Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
I can't get around this one aspect.

"If any of the Guild districts drop below a population of ##, they are at risk of losing access to their district. They will be unable to pay their rent, and thus will lose their houses in 2 weeks unless their population crosses the ## member threshold."

Under the current structure, a guild can lose control of its village, but in no way does that trigger a possible eviction from the village. I [as a guild leader] have an opportunity to regain control of that village by bringing my numbers back into compliance, but there is no time constraint on doing that and I am never forcibly evicted, even if I fail to regain control.

To be honest, I think the concept of the private guild village has had its day. It is an unnecessary complication and a waste of server assets. It would be better to create some type of guild hall structure for guilds to focus on and let all villages go public. When Starfall came out it took me and others a lot of effort to adjust to what suddenly became an overly complex gear structure that made this game much less of a casual gaming experience. Likewise, this would add another level of complication on yet another aspect of the game. There are a lot of changes I would like to see brought into the housing and village aspect of V&H, I even like a lot of the ideas you brought up on an individual basis, but I'm simply not down for another total rewrite of another major aspect of the game. I just want to play the game, not relearn how to play it all over again every two years. Sorry, but as the 'Sharks' often say, I'm out.

Reactions: Rohana
  • Likex1

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I just want to play the game, not relearn how to play it all over again every two years.
Amen to that. I think that's one lesson we've all learned from Starfall and Wellspring. (Well, those of us who have stuck through the changes, at least -- Who actually play the game, and who don't just log in, claim the daily calendar reward, and quickly log back out again. There are still players around who don't remotely understand the changes from those two big patches. Daily longtime players who can't explain what any of the "new" stats mean, who don't understand how village insight works or what bountiful gathering is. It's a shame, and it divides the community into those who understand the "recent" changes and those who don't.)

Kitty the Hunter

Huntress
Platform
PC
Amen to that. I think that's one lesson we've all learned from Starfall and Wellspring. (Well, those of us who have stuck through the changes, at least -- Who actually play the game, and who don't just log in, claim the daily calendar reward, and quickly log back out again. There are still players around who don't remotely understand the changes from those two big patches. Daily longtime players who can't explain what any of the "new" stats mean, who don't understand how village insight works or what bountiful gathering is. It's a shame, and it divides the community into those who understand the "recent" changes and those who don't.)
It can be hard to adjust to changes in the game, but think what it would be like without them. The game also needs a certain level of complexity to hold players interest and attention. That is all good but as it is now players are the first source of information with Discord, the wiki and forums being second and that needs to change.

Game updates should be titled and searchable in archives so anyone who wants can easily review their content. Perhaps a synopsis of updates by year could be written and put into the wiki. A new player section of the forums would be a place to start adding guides and short bits of info based off players more frequent questions. Expanding the wiki to include all the guides to some of the more trivial but still confusing things like villager insight would help too. (it may already be there, I didn't check). This takes work, short-term is is much easier to tell a person what they want to know until we have some of the most helpful and knowledgeable players in the game saying 'no more'!

To avoid derailing the original topic I won't post on this thread about this subject anymore.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I can't get around this one aspect.

"If any of the Guild districts drop below a population of ##, they are at risk of losing access to their district. They will be unable to pay their rent, and thus will lose their houses in 2 weeks unless their population crosses the ## member threshold."

Under the current structure, a guild can lose control of its village, but in no way does that trigger a possible eviction from the village. I [as a guild leader] have an opportunity to regain control of that village by bringing my numbers back into compliance, but there is no time constraint on doing that and I am never forcibly evicted, even if I fail to regain control.
In the current system, villages can be either public or private, while in this proposed system they are inherently public with private districts. The accessibility of the private districts will not change (they will always remain locked) however ownership can change hands if Guilds do not meet the requirements necessary to hold the land. It is a responsibility to own land, and the system has these checks and balances in place to ensure that the there are no assets put to waste. If a Guild feels that the requirements are too steep, they can inhabit one of the smaller towns (with easier to meet requirements) or simply settle in a public district and not have to worry about it at all. For those Guilds who choose to claim a private district, they agree to meet the requirements for that land, or forfeit their ownership. While I can understand the sentiment of losing owns home due to not meeting these specifications, it is important for Guilds to strongly consider whether private districts are a suitable direction for their housing. If they deem it not worth the effort, there are alternatives available. In the current system any Guild can willy-nilly claim land and convert it to private then go inactive in a week. This puts a toll on developer time (as they convert to private). In the proposed system while it is still possible for any Guild to hold land (so long as they meet the requirements) it will automatically handle the entire process, from claiming ownership, to potential loss of said ownership.

