Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited

Hi, Everyone! It’s not everyday that we introduce a brand new class into our game, so we thought we’d spice things up a bit by creating a fun and competitive challenge for you all to enjoy to mark the arrival of this exciting new class into our world with!

What is the Surge of the Shaman Challenge?

It’s a race to see who the first five Shaman players will be on each server to reach level 90, AND who will be the very first Shaman in the entire game to reach it!

Now when we say “mark the occasion,” we mean just that. On each server, we will be creating a special ‘Shaman Shrine’ in Ardent City, where they will remain forever. The names of the five players on each server will be immortalized upon these shrines, and the name of the very first Shaman in the game to have achieved the victory will be given a special delineation upon them as well. That player will also receive a sum of 500 crowns. The other winners will each receive 150 crowns. So eternal glory, and a padded wallet. Not too bad, yeah?

The Rules

There are a few catches to this race to be the first five Shaman to reach level 90:
  • It is required that players must complete a level 60 Rebirth. Players must take screenshots as evidence when they post. (We will of course verify this in our database as well.)
  • In the course of that Rebirth, the entire ‘Heroes Journey’ quest given by Maplecrest must be completed. (i.e, all Elders must be killed.) We will require a screenshot of your quest journal as proof of completion as well.
  • We will create a forum thread where players must post their Shaman character names, server, and required screenshots upon reaching level 90.
  • The challenge will be open for six months, or will close once every server has five Shaman who have reached level 9o and met the requirements.

And there you have it! Let the Shaman Surge begin! Good luck and have fun! :p

The Submissions Thread can be found here.

Doctor Beer

Adventurer
Characters
Doctor Beer
Platform
PC
Challenge accepted! ... and btw will there patchnotes today ?

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
This is really cool :) I won't be trying this, since I can't dedicate enough time to it, but looking forward to see who and how soon will achieve lvl 90 (my guess is that it will be less than a month from launch)

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
Sorry? I'm not sure I understand what you want to know/are trying to tell us , so I can't really comment.
When will the update shamans?We were promised shamans before the summer. And now it's midsummer.

Leizong

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
接受挑战,我要在下次更新之前到达五次重生90级,我们公会现在最快的记录是42天,我想要更快

Reactions: Aki and Lightentity
  • Likex2

playpunks

Squirrel
Royal Guardian
Characters
playpunks, Nidup XD, plypuk
Platform
Android, PC
Wow...just wow. A new challenge :eek::LOL::LOL: still not really excited on the challenge but trying new class though :sneaky:. Looking forward for the update and the first five legendary shamans! May the glory be with you!All the best from my side :cool:

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
When will the update shamans?We were promised shamans before the summer. And now it's midsummer.
It is mentioned here on the website, since ages, that is going to happen on the 15th July:

patchnotes should be today

WarEdge

Mighty Warrior
Platform
PC
Shaman with the part 1 of the update is coming on July 15 High Inquistior. They told us many weeks to month ago

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
What is the Surge of the Shaman Challenge?

It’s a race to see who the first five Shaman players will be on each server to reach level 90, AND who will be the very first Shaman in the entire game to reach it!

Now when we say “mark the occasion,” we mean just that. On each server, we will be creating a special ‘Shaman Shrine’ in Ardent City, where they will remain forever. The names of the five players on each server will be immortalized upon these shrines, and the name of the very first Shaman in the game to have achieved the victory will be given a special delineation upon them as well. That player will also receive a sum of 500 crowns. The other winners will each receive 150 crowns. So eternal glory, and a padded wallet. Not too bad, yeah?
What a great way to start off the new content. Will be exciting to see who all gets their shamans leveled up first. LET THE RACE BEGIN.. soonish

BUT, I also have mixed feelings about the shrine.

I understand the reason behind this, PR. It creates excitement, incentive, purpose for people to play the shaman. Still, kinda a mixed feeling about immortalizing just these few when so many have have achieved great miles stones in the past.

WarEdge

Mighty Warrior
Platform
PC
It would be awesome if there were miles stones for each class.

Even milestone for that person who got level 90 combat level with all the "soft cap" and "hard cap" aka 50 million xp bonus per level....I don't know how they did it but they did it.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I think the difference here is that everyone starts off at the same place. Whilst it is undoubtedly true that those who were first to reach level 90 had to work hard to do that, it was hardly an even chance for all with some chars already at cap, completed all rebirths, with legendary gear and multiple elder levels whilst others were on their first run, or perhaps had been maxed but were currently in the middle of their final rebirth when the level raise came.

Reactions: Kookaburra
  • Likex1

Zyani

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zyani,Borghilde,Jitlayda+4more
Platform
PC
Ill pass, play to have fun, it is not a competition to me, and when you are maxxed you won't have anything left to do.

Still wish those who are going for it good luck and i am not going to deny any help to them if needed.

Reactions: Paranoia and Zazie
  • Likex2

sparksy

Merchant
Platform
PC
Very excited with this challenge however couldn't someone just run a shaman all the way up to 90 and those running solo don't get a stand a chance at winning?

If so kind of a crap competition....

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
Very excited with this challenge however couldn't someone just run a shaman all the way up to 90 and those running solo don't get a stand a chance at winning?

If so kind of a crap competition....
Hmmm . . not sure I agree. You could make the same charge about anything in the game, it is always harder and takes longer to go it solo. I do have a regular playing partner and that definitely makes things much easier as our mains can help each others lower level alts.

But for this reward, you would need either a VERY COMMITTED playing partner or a whole community ready to help (say an active guild). That is part of what this game is all about.

I have not the slightest chance on this challenge since I do not have the in-game stamina, but I will be ready and able to help any of my in-game friends if they go for it. It will be fun for all of us.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
We do indeed have very committed players who will rise to this challenge! It will be fun to watch and I'm sure fun, for them, to be a part of.

I will watch from the sidelines :)

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1