Stella StormSong

Huntress
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Last edited
Hey, Event Zones are not mandatory, required content. Nobody if forcing any one to participate.
Thank You Otters for the update and giving people the information they need to plan their play time :D
Event Zones give people a chance to earn some pretty cool shop-quality items for free! I dont call that stress, I call that pretty freaking awesome.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Equinox was the first Event Zone I ever set a toe in (and which chased me out within a sneeze) and then left me wondering for a year whether I perhaps had just imagined a zone with big sandy mountains? Because I couldnt find it back and surely I didnt simply fail to find that zone back all that time? Guess they just took it out a few days later.

Nowadays I just firmly believe I should get a title or reward with 'Master Equinox Navigator' because I dont get lost anymore. Can we get that on a mug?

I love the equinox outfits that reappear every year. And looking forward to it extra this year because surely they cant keep ditching those flying carpets? :giggle:

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I think equinox is my favourite

Probably because last year i got to know quite a few people with who i am friend with up until today ^_^
That's exactly how I feel about Vale. The first event zone I ever participated in. I have soooo many memories of time spent in Vale! :D

I'm just recalculating and rethinking what I want to get on which toon in Vale...other than the panther mount for Zazie. (That's a given.) I'm not worrying about Equinox...not even factoring it into the equation. Just trying to determine what a reasonable amount of additional grinding is that I can cope with, without driving myself crazier than I already am! :ROFLMAO: (Unfortunately, although I would looove to get a Vale fungi mount on my warrior too, I really don't think I'm up to getting a mount on two toons in Vale, in a single event zone season. I suspect that an outfit might be a bit more reasonable.) :p

BBlue

Legendary Hero
Characters
Bulmablue, Bulla S., P.Vegeta
Platform
PC
I can see a problem with back to back ez for 1 it will be hard to get any1 to twilight vale, let only exqiox, and new players who enter any ez well be confused, like if prisma up they could go to the wrong ez and same with mummies, I don't lime having back to back ez, it just seems this could create lots of problems and confusing, if I don't see anything worth it in equiox I will just work on twilight.

Reactions: Zazie
  • Likex1

Tern

Adventurer
Characters
Wes, Inn, Hugh, Sis & Pat Tern
Platform
Android, PC
Wow! When do Otters sleep? Thank you for working so hard to give us so much! I am looking forward to all the new stuff! Y'all are Otterly Awesome!

Reactions: Chris30s and Imp
  • Likex2

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
Wow, thanks for that super upbeat, cheery, note, Zazie! :D
That's only because you haven't heard my views :LOL: So happy they are not mandatory content.

The good thing is no one is likely to complain of boredom!

Reactions: Zazie
  • Hahax1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
...if I don't see anything worth it in equiox I will just work on twilight.
That's more or less my plan too. I'm really quite happy to have a more definitive date for how long Vale will be around for (because that makes mapping out exactly what I want to earn on which toon so much easier!) I'm also really looking forward to having Vale stick around for longer than expected. There are enough brand-new items to earn in the zone, of varying price points, to keep me occupied for the extended period of time, AND did I mention that it's my favorite event zone of the entire calendar year? :p

(To be quite honest, I'm hoping to avoid event zone burnout by not seeing anything in Equinox that I really want to earn, and tentatively plan to continue grinding Vale until it closes. At that point, I'll try to stay out of Equinox as much as possible, thus giving myself that minimum two week downtime between event zones that helps prevent me from burning out on them.)

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Agamemnon,coober,catweazel, +1
Platform
PC
Nothing to it really, just like running two zones. Could be a problem if parties are in both zones, when elders are spawned simultaneously.
If you get two EZs' simultaneously, it only requires two icons on world map instead of one. If you installed a touchstone in the event zones for travel between them, that would be very useful.

Reactions: Airy and Neia
  • Likex2

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Platform
PC
I think Equinox was same time-span last year and managed to get Desert Rhino only, from memory. So many events compacted into 5 months.

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
I think Equinox was same time-span last year and managed to get Desert Rhino only, from memory. So many events compacted into 5 months.
That is a lot of "running in place" but very nice to have all the places to run rather than waiting an entire year to see the goodies cooked up.
I just about have that panther by the tail and thinking ahead. If the dailies in the Oasis give 53 sand vials a day and the event opens on Sept 1 runs until Oct 1 and I can keep reality at bay I will accumulate 1590 vials... hehe 1/2 of a mount? Won't that be fun to ride.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Chris30s and Zazie
  • Hahax2

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Platform
PC
I just about have that panther by the tail and thinking ahead. If the dailies in the Oasis give 53 sand vials a day and the event opens on Sept 1 runs until Oct 1 and I can keep reality at bay I will accumulate 1590 vials... hehe 1/2 of a mount? Won't that be fun to ride.. :ROFLMAO:
More than likely the 53 vials will be every 16 hours giving you the equivalent of 45 days * 53 vials = 2385 vials

Packet

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I'm excited about a Halloween EZ! I haven't done much with Vale, but it sounds like I still have plenty of time left.

Reactions: Saorsia
  • Likex1

Allison Wonderland

Priestess
Royal Guardian
Platform
PC
Last edited
More than likely the 53 vials will be every 16 hours giving you the equivalent of 45 days * 53 vials = 2385 vials
Oh come on now, let's be realistic. Instead of the normal reset clock in game of 22 hours Otters have made allowances for those who have reality obligations by timing so you would have 45 opportunities in 30 calendar days to complete the daily quest. Just as always the Otters are being sensitive to the players needs by recalculating resets knowing the event zone is special. A daily is a daily. If you miss 24 hour day you have missed the daily. The intent of a daily is to complete it one time in each calendar day but if you have no reality obligations you could set your biological clock to 16 hour virtual clock and would have no problem completing the daily 45 times and kill Prisma every 70-75 mins. With your calculations the virtual tear count is based on a 16 hour clock which indicated you do need to set your life by a virtual 16 hour day to earn the tears for the premium reward. Let's not forget you could potentially earn 6 tears per Prisma respawn if 2 instances open.

But I still think it is funny to visualize riding 1/2 of a rhinoceros.

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Platform
PC
I hope that the 95-level update will arrive soon, and I have been looking forward to it for a long time.
me too
Oh come on now, let's be realistic. Instead of the normal reset clock in game of 22 hours Otters have made allowances for those who have reality obligations by timing so you would have 45 opportunities in 30 calendar days to complete the daily quest. Just as always the Otters are being sensitive to the players needs by recalculating resets knowing the event zone is special. A daily is a daily. If you miss 24 hour day you have missed the daily. The intent of a daily is to complete it one time in each calendar day but if you have no reality obligations you could set your biological clock to 16 hour virtual clock and would have no problem completing the daily 45 times and kill Prisma every 70-75 mins. With your calculations the virtual tear count is based on a 16 hour clock which indicated you do need to set your life by a virtual 16 hour day to earn the tears for the premium reward. Let's not forget you could potentially earn 6 tears per Prisma respawn if 2 instances open.

Oh, I thought I was being realistic. The refresh on ladder bounties etc is 16 hours.