To be honest, I think the concept of the private guild village has had its day. It is an unnecessary complication and a waste of server assets. It would be better to create some type of guild hall structure for guilds to focus on and let all villages go public.
While that may be a fine solution for you, I am sure many individuals would disagree. Guilds bring structure and organization to villages. This is why many of the Guild villages have stations outranking those of public towns - because they work together to plan the progress of their city. The thing is, players enjoy living with their friends and family, especially when there is a village building aspect involved. If all villages were public, it would be very difficult to establish a base for these types of players. In proposed system, villages are inherently public with private districts, in order to meet the desire of both groups of players - those that enjoy a casual experience, and those seeking to organize or live with their Guild friends. These private and public districts work together in order to advance their overall village.

but I'm simply not down for another total rewrite of another major aspect of the game. I just want to play the game, not relearn how to play it all over again every two years. Sorry, but as the 'Sharks' often say, I'm out.
Starting from the Reborn expansion it appears the game's major content drops do normally rewrite the foundation of of the game. From the new gathering and crafting, to the new combat, to the new gear system. I have reason to believe that this trend will continue as it is frankly quite good for the marketing. With MMOs, change is a constant.

Reactions: Aernak
  • Likex1

Littlenymph

Squirrel
Characters
Layla Littlenymph
Platform
PC, Steam
Last edited
To avoid derailing the original topic I won't post on this thread about this subject anymore.
Let me get this in before making a response;
I like those ideas, Kitty, but you are correct. That goes off on an entirely different topic that deserves a thread of its own.

With that in mind, I did not intend to introduce a new topic with my original comments. I simply wanted to address an aspect of the original topic that I felt had been overlooked. I agree that there is a lot of room for improvement in the village aspect of V&H and the village itself is an ideal place to introduce those improvements. As always SKAAVVEEK has presented a thoughtful and thorough post on the topic and there is much in it that I find attractive. My problem is that while I find certain aspects of it to be interesting if you take the entire post as a whole, it constitutes a rewrite of the village aspect that would be on par with what Starfall did for combat and combat-related crafting. I am all for improvements, but I simply can't get behind a rewrite of that magnitude.

That said, I am going to take your lead and leave off commenting further on that aspect as it does not address any of the specific suggestions within the OP.

EDIT:
And it looks like SKAAVVEEK and I were posting at the same time. :rolleyes:
Okay, I see where you are coming from and it would seem a lot of the older players... that remain... share that vision. My personal perspective is that, as you pointed out, V&H advances in complexity with each major update. It is a far cry from the casual little game that I began playing five plus years ago and becomes more like the games I QUIT playing to come here. That said, the majority of players that feel this way have already moved on, so I'm simply a remaining member of an ever-decreasing minority. We have a different vision of what we want the game to be and the time for my vision has come and gone. I will not disrupt this thread any further with an unwelcome perspective. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my observations.

Jamay

Squirrel
Characters
Jamayra, Jamaya & Mayjam
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
Villages. Half the namesake of our game and for good reason! Villages - and the communities that reside within them - contribute so much to the quality and atmosphere of V&H. One thing is for certain however, there is a vast amount of untapped potential when it comes to these sprawling towns. With the Wellspring update we received additional cosmetic projects that revitalized some interest in building up villages, but I believe that in their current state, villages are very much surface level entities with little to do beyond filling project boards. This thread will contain my suggestions and proposal for an overhauled village system. The goal is to increase their importance, interactivity, and find ways for various villages to cooperate.

Structure

First and foremost, let's begin with the structure of Villages. Rather than having public & private villages, all villages would be public. Within each village would be separate housing districts, similar to how we currently have a borough & lakeside, however, these districts would act as micro-communities within the overall village. There would be a total of 4 housing districts within each village. 3 private districts that are reserved for one Guild each (one Guild cannot own all 3), and one public district that is open to anyone. All of these districts are still a part of the same village and work collectively. The amount of plots within each district depends on the Village template. There are various templates, that should suit the needs of any community.

