Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
HELP! I have the list of locations from the wiki. I have found about 8 of the locations but they all display an empty loot container. I have checked them a couple of times each. I have finished the story quest in the zone. I am level 89.

What am I missing? Is random and I am lucky if I find something there? Do they have to be done in a certain order? (although I have found the first couple). Do I need to do anything else? What is going on with this achievement?

Mutsie

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus
Platform
PC
That sounds similar to what I experienced. I was able to pick up a few of them, finished the mainquest in the meantime and when I thought to pick up the remaining treasure all the containers showed as empty. This seems bugged so I reported it and I'd suggest you do the same, so it can be looked at, or devs get a little more information about the issue.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I also ran into issues with that achievement. I had also found a couple of the treasures as I was working on the main quest line, and then went back later, specifically hunting for the treasures. I had not been crossing them off the list as I went along (which I greatly regretted later!)

To make a long story short, when I went back later, it was with the aid of the Wiki and a friend who had previously earned the achievement, but who had not done so since their lvl 90 rebirth. We went through the zone together and went down the list from the Wiki, and found them in the order listed, not moving onto the next one until we had found the previous one. (I had been jumping around a bit, especially with the ones that were harder to find, or where I wasn't sure that I wasn't rediscovering a treasure!) At the time, I had thought that I was only missing about 2-3 of the treasures. As it turned out, there were FIVE of them that I had not previously discovered! o_O After that more dedicated, methodical search, I was able to complete the achievement! :D

Perhaps an improvement to the Wiki would be not only grid coordinates for the treasures, but also /loc coordinates. (There are a few cases where there is more than one treasure in a grid square, and some really are on the border between two grids.)

Mutsie

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Mutsie, Undertow, Susurrus
Platform
PC
I also ran into issues with that achievement. I had also found a couple of the treasures as I was working on the main quest line, and then went back later, specifically hunting for the treasures. I had not been crossing them off the list as I went along (which I greatly regretted later!)
Although there is always a possibility that some issues are caused by player error, I think by the way OP described theirs, and my doublecheck on all the treasure sites there is something wrong with the treasures, or as I would prefer to say, bugged. I took the opportunity to register the locations and add them in to the Gamepedia while I was checking all of the treasure nodes a third and final time. Enjoy!

Reactions: Kookaburra and Zazie
  • Likex2

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Although there is always a possibility that some issues are caused by player error, I think by the way OP described theirs, and my doublecheck on all the treasure sites there is something wrong with the treasures, or as I would prefer to say, bugged. I took the opportunity to register the locations and add them in to the Gamepedia while I was checking all of the treasure nodes a third and final time. Enjoy!
I just did them for the very first time ever, and all lootboxes were empty. I think I would actually remember if I went around a new map trying to find 15 hidden spots with moneys inside of them. But, I do not remember such a thing, so I am 100% sure this was my first check on each (it's not like I have Zorian open for such a long time already, definitely not long enough to forget I found 100 gold underneath a tree). I submitted a bugreport.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Thanks all. I do not feel as befuddled as before. I filed a report and will look again after Earth and Sea are released! (those new zones are going to be too busy for me the first few days anyway!)

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Response from CS for anyone else struggling!

Hi Kookaburra,

Thanks for contacting Support. It is not you, there is a bug. We will have it
fixed in the expansion. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,
VH Support Team