Characters
Dandis
Platform
Steam
Hi,

What happens when resources are donated to a task and then the day is over and the task changes? Are the resources lost? Must all 8 resource types for each task be maxxed out in one day, before the task changes?
Thanks.

Characters
Caraldor / Loxana
Platform
iOS, PC
Hi,

What happens when resources are donated to a task and then the day is over and the task changes? Are the resources lost? Must all 8 resource types for each task be maxxed out in one day, before the task changes?
Thanks.
The resources get consumed by the project and are not lost. The resources are added to increment point to next level. Like gaining xp from a few monster kills.

At the end of the day the points added that day get added to the cumlitive total for that rank progress bar.

I guess an example would be like in combat, you kill monsters and the xp accumulates until you gain a level.

Someone else may come along and actually provide a more intelligent answer.

Characters
Dandis
Platform
Steam
Roger that.

I have another question, though. Let's say a village project needs 1,5 million until the next rank. In this case, what does this huge number stands for? Do villagers have to contribute 1,5 million resources just to increase one project with one rank? If true, the number seems excessive to me.

Leizong

Legendary Hero
Platform
Android, PC
村庄项目的贡献确实太巨大了,没有谁可以负担的起,据我所知,没有任何人愿意去花费大量的时间升级村庄

Avenian

BRA Member
Platform
PC
Roger that.

I have another question, though. Let's say a village project needs 1,5 million until the next rank. In this case, what does this huge number stands for? Do villagers have to contribute 1,5 million resources just to increase one project with one rank? If true, the number seems excessive to me.
You will not need to gather 1.5 miilion items, as the items you donate have xp amounts towards the overall goal. Much like killing a mob gives you a certain amount of xp. I have not tested xp amounts for donations but I think I might take a look at that.

Here is a nice Gamepedia page for the Village Projects.

Characters
Dandis
Platform
Steam
Thank you for the answer. How can I find out the actual amounts needed for donations?

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
Each project has a sign near it where you donate. There are donation boxes for each level of materials, i.e., 1- 15-30-45-60-75-90. You need 5000 raw materials, or 4000 refined materials to fill each box, depending on what the project is asking for.

Platform
Android, PC
Yes, it's pretty hidden what the "Project Points" value is per donation, and it's a "diminishing return" system where the first 25% of a day's needs provide half the benefit for a day.

It could vary on the different projects, but for example on the Arboretum and Soilworks after the initial level, the additional levels work like this:
The first 25% (which is two bins full, so 10k raw materials or 8k refined materials) will yield +500,000 project points. The next 25% will yield another 250k and the last 50% will yield another 250k. So, unless your guild/village is really flush with materials, I recommend only going to the 25% mark. (500k project points). That works out to roughly 50 project points per raw material. Getting to 50% is ok, too, but it's probably not going to be worth it to go past 50% (excepting a really gather-happy group of people!).

Platform
PC
Yes, it's pretty hidden what the "Project Points" value is per donation, and it's a "diminishing return" system where the first 25% of a day's needs provide half the benefit for a day.

It could vary on the different projects, but for example on the Arboretum and Soilworks after the initial level, the additional levels work like this:
The first 25% (which is two bins full, so 10k raw materials or 8k refined materials) will yield +500,000 project points. The next 25% will yield another 250k and the last 50% will yield another 250k. So, unless your guild/village is really flush with materials, I recommend only going to the 25% mark. (500k project points). That works out to roughly 50 project points per raw material. Getting to 50% is ok, too, but it's probably not going to be worth it to go past 50% (excepting a really gather-happy group of people!).
This also applies to the donor in that the first persons to donate after the projects reset will get much more credit than anyone who donates after the 25%.

Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
This also applies to the donor in that the first persons to donate after the projects reset will get much more credit than anyone who donates after the 25%.
Really, has this been confirmed by you or another player? Maybe a dev can give us the exact answer.

Platform
Android, PC
Really, has this been confirmed by you or another player? Maybe a dev can give us the exact answer.
I just tested:
The Arboretum was at +289,900 points for the day (14%). My char was creditted with 2,546,000 points given to the arboretum this level in the village tab.
I gave 3850 cedar logs and this took the project to 484,400 points for the day and 24%. I checked in the village tab and it had given my character 194525 more points credited. Which matches the project gain (is off by 25, maybe a rounding thing?). Average of 50 points per material.

Then, I gave 1140 more Cedar and the project went to 520700 (27%) and my char was credited with 36300 more points. This matches the project as well. Average of 32 points per material.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
Interesting. I had never heard that either, and I've been making village project donations off and on for 5 years.