Hamlet: 100 total plots. Each of the 3 Guild districts contain 25 plots. The singular public district will also have 25 plots. If any of the Guild districts drop below a population of 10, they are at risk of losing access to their district. They will be unable to pay their rent, and thus will lose their houses in 2 weeks unless their population crosses the 10 member threshold.

Town: 200 total plots. Each of the 3 Guild districts contain 50 plots. The singular public district will also have 50 plots. If any of the Guild districts drop below a population of 25, they are at risk of losing access to their district. They will be unable to pay their rent, and thus will lose their houses in 2 weeks unless their population crosses the 25 member threshold.

City: 300 total plots. Each of the 3 Guild districts contain 75 plots. The singular public district will also have 75 plots. If any of the Guild districts drop below a population of 50, they are at risk of losing access to their district. They will be unable to pay their rent, and thus will lose their houses in 2 weeks unless their population crosses the 50 member threshold.

Why have up to 300 people all in one town when we can live in our separate towns and manage them ourselves like we do now?

I feel like having different groups of players work together to build up a single village would really tighten bonds across the community. Villages would truly feel like sprawling cities with folks from all sorts of affiliations working as a single unit. Guilds have become too reclusive nowadays, and public towns are underdeveloped and in abundance. This system will effectively collapse up to 5 villages worth of population in our current system, down into 1. Even the hamlets have 100 residents and are perfect for the smaller family type Guilds that aren't interested in bulking their numbers enough to retain a private town. Now, they can have their own private district and still work as part of something bigger. Guilds will still have their own districts within the Village to govern as they see fit - so it is a net gain on all sides.

Real Estate: When a Guild loses access to their private district, and once all members' houses have been removed, that district becomes open real estate. Villages that have private districts ready for a Guild to claim the land have this information displayed on the villages viewing list. These empty private districts are open real estate, and a Guild can claim them by accessing that district's notice board and selecting the claim button. If the Guild meets the member requirements for that type of village, then they provide the real estate fee, which consists of gold and materials. Once the claim has been processed, the Guild will have ownership of that district, and will keep ownership so long as they meet the membership requirements. I think this system is much better than the current one where players need to send in a customer support ticket and wait weeks for the developers to look through and ensure everything is solid before converting the town private. It takes times from both ends, developers & players, leaving neither satisfied with the process. Better to have an automated system.

Layout: Allow villages to select one of various layout options. These will change the physical structure of the village - perhaps a circular layout, or a box layout for example.

Politics

As of now politics are limited to voting for who you want to serve as mayor of the village. The mayor has access to a few permissions such as vault access, environmental features and rank privileges. It is a fairly underdeveloped aspect of villages that could use some improvement. In this system, each of the 4 housing districts has one elected mayor. They have responsibility and permissions control over those that live within their district. When campaigning for election, mayors must select an affiliation that cannot be changed once registered. If the mayor desires to change their affiliation, they must reset their campaign, which will not change the election deadline, but will reset all votes that went towards that player.

Once elected, the 4 mayors of the 4 districts are able to vote on the focus of the overall village which will be displayed for all on the village viewing list so players can find the village that not only suits their size, but their play-style.

Heroic: Heroic villages will provide perks and boosts to hero type activities such as bonus combat EXP, loot rarity increase and stat boosts. These villages are the perfect homes for combat oriented players and are likely the ones that focus on hero type projects.

Crafting: Crafter type villages will provide perks and boosts to village type activities such as bonus crafting & gathering EXP, mote find chance and mote reduction. These villages are the perfect homes for crafters & gatherers and are likely the ones that focus on crafting & gathering station projects.

Farming: Farmer villages will provide perks and boosts to gardening & ranching type activities such as bonus crops, faster crop growth and bonus ranching harvest. These villages are the perfect homes for farmers and are likely the ones that are focused on farmer type projects.

Economic: Economic focused village will provide perks and boosts to merchant activities such as crafting cost decrease, bonus gold from selling to vendors and increase gold production from harvests. These villages are the perfect homes for merchant type players and are likely the ones that focus on economic projects.

Now in terms of permissions for each individual mayor. Similar to how the current mayor system works, the mayors of each district in this city will be able to grant access to that district's vault, adjust rank permissions, change the layout and vote to evict. Vault raiders and troublemakers are rare cases in V&H, but they can easily cause turmoil and chaos within well regulated villages. Villages can evict an individual if 3 out of 4 mayors agree.

