Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
During Diet's Let's Play livestream today the topic of Vault sorting came up, it had been a "Saturday Project" of Diet. It was mentioned how either you absolutely love it, or absolutely hate it. I am in the hate camp, because it throws off my appreciation of order (half the Elder essences in vault 9 and the other half in vault 10 is a no go to my sense of content).
The suggestion I have is to allow us to brand specific vaults for specific items. Like that, when you shift click something in your bags to go into your vaults, it could go directly to the right page, IF there is place on that page. I had a look at the AH, and I think the categories in there would make a great startpoint. When you rightclick a vault page number you could get a dropdown menu allowing you to choose what you would like to store there, allowing multiple options.
The categories in the AH are: All; Weapon; Armor; Shield; Token (bracers, spellbook, knife and scepter); Accessory (necklaces, rigns, boots etc); Consumable; Ingredient; Refined; Component (helm clasp, hobnails etc); Premium; Zogs; Other (gems, Anobri rings, etc).

When using the vault sorting after having appointed these Vault page contains, it could do the same order of sorting as it does now, except then looking at which page wants which items. Like that people can sort quickly but still decide the set-up of their vaults by themselves.

It would also be very soothing to me to have things of the same category on the same page, but that is just a neat side effect. It would be very convenient and quick to be able to sort vaults (and bags!) like this.

Looking forward to hearing all thoughts on this.

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
An interesting idea. I set my vault pages up kinda like that now. Although I tend to throw all my rebirth gear together, and keep it by level rather than type. My craft pages are also sorted by level, rather than type, i.e. the level 60 refines and components on one page, the 75s in another.

Forum Moderator
Characters
Paranoia
Platform
Android, PC
for me automatic vault sorting is kinda convenient, the way it is now. it's a good feature.

i bought every available vault store, just to keep things sorted. i love it that way.
vault 1 is for headware, vault 2 for belts, the 3rd for armor, and so on.

when i sort stuff in the vault, i open the one to be sorted and x-out the others. then auto-sort. cool!
BUT as PlatinumPlatypus pointed out, i rather would like to have that gear, lets say hats, sorted by level, and within that level by type. that way you have all lets say level 75 hunter headware on one line, to better compare and gnog that stuff. on one line means you've got every lvl75er on the same spot, legendary/epic/rare/uncommon/common right there, no other levels inbetween them. (well, i don't find better words for that now. i hope you understand my babble.

when i sort my bags on the character, there's one thing that annoys me. it's the auto-sort of toys, pets and coloured signals. everytime a mess. it looks like there are some undefined items in that code.

my 2 cents~

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
am in the hate camp, because it throws off my appreciation of order (half the Elder essences in vault 9 and the other half in vault 10 is a no go to my sense of content).
You have to X out the vaults you don’t want sorted. Put in the items in the vault you want then sort. You can’t just auto sort all your vaults without closing the ones you don’t want sorted.

Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
Currently I have 19 vaults and that is only going to be more, if I want to sort only one I keep going back and forth closing 18 others. Maybe if we could get a close all button so we can only deselect the ones we want then. much less work

CalmWind

Legendary Hero
Platform
iOS, PC
Currently I have 19 vaults and that is only going to be more, if I want to sort only one I keep going back and forth closing 18 others. Maybe if we could get a close all button so we can only deselect the ones we want then. much less work
Keep them all closed at all times then just open up the ones you want to sort and then close it right away. I do this to avoid accidental sorts.

The vaults will stay X out until you unlock it again

Platform
PC
I have all 28 vaults and, even though they are categorized, it is often difficult to remember what's where...so the clicking game starts. I am not keen on the "sorting by rarity" either but would prefer by level.
I'd rather see tabs as well instead of numbers but I am not sure I like the AH layout. The wording is fine though for the tabs.