Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Last edited by a moderator
Please note: this livestream will be delayed by 30 minutes. It will be starting at 11:30 am PST/ 2:30 pm EST.

livestream.png
Today we're making an outfit! See you all in a couple hours :)
  • 11am PST
  • 2pm EST
  • 19:00 GMT
  • 20:00 CET

Here's a brief overview of what we'll be doing:
So first off, making an outfit takes a while - certainly way beyond the scope of a single livestream. To make it a bit more manageable we'll be doing the following:
  • As mentioned in last week's livestream, we won't be creating any new models/meshes - what this essentially means is that we will be making use of existing models and create textures for these to create our new outfit. This is a very common way we make outfits already since it cuts down on the time it takes by an order of magnitude!
  • Only look at the creation of the female version of the outfit. There will still be a male one made and it's very likely they will look near-identical - but during the livestream we'll only be working on the female model.
  • We won't be exporting the outfit to the actual game or look at it in-game - but we will definitely show the finished outfit off ingame in a later livestream!
Considering the following, here's the process we'll be taking:
  1. First we will look through existing game meshes and decide which ones are the most appropriate for a Highwayman outfit.
  2. Then we'll create base textures for these meshes complete with a wireframe render and AO (these terms will be much more familiar to you after the livestream!)
  3. Then we'll actually start texturing the outfit, going back and forth between Maya and Photoshop.
  4. Hopefully we'll have enough time to get to a point where you can make out the general idea of the outfit! :)

Royal Guardian
Characters
vangelis
Platform
PC, Steam
cool endlich eine eu2 benutzer freundliche zeit.recht herzlichen dank an die otter
thank you otters iam be happy

Platform
Android, PC
Dear Sir,
When will I get an answer to my multiple questions regarding graphics and store gnopack? I have already published them many times, but never in the last 4 issues haveno been discussed! I want to believe that online show are made not only to discuss bookstores, the weather and pets.
Looking forward to hear about y soon!

Ivar Hill

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Dear Sir,
When will I get an answer to my multiple questions regarding graphics and store gnopack? I have already published them many times, but never in the last 4 issues haveno been discussed! I want to believe that online show are made not only to discuss bookstores, the weather and pets.
Looking forward to hear about y soon!
I'll reply right here!

We are always looking to add more gnogpacks to the store, it's mostly just a matter of time and resources. We do tend to add about 10 new gnogpacks each year through the various seasonal events, so there's that!

As for the game resolution on mobile, could you clarify what you mean by this exactly? By pushing up the resolution slider you should be able to have a native or near-native resolution (depending on device).

Jeylana

Jack Of All Trades
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jeylana, Lanajey
Platform
PC
That sounds very interesting, I regret that I do not understand what you say. I hope that I can understand from the pictures, what you are doing there.

Platform
Android, PC
Last edited
I'll reply right here!

We are always looking to add more gnogpacks to the store, it's mostly just a matter of time and resources. We do tend to add about 10 new gnogpacks each year through the various seasonal events, so there's that!

As for the game resolution on mobile, could you clarify what you mean by this exactly? By pushing up the resolution slider you should be able to have a native or near-native resolution (depending on device).
About gnopack costumes, my question was about possibility to add extra stats to them. If we can to purchase them by dublin coints (but dublin coints is possible to get from red box only - red box keys y can buy from shop only - by real money (in 99%)). That mean that gnopack costumes are much more expansive if y compare with costumes from shop market, which ones we buy for real money. So...exist the big point to add for gnopack costumes some extra stats which ones increase some of stats (damages, resistance and etc). Second is, the styles of gnopack costumes are really horrible - few flower suits (mostly for girls), classic and bat. Why you can't to make something from 21th century style!?
About mobile graphic resolution. As everybody know a lot of mobile 3D games developers provide much more seriously and better games, in resolution details (shadows, pixels per inch) - I mean. But where is the problem in VH? Even on my Z3 Sony Compact I see very smash picture on maximum resolution level (by option)?! I don't what to make compare with another products, but if y ask me I will do it.

Platform
iOS, PC
I know people can just go to yesterdays post to get the link, but maybe put the twitch link in the top post for those who come here looking for time.?

Nadiria

Adventurer
Platform
iOS
REGARDING TODAY'S LIVESTREAM NOTES:

Today's livestream, by it's very nature, will be *quite* different than the normal conversations that we typically can transcribe. Please know that I will do my best to capture what happens (including referencing timestamps in the playback where appropriate), however this will likely be dramatically different Notes today. My personal recommendation for those who translate these Notes to their native language, or for the hearing impaired, is to "pair" your transcript with the playback so that you get the maximum experience. Thank you for understanding!

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
That sounds very interesting, I regret that I do not understand what you say. I hope that I can understand from the pictures, what you are doing there.
Hey, Jey, I know the reply doesn't catch your signature but please don't apologize for your English! It is great (even if it is from translator :p ) and well to understand :) Many people here are not natives and if they give you a hard time, it is their bad! Remember your English is most probably MUCH better than their German! And they should appreciate you try, instead of just dump it here and make it their problem (which is nothing wrong with either :p ) . You rock it Jey! Don't apologize for your awesomeness

Viranda

Grand Priestess
Characters
Viranda, Luna the Beautiful,
Platform
PC
I really like the first and second ones. The Knight costume looks SO COOL with that texture!