Village Projects

Village projects in their current iteration are fine, but I have a few gripes with them. They feel too grindy, change tasks too quickly and the boards are cluttered all across the village as to make donating a chore. I suggest a revamped project system that will streamline the entire process.

Central Donation Board: Instead of each project having its own dedicated board, I suggest one single central donation board located in the central district of the village. Residents would visit this board flip through the various tabs - one for each project - and drop in their donations for whichever project they desire.

Ranking Up: No more daily tasks. Rather than having different categories to donate to every 22 hours, each rank will have a set amount of materials that are needed to rank up. Once all the various materials have been filled, the project will advance. It's that simple. So for example, the forge's rank 1 would ask for:
  • 20,000 ingots of any level
  • 40,000 ore of any level
  • 10,000 timber of any level
  • 5,000 leather of any level
  • 500 gold
The numbers above are examples and could easily be adjusted for balance reasons. The benefits of this simpler project process is that residents can easily keep track of which projects are asking for which materials, and work together to plan their donations. In the current system the 22 hour daily is simply to draw out the length of the projects. It becomes a grind having to recheck the boards every day, with not enough time to collect materials to budge the bar by any significant amount. This replacement system of set materials is easier to plan for. Every 24 hours the projects list will show the amount of progress that was made in the past day, so residents can decide where they should focus their efforts.

Construction Period: To avoid projects completing too quickly, every project has a construction period after each rank up. This is a couple of days of construction time where nothing can be donated to the project.

Project Scaling: Hamlets would require less materials than towns, which would require less materials than cities. Since there are fewer players in those villages, it is for balancing purposes.

Rewards: As of now the top 3 contributors to a project will receive a 'shout-out' when the project ranks up. That's all well and good... but sort of pointless in terms of incentivizing players to donate. Projects should instead reward players based upon how much they donated. Experience for donations is great! However, perhaps limited time bonus EXP for a crafting station, or motes & supply delivery for gathering station - the size of the reward scales with however much the player donated.

Districts

Rather than scatter everything throughout the village in a random fashion, all villages have assorted districts. Projects and activities that are related to a certain district can be found there. Think of districts as extensions of the village, like Lakeside / Borough, but each with their own specific theme and content. Every village has the following districts available to them:
  • Central District: This holds the political and general stations
  • Heroes District: This has all hero related stations
  • Crafting District: This has all crafting related stations
  • Gathering District: This has all gathering related stations
  • Farmers District: This has all farmer related stations.
  • Merchant District: This has all economic related stations
  • Housing District: There are 4 housing districts within each village (3 private ones and 1 public one).
Central District

The central district is where political buildings and general stations can be located.

Town Hall: The Town Hall contains all of the general information regarding a village. Layout, size, population, roster, political focus, mayors and more. The information on the Town Hall will be located in each resident's village window as it currently works in game - thus, their main purpose is to provide information to non-residents who are scoping out which village they'd like to reside in.

Notice Board: Directly next to the town hall is a notice board. Any important policies or procedures are written here by the 4 district mayors. Once again, all village residents will have access to this information on the fly via their village window - thus its main purpose is to provide information to non-residents regarding the rules of the village.

Project Board: View the status of all projects throughout the village and donate materials.

Library: Players can enter the library and relax - reading books of lore or writing stories themselves for other villagers to peruse. Libraries are not separate instances. They are buildings that the player can walk in/out of without loading into a new zone. Think of the Trader's Tavern in Trader's Path.

Tavern: Drink ale and share wild tales with your neighbors in the Tavern. Dance a jig to the lively band or play games such as dice or cards. Place bets, win - or lose - honest coin and drink your shame away with some more ale.

Inn: If a Village is full, players can reserve spots by staying at the inn. They will not have access to farming, ranching and other housing specific features, but will be able to use all village stations and benefits while also being reserved for housing openings.

Festivals: Whenever an Event Zone arrives to the game, a festival NPC will provide information regarding the event zone, and have a portal to the event zone right there. It's a little portion of the town that is decorated for the various events / seasons.

Soilworks: Unlock additional terrain options for the general village districts. The 4 district mayors are able to vote on which soil is utilized.

Arboretum: Unlock additional foliage options for the general village districts. The 4 district mayors are able to vote on which foliage is utilized.

