Sarah Otter

Mad Otter Games
Developer
Hi, Everyone,

We know many of you have been anxiously wondering if the second half of the Earth and Sea expansion will be arriving on August 15th or not. I’ve also been hearing a lot of questions about Equinox, and even more frantically worried questions as to when the departure of the Twilight Vale will be. So. Hopefully, this post will clear up a lot of uncertainty about what’s going on in Otter Land.

First off, regrettably, we will not be releasing the second half of the expansion on August 15th as we’d originally planned. We would prefer to continue smoothing out the bumps and wrinkles in the first half of the expansion before rushing out with the rest. We hope you can see our reasoning behind this, and appreciate your understanding if so.

Event Zones! When are they leaving, when are they arriving, have any been canceled? Noooo, nothing has been canceled. In fact, this year we are going to try a fun new experiment! We will be releasing Equinox while the Midsummer Zone is still live -- so, not only will you all have plenty of time to gather all your goodies from the Vale, but you will also have a second event zone to enjoy simultaneously! (And we have some seriously cool surprises in store for you with the Equinox build!)

Here are our HOPEFUL TARGET DATES for our live build releases this summer. Please note that I used the words ‘hopeful’ and ‘target.’ (This means please don’t come after us with pitchforks if the dates end up being slightly off.) :)

• During the week of August 12-16: A tech build. Google has some new tech requirements, so we will be releasing a strictly Android build to fulfill them. There is nothing shiny or glamorous in this build, it’s strictly a tech build, but I’m mentioning it because the servers will be down, and we’d prefer there wasn’t confusion as to the type of build being pushed.
  • Hopefully by September 1: Equinox Event Zone build will be released! The Midsummer’s Event Zone will stay live when it does.
  • Sometime between September 15 and October 1: The second half of the Earth and Sea expansion will be released! New high level content, level cap raise, new Elders, and more!
    • Midsummer’s Even zone will be turned off in this build
  • October 1: Halloween Event Zone releases!
    • Equinox Event Zone departs

Neia

Warrior
Characters
Neia
Platform
PC
Great news! So, if I recap:
-Midsummer will end in the second half of September
-Equinox will start around 1st September and end around 1st October
-Halloween will start around 1st October.

How will work the event portals in Summer Hollow and Ardent City? Will there be 2 portals by town?

Reactions: Chris30s and Zazie
  • Likex2

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
  • During the week of August 12-16: A tech build. Google has some new tech requirements, so we will be releasing a strictly Android build to fulfill them. There is nothing shiny or glamorous in this build, it’s strictly a tech build, but I’m mentioning it because the servers will be down, and we’d prefer there wasn’t confusion as to the type of build being pushed.
  • Hopefully by September 1: Equinox Event Zone build will be released! The Midsummer’s Event Zone will stay live when it does.
  • Sometime between September 15 and October 1: The second half of the Earth and Sea expansion will be released! New high level content, level cap raise, new Elders, and more!
OMGosh how fun!

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Two event zones running simultaneously? I can feel the burnout and stress already. Ugh. I think the hardcore, event-zone grinders and the biggest helpers are going to have a very full plate with this! I already feel as if I live in the event zone & do nothing that's unrelated to it.

However, since Equinox is my least-favorite event zone (and one that I often skip entirely because I dislike the pathing of the local map so much -- which side of that mountain CAN you climb???), if you must have two event zones at the same time, I object much less strongly. I simply won't set foot in Equinox. (If I can pull it off, I would much rather earn either the new warden gnogpack or the Vale fungi mount for my warrior, in addition to the panther mount my priest is getting!) :D

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Wow, thanks for that super upbeat, cheery, note, Zazie! :D
If I hadn't wanted the panther mount soooo badly on my shadow priest, my warrior would have taken her turn in getting herself a fungi mount earlier. (Her 3 big sisters all have one -- either from Grinchta's Lair or Vale.) Need to do some math and start grinding more on my warrior (who just finished all the big fairy kill quests yesterday, hasn't begun gathering beetles or making apple crisps, but who's been helping occasionally on the ladder.) Gonna start channeling the little engine that could! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Agber
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Wow, thanks for that super upbeat, cheery, note, Zazie! :D
I think Zazie just needs a tiiiny nudge in the super awesome upcoming event to tickle her enthusiasm, I think a small show of the collectables of Equinox might JUST do the trick ;)

Reactions: Zazie
  • Hahax1

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
Hi, Everyone,

We know many of you have been anxiously wondering if the second half of the Earth and Sea expansion will be arriving on August 15th or not. I’ve also been hearing a lot of questions about Equinox, and even more frantically worried questions as to when the departure of the Twilight Vale will be. So. Hopefully, this post will clear up a lot of uncertainty about what’s going on in Otter Land.

