SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Donating to Village projects is a fairly decent way to earn EXP, but apart from that it would be neat to offer some additional incentives. I propose that the points which player's accumulate from donating to projects can be spent as a form of currency. These points could be used at a local NPC in the village for gathering supplies, motes, elixirs, animal treats and other villager related resources.

Perhaps a few more repeatable projects could be added similar to the Wellspring. Each focusing on a different area of the game, and providing boosts & perks which last for 3 days upon completion. One for combat, another for crafting, one for gathering and finally one for farming.

This would mean that even in towns with fully upgraded projects they would still have a way to earn points to spend.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
That's a cool idea! (I particularly like the idea of gaining a form of currency by making village project donations....Would be VERY helpful for those moments when all of my toons are capped in plant lore, and yet I want to work on expanding the seedling nursery, which primarily asks for fruit and wood and shrooms...)

dustbunny

Squirrel
Platform
iOS, PC
While I like this idea, always for more ways to let people help with the growth of a village, I must also say I hate this idea because of the demand on our supply of gathering supply's. I for one, can not seem to keep enough supply's on hand to make gathering even remotely bearable. Gathering is frustrating and horrible with the way the system is set up at this time. I always end up out of supply's. And YES, I use buffs when I have them. It does not help when you are trying to gather thousand of mats a day for projects. If we were able to get more supply's more easily, then something like this would be a great addition to the villages.

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
While I like this idea, always for more ways to let people help with the growth of a village, I must also say I hate this idea because of the demand on our supply of gathering supply's. I for one, can not seem to keep enough supply's on hand to make gathering even remotely bearable. Gathering is frustrating and horrible with the way the system is set up at this time. I always end up out of supply's. And YES, I use buffs when I have them. It does not help when you are trying to gather thousand of mats a day for projects. If we were able to get more supply's more easily, then something like this would be a great addition to the villages.
I know what you are talking about. My gathering goes in cycles. I slow down or stop when I run out of supplies, then days or weeks later I have enough on hand to go for it again.

How about if the contributions to projects offer supplies (or COG coins) as a payout? It might be done as something you could buy with the points referred to in the initial post.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I know what you are talking about. My gathering goes in cycles. I slow down or stop when I run out of supplies, then days or weeks later I have enough on hand to go for it again.
This is a problem I and many others face too. I think ever since they removed COG coins from bounties.. I have to stop gathering for up to a week or more to let my supplies recuperate. I do think this is a serious issue but maybe not directly related to the proposal above.

How about if the contributions to projects offer supplies (or COG coins) as a payout? It might be done as something you could buy with the points referred to in the initial post
Yes for sure! I think I mentioned supplies in the initial post, but if not that would be a great addition to the rewards NPC

Reactions: Seawolf and Karma
  • Likex2

Kitty the Hunter

Villager
Platform
PC
I love this idea! So many times I am out of supplies and have to wait or trade for them, and I never have enough motes. Sitting at a crafting station for hours is no fun.

Reactions: Seawolf
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
This is a problem I and many others face too. I think ever since they removed COG coins from bounties.. I have to stop gathering for up to a week or more to let my supplies recuperate. I do think this is a serious issue but maybe not directly related to the proposal above.
That's it exactly. The issues with not having enough COG coins definitely began when they removed getting COG coins along with bounty kill credit. When that change began, Zazie had stockpiled about FOURTEEN stacks of COG coins (which was an amount that had been accumulated over an extended period of time, and involved 4 rebirths in quick succession and NO xp gained from a monthly calendar.) Her supply of COG coins in the vault has now dwindled down to only THREE stacks, and all 4 of my toons have about the same amount of stacks of COG coins.

Feels like feast or famine, to me.....(All my toons gather and craft AND they each have at least one lvl 90 gathering skill, so I receive the largest size supply crate, and a big part of why they all gather is because of gathering supply management. Which toon I gather on depends on what materials I need, which toon has access to the wilds, and who has the most supplies, simply because they haven't done any gathering in a long time.)

Reactions: Seawolf and Karma
  • Likex2

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Full support for the OP, as it is written. It fully mirrors my own opinion and speaks for itself.
The only thing I could add here is that instead of generating a separate currency that would suck up more space in my inventory, I would suggest expanding the variety of goods available for charter tokens and pay rewards in that already existing form. In order to make it more convenient, add a charter token vendor to the village CoG station; a suggestion that has already been presented by myself, among others.

The absence of GoG Coins coins from bounties has some bearing here but is still something of a separate issue. I also have trouble keeping pace and would be at a loss were it not for having a fully developed CoG station in my village from which to obtain the free gather supplies from all tiers. If you do not have that benefit in your own village, be sure to visit one that does. If you are on US1, feel free to visit us in the guild city of Sacred Grove to stock up on your gathering supplies. That said, perhaps the CoG coin supply disparity is something that deserves its own thread.

Zellgoddess

Warrior
Platform
Steam
i do see the is a good way to get people to do more for the village projects you could add a new CoG NPC that lets you claim more supply packs for the cost of village contribution points. with that then the village and your character would then have somewhere in one of the menus a record of total contribution and current contribution left. it would be very similar to any of the web browser games with guilds in them were you donate to guild and use the points you gain from donations to buy items in the guild shop.

although that's an interesting concept a village shop. one that has items on it that you spend village contribution to buy them with. of course the village shop it self would need its own project. with 10 main levels and a 11th level that resets once completed. for the first 10 project levels it will unlock new items in the shop. for the 11th level this will not only give you a endless project so once all village projects are maxed you will still have one to contribute to. it will also reset the buy limit for everyone in the village on certain items such as these could include some rather valuable things like sockets, crowns, potion packs, chest keys, ect. now with that i would see each time the 11th level resets it needing more contribution to complete.