Empyrean Machine: Unlock additional sky options for the general village districts. The 4 district mayors are able to vote on which sky is utilized.

Cosmetics: General cosmetic projects such as statues, buildings, greenery etc. that can be placed around the village at preset locations.

Heroes District

The heroes district contains all combat type activities and projects.

Training Grounds: Build up training grounds for access to target dummies and unique daily quests. Complete the daily combat challenge from the training grounds to gain a limited duration combat based perk. Additional ranks can include an NPC that resets talents for free, and attack dummies for players who wish to test their defenses.

Events Yard: A wide open yard for player-made events. Play hide & seek, tag, host workshops, races and other tournaments. Additional ranks can unlock NPCs that will provide limited time event items, such as limited use eggs for dodge-ball, invisibility potions, unique toys for other mini-games and more.

Class Halls: Each of the 4 classes have their own respective halls. Within them, players can learn about various spells, talents and abilities or sift through potential gear and outfit styles. Residents can write and post guides for their fellow villagers.

Outposts: Upgrade the outpost project to gain strategic outposts throughout the combat zones of V&H. These outposts have vaults and salvage vendors for players to restock their supplies and sell equipment. Additional ranks will unlock outposts in higher and higher level combat zones.

Dungeon: Each Village has one instanced dungeon that they can fully customize with creatures, traps, furniture, quest dialogue, boss battles and rewards! Players can visit other village's dungeons with their neighbors and attempt to complete them.

Invasion: Invasion is a full-fledged game-mode heavily inspired by the Capital Siege mode in my world design thread. It is a new instanced version of the village without any of the stations functionality. Players have to hold back against waves of monsters as they attempt to swarm and take over the village. Build traps and fortifications using crafting to turn the tide of battle.

Caravans: Sent from merchant district to merchant district across the various villages, caravans contains resources that can be shared among villages. These caravans are often at risk of bandits and monsters though! Heroes need to find and escort them as they travel across the realms. Ensure they come to no harm to earn experience and discounts. The less damage they take, the more goods are available. Caravans not only provide resources to the merchant district, but also grant supply boosts to COG vendors and increased sell value to charter vendors among other benefits.

Crafters District

All crafting related stations and activities can be found here.

Forge: Upgrade the forge to gain increased crafting speed, experience, output and more. When villagers craft near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social crafting.

Lumber Yard: Upgrade the lumber yard to gain increased crafting speed, experience, output and more. When villagers craft near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social crafting.

Tailory: Upgrade the tailory to gain increased crafting speed, experience, output and more. When villagers craft near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social crafting.

Kitchen: Upgrade the kitchen to gain increased crafting speed, experience, output and more. When villagers craft near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social crafting.

Gear Station: Input gear within the gear station to enhance it. The gear station can also be used to replace a specific stat on a piece of gear with another randomized stat for a gold fee. Players can keep pumping in gold and attempt to get the perfect combination of stats on their gear.

Gatherers District

The gathering district contains all of the gathering related stations and activities.

Sugar Mill: All nodes are already unlimited. No more upgrading for increased node capacity as that is pointless. No more village / natural materials. No more stocking naturals in the bins. Instead, all nodes in the village are unlimited similar to those in the wild. Upgrading the stations provide perks that apply to nodes everywhere (just like crafting stations do) such as increased lucky find chance, mote find, supply find and batch size. When villagers gather near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social gathering.

Seedling Nursery: All nodes are already unlimited. No more upgrading for increased node capacity as that is pointless. No more village / natural materials. No more stocking naturals in the bins. Instead, all nodes in the village are unlimited similar to those in the wild. Upgrading the stations provide perks that apply to nodes everywhere (just like crafting stations do) such as increased lucky find chance, mote find, supply find and batch size. When villagers gather near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social gathering.

Fish Hatchery: All nodes are already unlimited. No more upgrading for increased node capacity as that is pointless. No more village / natural materials. No more stocking naturals in the bins. Instead, all nodes in the village are unlimited similar to those in the wild. Upgrading the stations provide perks that apply to nodes everywhere (just like crafting stations do) such as increased lucky find chance, mote find, supply find and batch size. When villagers gather near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social gathering.

