a moderator
I priest 84 lvl and healing 15k .Im have 40% shadow mastery. When I am healing, I think that my eyes do not lie to me. <edit> said that ful upgrade healing skill in talents to the dark priest and fire mage is 400% standard healing.
The mage says 400% st lvl heal
The priest must have forgotten to correct the writing.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Last edited
Standart lvl healing depends on your level, and probably even >edit> doesn't know how to calculate it.
Not all of the Otters might be able to explain it, but I can guarantee that Diet would! Diet's the Otter you go to for explanations about how feats work and all that behind-the-scenes numbers stuff functions. (If you ask nicely in a forum thread, and if he's able to spare a moment of his time to help clear up the confusion.)

Now if only I could remember where/when I read an explanation about standard healing/damage....LOL This might take awhile to hunt down, and I'm fairly certain that it was somewhere buried on the old forums, possibly on the tester forums. I can dig a bit to see if I can't find an existing explanation somewhere by Diet (cause I seem to recall having read one at some point during the past 6 months or so.) LOL

I'm not logged into the game now, so I can't give stats for my level 86 shadow priest's standard healing, but I'm quite sure that it's a set amount that gradually increases with your combat level. As I recall, it's "standard" meaning that there's a baseline which adjusts based on your combat level and subclass mastery. (Basically, it slowly increases naturally as your combat level goes up.)

Platform
PC
Last edited
I priest 84 lvl and healing 15k .Im have 40% shadow mastery. When I am healing, I think that my eyes do not lie to me. <Edit> said that ful upgrade healing skill in talents to the dark priest and fire mage is 400% standard healing.
The mage says 400% st lvl heal
The priest must have forgotten to correct the writing.
I just checked my wiz, you are right about the 400% for healing. When did they change that? I think they upped the triggerchance too.
That places standard level at about 2700 for lvl 84
(15000/140*100/4=2678)
And i appear to have been a tad to pesemistic about my staff, 5300 on a lvl 84 staff is high but for a maxed out staff it might be possible. lengendarey+enchant.

Unfortunately it still doesnt tell us what number you can expect at a give circumstance. If
Not all of the Otters might be able to explain it, but I can guarantee that Diet would! Diet's the Otter you go to for explanations about how feats work and all that behind-the-scenes numbers stuff functions. (If you ask nicely in a forum thread, and if he's able to spare a moment of his time to help clear up the confusion.)

Now if only I could remember where/when I read an explanation about standard healing/damage....LOL This might take awhile to hunt down, and I'm fairly certain that it was somewhere buried on the old forums, possibly on the tester forums. I can dig a bit to see if I can't find an existing explanation somewhere by Diet (cause I seem to recall having read one at some point during the past 6 months or so.) LOL

I'm not logged into the game now, so I can't give stats for my level 86 shadow priest's standard healing, but I'm quite sure that it's a set amount that gradually increases with your combat level. As I recall, it's "standard" meaning that there's a baseline which adjusts based on your combat level and subclass mastery. (Basically, it slowly increases naturally as your combat level goes up.)
is correct then i can only ask why? why? why? dont they just state the number like they do on dmg talents, like frost nova.
400% of an unknown number tells me just as much as 500000000% of an unknown number.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Dmg talents are already calculated and shown including the effect from mastery. Why not do the same for standard level things?
This is an excellent suggestion and would probably help clear up the periodic confusion over what standard level healing is and how it works. (It's a fairly common question that new players who choose to play a shadow priest ask. I also believe that it may help steer some players away from this subclass!)
There are plenty of talents that do standard level healing/dmg and no solid info on how much it is and what, if anything affect it.
True. Perhaps there should be a ? somewhere on the main talents page for each class which explains how standard level healing/damage works?? (Cause it's logical to think that this info would be in the game somewhere, on one detail screen or another, and yet it's not! Suggesting that screen partly because there's room there (on the priest, it's the screen that shows the collapsed three branches of the talent tree & I could see an icon towards the bottom of this screen, similar to the ? at the bottom of the Stats page, which gives info on how gathering, etc works.)

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
If you all have a reply to a previous post use the reply option, but please do not call out a member by using their name.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
There was a discrepancy between the fire wiz and shadow priest passive heals, which was pointed out and fixed. The posts about that are in the old forums (that's where the 400 % comes from.) That was to do with the multipliers though. I still believe the BASE standard healing is simply the base damage for the char.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
There was a discrepancy between the fire wiz and shadow priest passive heals, which was pointed out and fixed. The posts about that are in the old forums (that's where the 400 % comes from.) That was to do with the multipliers though. I still believe the BASE standard healing is simply the base damage for the char.
OK. That could very well be. And I think that was about the time I last read anything on the topic. (I tried pulling up the old forums to search a little bit, but they were down, so I had no luck finding any info.)

Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Indeed it is confusing when you try to figure out what your healing is. So many variables go into your boosted healing that many can't figure out if it is correct. I know it was asked before and we got replies on the old forums

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
If the only person to understand a system is the one who developed it, then the system should be modified for clarity.
I have a lot of respect for the producer and staff. I like the company, the employees, and the community of players. I love the storyline and writing in the game. For the most part, I like the game itself. What I do not like is the unnecessarily complicated combat system. Only a dev could love it because whether it's gear, buffs, or anything related to combat to include combat itself, only a dev can understand it. Worst of all is the random factor. I can understand that dropped gear is random, but crafted? Only in V&H does a craftsman have no idea what they are crafting until such time as it has been crafted... at least 30 times. I no longer make any effort to even try to understand it. I just take what falls and do the best I can. Perhaps when I get to max level I'll put some effort into crafting that uber set of max gear which will render all but group content no challenge at all. Until then, don't ask me what = what and influences what to what degree because I have better things to do, like playing and enjoying the game instead of sitting in my village all day trying to understand how best to min-max my gear so I can race to level cap. I stated in another thread that I oppose game-changing updates that require me to relearn the game itself, but a total rewrite of all things combat is a game-changing update I would gladly endure. At this point, I would prefer having to relearn the game than spend the rest of this games lifespan not understanding it.

Erwalt

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
"Standard level" thing was mentioned once by devs but that was in one of those live streams. Anyway, if I recall it right it was said that the value is set as a code base value for all those calculations of damage and healing and it increases with combat level.
With come math you can determine those numbers for each level - the value for lvl 90 is about 4.340, for lvl 88 it's about 3.775...

Tiberius

Neonga Nation
Forum Moderator
Only in V&H does a craftsman have no idea what they are crafting until such time as it has been crafted...
V&H is, of course, not the only game with random elements in crafting. You'll probably believe me without proof, but since it's the game that coined the term MMORPG and made the genre popular (yes, I know of course that there were other games before it), here's my counter-example: Ultima Online. (esp. runic crafting) :)

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
"Standard level" thing was mentioned once by devs but that was in one of those live streams. Anyway, if I recall it right it was said that the value is set as a code base value for all those calculations of damage and healing and it increases with combat level.
With come math you can determine those numbers for each level - the value for lvl 90 is about 4.340, for lvl 88 it's about 3.775...
That's where I heard/read it! A dev livestream....and it's impossible to "search" those, since there are no transcripts and it was mentioned as a "side topic." No wonder a keyword search on the forums wouldn't have brought it up in search results! LOL Good memory you've got there! :D

Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
V&H is, of course, not the only game with random elements in crafting. You'll probably believe me without proof, but since it's the game that coined the term MMORPG and made the genre popular (yes, I know of course that there were other games before it), here's my counter-example: Ultima Online. (esp. runic crafting) :)
Of course, I believe you, Tiberius, and I stand corrected.
...but I still don't like it. :p