RuneFox

Merchant
Platform
Android, PC
Hello!

So I have to say Im really enjoying myself in the game and after searching so many MMO's I finally found one where I feel I could actually focus on being a crafter and/or merchant and nothing else if I so wanted. One thing I was curious about asking and wanted to suggest if it's not already in game is Trade routes.

The Idea behind this is to simply be able to take my wares and sell them to different vendors with each vendor(depending on distance) paying more or less for my wares. The only game that comes to mind that I can relate this idea to is a game called Archeage but that was so convoluted with pvp and pay to win that it really took away from the merchant life style. But I thought I would make mention of this as this type of MMO in my opinion would be ideal for that type of game mechanic.

Thanks again for the great game and the great community.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I'm not sure those routes would qork here, if they are distance related. If I recall correctly archeage has 1 big map, here we have many smaller maps that you easiy jump to by teleport, so going far away with your package is peanuts really

Platform
PC
I like the concept of a crafter-merchant as a mini game. The game sorely needs some decent and repeatable mini games. As Ekimie said, distance can not be a factor in difficulty but some other aspect(s) could be used to add both difficulty and interest.

Chris30s

Adventurer
Characters
Mari Blue, Saffira, Chris30s
Platform
PC
Distance could still be a factor... it's a factor now in the price of teleporting to a new location.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Yes but that price difference is about silvers, I dont even notice silvers, as many other higher leveled players. The only ones who will notice the price of teleport travel are the low level ones with less than 100 gold

Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
I really like the idea of a wandering vendor too - maybe it could be just finding the vendor and his cart. He would not show on any map so you would have to stumble across him. He could disappear after you say "good-bye" - using the same mechanism that makes NPCs wander around on some quests. You would not be able to go back and get stuff or call anyone else since he would be instanced just for that moment and player. I would like to see him buy refined ingredients at a pretty inflated price, so there would have to be some crafting involved.

Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I'm not sure those routes would qork here, if they are distance related. If I recall correctly archeage has 1 big map, here we have many smaller maps that you easiy jump to by teleport, so going far away with your package is peanuts really

Fair point, but in regards to teleporting I think it would be best to deactivate the ability to teleport while doing a trade route. Such as you could not teleport while carrying a trade pack thus forcing the player to actually walk or utilize wagons to speed up the process of getting from map to map. Archeage also had a map that was also broken up into sections like V&H so I could see it working just as well.

I have to say being able to do trade routes was probably one of the coolest things I have found in a MMO outside of combat and really gave that great feeling of accomplishment when you successfully delivered your goods especially when you add in the dangers of encountering bandits.

Platform
iOS
trade routes in Archage was fun. The ones here would likely be boring to tears. Why you ask? I Archeage to make the most money you had to go in zones you could be attacked (pvp) If you went thru a zone during its peace time. A large enough group could still block the exit. Most people i have played in this game do not have any wish to be ganked while hauling goods.. In one day there would be more toxicity than this game has had in 5 years.. Also lots of people was botting the " safe" trade runs so that would introduce a whole new segment to be monitored.

Alas i would still support trade runs for those who want them.

Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
trade routes in Archage was fun. The ones here would likely be boring to tears. Why you ask? I Archeage to make the most money you had to go in zones you could be attacked (pvp) If you went thru a zone during its peace time. A large enough group could still block the exit. Most people i have played in this game do not have any wish to be ganked while hauling goods.. In one day there would be more toxicity than this game has had in 5 years.. Also lots of people was botting the " safe" trade runs so that would introduce a whole new segment to be monitored.

Alas i would still support trade runs for those who want them.
Yea those are def some of the things that made it a pain in Archeage and the griefing that followed was over the top. But with V&H it would be something that they could add without fear of those things since there is no pvp and players pass through each other so they can't block routes even if they wanted too(I think).

The concept could be the same though as distance/time plus damage to shipment could be the determining factor of how much the player got paid for their delivery.

Personally I would love to see more quest/events directed to the villager part of the game as there is quite a bit of focus on the Hero side as it stands. Trade routes would def scratch that itch as a lot could be put into it. Esp if they open up the oceans and distant lands.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
How about having more crafting quest where you have to craft certain amount of an item (ex: craft 10 Rare lv 21 lighting warrior armor or Ardent Castle for both crafting xp and class xp plus gold) for a group like B.R.A. or Ardent castle. This would add some extra incentive for players to craft.

Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
How about having more crafting quest where you have to craft certain amount of an item (ex: craft 10 Rare lv 21 lighting warrior armor or Ardent Castle for both crafting xp and class xp plus gold) for a group like B.R.A. or Ardent castle. This would add some extra incentive for players to craft.
I like that idea!

Personally I like anything that makes my Villager experience into more than running between a node(animal/plant) and a work station. The trade route appeals to me so much because a route if designed right could take upwards of 15 mins(or more) to make a trip and gives me a reason to leave my village and see more of the map besides only the gathering spots. Which if you think about it a trade route would/could take the same amount of time as a dungeon for some and could be equal to in the scheme of things. Dungeons give players weapons and armor, Trade routes/trade quest can give villager clothes and new tools or animals/seeds.

I really hope they expand on the villager aspect of this game because that is what brought me and will be what ultimately keeps me.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I really hope they expand on the villager aspect of this game because that is what brought me and will be what ultimately keeps me.
Quoting this one sentence, because I strongly agree with it, in particular. Villagers need repeatable side content (beyond the Wellspring village project) just as much as heroes need repeatable side content (whether in the form of dungeons, or what have you.)

I'm looking forward to the reveal about the new patch which tells us more about what those who enjoy crafting and gathering can have waiting for them (beyond all the recipes for the shaman gear.) :)