Geology Lab: All nodes are already unlimited. No more upgrading for increased node capacity as that is pointless. No more village / natural materials. No more stocking naturals in the bins. Instead, all nodes in the village are unlimited similar to those in the wild. Upgrading the stations provide perks that apply to nodes everywhere (just like crafting stations do) such as increased lucky find chance, mote find, supply find and batch size. When villagers gather near each other they also gain stat boosts. This is to promote social gathering.

Wellspring: A repeatable project that provides a randomized buff to all village residents for 3 days.

COG Depot: Unlocks COG NPCs for supplies and exchanges.

Charter Station: Unlocks a charter NPC.

Farmers District

The farming district contains all of the farming related stations and activities.

Community Garden: A gigantic garden plot where players can grow and harvest each others crops. No level restrictions! So a level 10 gardener can harvest a level 90 exotic. Share herbs, potion veggies and flowers among villagers. Grow rare exotic herbs exclusive to the garden. Increase the project rank for additional plot size as well as perks to household gardens such as bonus crop yield, EXP rate, growth speed and more.

Barn: Buy and sell animals among your villagers. Don't want that level 90 chicken? Sell it off to your neighbor! This unlocks a whole new economic ranching aspect of raising and selling animals. Additional project ranks will provide perks for household ranches such as material output, EXP boost, and more.

Stables: A stable similar to the one in Lake Kiwa. Save up gold for the exclusive mounts! Rent your mounts to other players for a gold fee. Buy & exchange mount designs, armor, decorations and clothing. Buy / sell pets and pet perks.

Water-Well: Increase the amount of water gained when gathering from a well.

Merchants District

The merchants district contains all of the economic related stations and activities.

Vendors: This is my concept of how the economy should be. An entirely player run market-place, where NPC vendors provide the infrastructure. Villages can build vendor booths that will each contain a specialized vendor. These vendors are stocked with items by the village residents based on the category of the item. Players from other villages come and mingle within each others' marketplace to buy goods and resources.
  • Alchemist: Contains all potions and drams
  • Bakery: Contains all food related consumables
  • Blacksmith: Contains all ore and ingot related materials.
  • Carpenter: Contains all wood and timber related materials.
  • Cook: Contains all fish and oil related materials
  • Tailor: Contains all silkworm and cloth related materials
  • Herbalist: Contains all garden related materials
  • Farmhand: Contains all ranch related materials
  • Armor Smith: Contains all armor
  • Weapon Smith: Contains all weaponry
  • etc: And so on and so forth for any other categories.
Private Booths: Wealthy players can even open up their own booths and stalls, and build a brand for themselves. Select prices, discounts, have special sales and announcements throughout all the villages.

Traveling Merchants: Special NPCs that are not player-stocked are attracted to booming markets, and will provide rare and exclusive resources at discount prices for residents.

Trade Routes: Work with ally villages to establish trade routes. Earn perks such as bonus materials from gathering if trade routes pass through certain nodes.

Salvage Yard: Unlocks a salvage vendor. Additional ranks will increase the yield of using a salvage rod as well as increases the gold payout of selling to vendors.

Trash Compactor: One player's trash is another player's treasure. Players can dump unwanted items into the trash compactor - anything from quest items, to medallions, to junk gear etc. The compactor will in turn turn their lemons into lemonade. Providing charter tokens, COG coins, or gold (at a very limited quantity).

Bank: Players can invest gold, earn interest, loan gold and more from the bank. This is an entirely player-run feature, where the game provides the infrastructure. It connects across all villages.

Red Doubloon: Build this project to enlist the Red Doubloon NPC.

Barber: Build this project to enlist a barber! Change hairstyles, facial hair, hair color and more. Additional ranks unlock new appearances.

Housing District

The housing district contains all of the housing related stations and activities.

Layout: Each mayor can select the layout of their own district. This includes housing layout, environment, terrain, foliage and sky.

Mailbox: Mailbox in front of each house. Just an aesthetic touch.

Notice Board: A district specific notice board. Add rules, policies, event timings etc.

Guild Hall: Reserved for private Guild districts, Guild halls contain special Guild services and information.

Community Vault: Unique to each district, community vaults have 10 tabs to share items between citizens.

Housing System

The current state of our housing system is limited. A small quantity of housing customization, a vault, garden and ranch. A good foundation that can be built on.

Plot System: For housing I suggest a plot based system. Players have a certain amount of plots where they can add pre-determined categories of items. Many games with housing decoration follow this specific design to avoid strange collisions and glitches with furniture.