First off, regrettably, we will not be releasing the second half of the expansion on August 15th as we’d originally planned. We would prefer to continue smoothing out the bumps and wrinkles in the first half of the expansion before rushing out with the rest. We hope you can see our reasoning behind this, and appreciate your understanding if so.

Event Zones! When are they leaving, when are they arriving, have any been canceled? Noooo, nothing has been canceled. In fact, this year we are going to try a fun new experiment! We will be releasing Equinox while the Midsummer Zone is still live -- so, not only will you all have plenty of time to gather all your goodies from the Vale, but you will also have a second event zone to enjoy simultaneously! (And we have some seriously cool surprises in store for you with the Equinox build!)

Here are our HOPEFUL TARGET DATES for our live build releases this summer. Please note that I used the words ‘hopeful’ and ‘target.’ (This means please don’t come after us with pitchforks if the dates end up being slightly off.) :)

ooo love that now I know I will get all I want from vale
at the same time yipes when will I have time to get all my toons that do not have ardant to ardant so they can get the free costume
If you mean the elder bosses, yes. There are some bugs with some of these bosses that make them Over Powered. We have fixes that will come with the second half of the Earth and Sea Expansion.
Damon
Thank you Thank you Thank you I was not looking forward to my other toons hitting 85 and those previously nasty now even worse 85 elders needed to open up the next zone (or even to rebirthing my 90 holy priest knowing those are ahead of her)

Reactions: Life Spirit
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
I think Zazie just needs a tiiiny nudge in the super awesome upcoming event to tickle her enthusiasm, I think a small show of the collectables of Equinox might JUST do the trick ;)
At least my enthusiasm for Vale makes up for my lack of enthusiasm for Equinox. (Along with the fresh cup of coffee next to me -- first one of the day -- that might help a bit, too.) :p

Hopefully, Vale won't be totally empty at the end of its lifespan, when I'm still trying to get the rest of what I want from the zone. (Vale is, by far, my absolute favorite event zone, and I do loooove event zones! Just with that one exception. LOL) I'm literally counting down the days until I get the panther mount I'm working so hard to earn! :D

Reactions: Jurksch and BadgerReborn
  • Likex2

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
If I hadn't wanted the panther mount soooo badly on my shadow priest, my warrior would have taken her turn in getting herself a fungi mount earlier. (Her 3 big sisters all have one -- either from Grinchta's Lair or Vale.) Need to do some math and start grinding more on my warrior (who just finished all the big fairy kill quests yesterday, hasn't begun gathering beetles or making apple crisps, but who's been helping occasionally on the ladder.) Gonna start channeling the little engine that could! :ROFLMAO:
load her up with the ingredients to make the crisps and do that at the crafting party tonight (that is what I did so kayla would advance and Kaya would have the crisps she needed)

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
At least my enthusiasm for Vale makes up for my lack of enthusiasm for Equinox. (Along with the fresh cup of coffee next to me -- first one of the day -- that might help a bit, too.) :p

Hopefully, Vale won't be totally empty at the end of its lifespan, when I'm still trying to get the rest of what I want from the zone. (Vale is, by far, my absolute favorite event zone, and I do loooove event zones! Just with that one exception. LOL) I'm literally counting down the days until I get the panther mount I'm working so hard to earn! :D
You really are a little ray of sunshine, aren't ya?

Panthera

Grand Priestess
Platform
Android, PC, Steam
the getting lost I tend to agree with zazie on equinox but I enjoy the zone anyways (if you recall it was the first zone (starting last year) to get the tp)

Royal Guardian
Characters
William Hououin
Platform
iOS, PC
I think equinox is my favourite

Probably because last year i got to know quite a few people with who i am friend with up until today ^_^

Reactions: Rohana and Concinus
  • Lovex1
  • Likex1