Mikkal

Citizen
Platform
PC
The color change is very close to mod chat and much harder to pick up. The green made it much easier to spot and respond. Just my two cents. Any thoughts.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
We're looking at improving this. Green is currently used for village chat, but if you have any suggestions of other colors that would make sense for guild chat feel free to share!

BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
Any color would do as long as u could see it, if we can't get green back , orange would be good, I want something I can see easy enough the purple is to much like mods, and some of us player can't see the light purple due to bad sight like myself , just to see what my guildies typed I had to get super close to the screen.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
The reasoning for changing the orange village chat was that it was quite close to the red/yellow of the world and trade/lfg chats - the current goal is to have all channels have really distinct colors to make them easy to tell apart. Could possibly go for a magenta?

Platform
PC
We're looking at improving this. Green is currently used for village chat, but if you have any suggestions of other colors that would make sense for guild chat feel free to share!
Village chat is not green - it's yellow (as I mentioned in other thread). I'd say leave guild chat green and make village chat a different color. Most people don't use village chat (that I've seen, anyway)...(not that I want it taken out) It would make more sense to leave what's being used the same and if a color needs to be changed, change the less used channel.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Village chat is not green - it's yellow (as I mentioned in other thread). I'd say leave guild chat green and make village chat a different color. Most people don't use village chat (that I've seen, anyway)...(not that I want it taken out) It would make more sense to leave what's being used the same and if a color needs to be changed, change the less used channel.
I would argue that it makes the most sense to simply look at chat colors in their entirety and evaluate them as a whole, making sure all colors are different enough. This may not seem too important on PC but it matters a ton on mobile, where the default chat view show all channels at once. Having colors that are different from each other is then very important to be able to tell them apart.

Reactions: Caraldor Loxana Luther
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The reasoning for changing the orange village chat was that it was quite close to the red/yellow of the world and trade/lfg chats - the current goal is to have all channels have really distinct colors to make them easy to tell apart. Could possibly go for a magenta?
Well I can't speak for the US servers or EU2, but at least as far as I am concerned, on EU1, mod chat already is "majenta"

(Not that I have a power complex or anything!)

Platform
PC
I would argue that it makes the most sense to simply look at chat colors in their entirety and evaluate them as a whole, making sure all colors are different enough. This may not seem too important on PC but it matters a ton on mobile, where the default chat view show all channels at once. Having colors that are different from each other is then very important to be able to tell them apart.
I always have all chat windows open...so, having distinct colors, I would agree IS important...but as it sits, trade looks just like village...guild looks just like whispers AND mod...the only 2 that look distinct are world and party. Before, the orange was village - and was very distinct...the brown was trade...guild was bright green...whisper was a light purple and mod was a very dark purple.. As far as I had heard, no mobile players had trouble telling them apart.

When I asked on US2 today,ALL that were in chat (mobile and pc)said that guild and mod were way too close...and that trade and village looked very similar as well.

I'm not trying to argue... <though it may seem that way> I'm just trying to let you know that the changes have caused a lot of confusion. And the colors from the user end are not as distinct as you seem to think that they are.

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I'm a little confused, but that's often the case. ;)
In 5+ years of play, I have never, even once, seen anyone complain about the chat colors... until this week.
I'm on pc and always have all channels open. I never really had any issue with the old scheme. It just seems we are trying to fix something that most did not feel was broken.

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
I'm a little confused, but that's often the case. ;)
In 5+ years of play, I have never, even once, seen anyone complain about the chat colors... until this week.
I'm on pc and always have all channels open. I never really had any issue with the old scheme. It just seems we are trying to fix something that most did not feel was broken.
I don't think people were really complaining about chat colors either - the main issue was one of consistency. Up until this patch the PC and mobile chat colors differed (in some areas quite a bit), and to keep things unified they were replaced with a single color scheme that's now the same on all platforms. One could say we could just have applied the PC color scheme to mobile but that works both ways :)

In either case, there were indeed some oversights in the new color scheme which will be fixed in one of the smaller upcoming updates. I think you all will be quite happy with the updated set once it's out!

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Could you switch Guild chat back to the pretty kelly green it used to be. I have seen people comment they find the purple color the guild chat is now difficult to read