Roweena

Master Villager
Platform
Steam
I would like to see a msg. board in the villages that listed the materials that are needed for that day all in one place. Not to donate in one spot, but rather just a list and location. That way we could find out what we needed that day, instead of running all over the village and guessing.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Oceans Dancing

Jack Of All Trades
Characters
Oceans Dancing
Platform
PC, Steam
As a former mayor who spent a lot of time tracking and posting station upgrade needs EVERY OTHER DAY for my residents... I can tell you, this idea is ingenious! IF people want to know what a station needs that day, reading it in a central place, is far and away a better plan than what I was doing!! it was an onerous chore!

KrakatoaEdm

Citizen
Characters
KrakatoaEdm
Platform
iOS, PC
I would like to see a msg. board in the villages that listed the materials that are needed for that day all in one place. Not to donate in one spot, but rather just a list and location. That way we could find out what we needed that day, instead of running all over the village and guessing.

thank you for taking the time to read this.
I can't tell you how much I applaud your suggestion and how much I would love to see the feature implemented. Something as simple as a "Message from Your Mayor" would do the trick. Unfortunately, though, some people don't seem to care. I sent a message to two of the deputy mayors of my village, both high level players, asking them what project the village was concentrating on so that I knew where to concentrate my donation efforts too, but I never even got a response. To tell you the truth the only reason I'm still there is because I haven't researched the consequences of changing villages and if so, where to go if there is actually anywhere better to go ----- sorry about the gratuitous rant LOL :oops::oops:

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
the only reason I'm still there is because I haven't researched the consequences of changing villages and if so, where to go if there is actually anywhere better to go
Good, organized guilds actually send emails throughout the week reminding everyone where to focus. This is why the board would be so helpful and relieve guild leaders from this tedious responsibility.

Find a new guild that cares!

The only penalty to moving is that you'll lose your crops if they're not finished, and maybe you'll have to settle on any land that is available in a new village as opposed to a preferred plot.

I would not want to be in a guild where the "leaders" ignore your emails and attempts to improve your village.

Characters
Tiffa, CyberElf
Platform
Android, PC
I can't tell you how much I applaud your suggestion and how much I would love to see the feature implemented. Something as simple as a "Message from Your Mayor" would do the trick. Unfortunately, though, some people don't seem to care. I sent a message to two of the deputy mayors of my village, both high level players, asking them what project the village was concentrating on so that I knew where to concentrate my donation efforts too, but I never even got a response. To tell you the truth the only reason I'm still there is because I haven't researched the consequences of changing villages and if so, where to go if there is actually anywhere better to go ----- sorry about the gratuitous rant LOL :oops::oops:
All you loose my moving out of a village is your unharvested Crops. There are a lot of good villages all you have to do is go visit them and find ones that have openings, or jf you have some in game friends ask them if they have any openings in their village or guild village, if you don't mind joining a guild.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Unfortunately there is just no way to tell if a village is currently being developed by it's inhabitants or not, except by asking around in world chat.

You could try simply going into a village and checking the village notice board to see if the projects are a bit higher (say rank 4 or 5 rather than all rank 1 or 2, but this is by no means conclusive as the village may for example be a former guild village, or may have been developed in the past by players who later moved to another village or perhaps simply left the game.

One good indicator might be the CoG vendor project by the entrance, but just like the town hall notice board it doesn't prove the village is under development now, simply that at some point, someone was working on it.

Also as mentioned above, as long as you gather any current crops before moving there is absolutely no penalty for moving house. Simply click on your current house (not the door) and choose move out, then go to a new village, find an open spot you like, and build a new house there. You may have to wait for the Mayor to give you vault access, but if you are helping with village projects in a village which is actively working on those, I doubt you will have any problems there.

Stella StormSong

Huntress
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
my pet peeve with village projects is when multiple projects ask for the same donation on the same day. Few days ago I had 3 projects all asking for timber. It would be great if projects asked for entirely different donations daily. And a message board as suggested above would be great way to see what projects need and plan your contributions.

Reactions: Greer
  • Likex1