Exterior Design: Players have 5 plots at the exterior of their home. They can select 5 things to fill those plots such as:
  • Garden
  • Ranch
  • Vendors
  • Target Dummy
  • Pool
  • Teleporter
  • Mini-games
  • Vault
  • Crafting station
  • Gathering node
  • etc.
Interior Design: Players can craft furniture, decorate with trophies, hang up gear, draw paintings, store books and more. These items can be placed in preset locations throughout the house. Players can redesign the layout of their house, to up to 3 stories + a basement. These are instanced zones and players can visit each others houses.

Organizations

Organizations go beyond villages. These are alliances of players that can spread throughout all villages. Organizations have their own exclusive chat channel, mail system and hierarchy. Players can only belong to one organization.

Fellowship of Heroes: Work with other heroes to plan bounty runs, dungeon raids, invasion defenses and elder hunts! The Fellowship of Heroes have their own daily and weekly quests which will earn them perks.

Crafters Coalition: Work with other crafters to construct gear, earn specializations, trade resources and plan crystal parties. The Crafters Coalition have their own daily and weekly quests which will earn them perks.

Gatherers Lodge: Work with other gatherers to obtain resources, distribute materials, share buffs and discover nodes. The Gatherers Lodge have their own daily and weekly quests which will earn them perks.

Farmers Union: Work with other farmers to trade animals, sell crops and barter for produce. The Farmer's Union have their own daily and weekly quests which will earn them perks.

Merchants League: Work with other merchants to establish trade routes, setup vendors, organize booths and plan sales. The Merchants League have their own daily and weekly quests which will earn them perks.
Really like most of the ideas. As a new player, I am a bit sad to see so much potential wasted. Villages are an amazing idea, but most villages are dead & if some are motivated to contribute, they are a bit alone. Something should be done so village becomes really part of the game for everyone. Many of those ideas go towards that.

Also some kind of battles between villages would be nice. Or challenges. Idk but villages were my biggest disappointment & frustration. So much potential to the point of really wanting to love it, but not enough incentives to motivate players to play in their village. Most villages from what I hear & see are ghost towns. ;-(.

Also some would love contributing, but hard when only 3 players contribute. Villages need to really become part of the game & not just be a feature among others. Not many changes are needed to have amazing active villages. Hope devs will come up with something in a soon update. As a new player, game will be so much more attractive if system was better built. Those suggestions are nice & many more can be nice too. Base is already there to build something amazing.

Reactions: Paranoia
  • Likex1

MrFrost

Wizard
Characters
MrFrost
Platform
Android
Wonderful ideas! Much thought put into this. Even if not all I believe many parts of this should be implemented. Great job!

Gewel

Hunter
Platform
PC
I would like more variety of things we can add to Seedling Nursery project. Other things have more of a variety.

Calida

Great Adventurer
Characters
Calida, Helaine, Alarise
Platform
Steam
I know that currently, most do not even touch village chat, but I feel like with such a big change to the village system this might prompt more players to take advantage of the chat, and might overcrowd it if they live in one of the cities. Would there be a chat per district? Or is there another way that can balance this large number of players all talking in the same chat?
Another potential problem is room for growth. If there is a set amount of cities, towns, and hamlets, then I can see the cities easily being taken over by some of the bigger guilds in the game currently, leaving very small opportunities for smaller guilds to grow and expand. Would hamlets and towns be able to be expanded to a city? And if so, doesn't that run into the same issues that the devs had pre-Wellspring, with the Lakeside and Graveyard districts being locked?

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I know that currently, most do not even touch village chat, but I feel like with such a big change to the village system this might prompt more players to take advantage of the chat, and might overcrowd it if they live in one of the cities. Would there be a chat per district? Or is there another way that can balance this large number of players all talking in the same chat?
Yes, there could be a district chat and an overall village chat if needed. However, since some of the districts are Guild owned, they already have their own Guild chat so it may get redundant.

Another potential problem is room for growth. If there is a set amount of cities, towns, and hamlets, then I can see the cities easily being taken over by some of the bigger guilds in the game currently, leaving very small opportunities for smaller guilds to grow and expand. Would hamlets and towns be able to be expanded to a city? And if so, doesn't that run into the same issues that the devs had pre-Wellspring, with the Lakeside and Graveyard districts being locked?
They would not expand.