What Class / Spec should Diet play on the Let's Play livestream?

• Lightning Warrior

• Fury Warrior

• Holy Priest

• Shadow Priest

• Nature Hunter

• Marksman Hunter

• Fire Wizard

• Ice Wizard

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.

FaunaG

Priestess
Characters
FaunaG, Fion, FGWar, FaunaG Wi
Platform
PC
aww sad I wont be able to join in but ill watch the streams! have a great time!

Characters
loOvOo
Platform
iOS, PC
I’m wondering how you guys decided your choice. The spec u love most, the spec u think hardest to start with or something else?:D

vpy

Reader
Characters
Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
Would love you to see either Shadow Priest or MM Hunter as you will experience the pain points first hand.

See my poll in General Discussion

Characters
Frostalite and Herocrusher
Platform
Android, PC
@IoOvOo. I voted for ice wiz, my main and favorite. I would like to see in order to learn something new or maybe I'm using a feat wrong or not efficiently.

Platform
PC
I’m wondering how you guys decided your choice. The spec u love most, the spec u think hardest to start with or something else?:D
My choice is based on an alt that I have. She's been sitting at lvl 70 since starfall landed. I've tried to play her, but I absolutely hate it....so, I want to see what someone else does with it. :)

Platform
iOS
I chose Shadow Priest as that is what my main is. I’ve heard a lot of people say shadow is too hard, they don’t like shadow. I got to a point where I agreed, and almost changed to holy. But I kept trying different gear and stats, and I love her now. She is pure shadow, and I’m glad I found a build I can play and enjoy.

Characters
Instant Karma, Boot II
Platform
Steam
Last edited
I chose Shadow Priest as that is what my main is. I’ve heard a lot of people say shadow is too hard, they don’t like shadow. I got to a point where I agreed, and almost changed to holy.
I also chose Shadow Priest.
I used to be a hybrid Shadow Priest before wellspring but, unlike Mystic River, I did change to holy.
I've seen any number of discussions of Shadow Priests.

The consensus seems to be:
Shadow Priest is pretty good at higher levels with near max weapons, armor and socket boosts.
Starting out, and at lower levels, its a very tough road!

My second preference would be Nature Hunter.
Whatever character is actually played, I would like to see (store bought) sockets are not used too soon with a lower level toon.
(IMO a typical new player wouldn't use them)

Best regards

Characters
Instant Karma, Boot II
Platform
Steam
I chose based on what most people, including myself, find difficult to play.

Would love you to see either Shadow Priest or MM Hunter as you will experience the pain points first hand.

I really doubt the guy who designed the classes would have any difficulty or pain playing any sub-class.
I just wish to learn how to play these particular sub-classes properly, as intended, as I think you and everyone else does.
I am really looking forward to this!

Best regards

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC

It's interesting to see that the top two choices of subclasses for Diet to play are the two that were voted most underwhelming on Vpy's poll.

My original vote on Diet's poll was for shadow priest (my highest lvl toon, whom I absolutely love (especially since the balance changes a few months ago!) and feel is lacking respect and understanding, above all else. Basically, I wanted everyone to see how that subclass runs in the hands of someone who knows what the heck they're doing! (I feel that the shadow priest is more misunderstood than anything. People try playing this subclass and don't watch the refresh on the DOT icons. That is absolutely essential!! SKAAVEEK said it elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here: You don't want to fire off shadow orbs until you have enough DOT feats ticking away. If you're using sockets, you have a bigger choice of DOT feats to use. If you're not using sockets yet, you may be better off waiting for the first DOT feat you used to finish refreshing, and use it again, before attempting to detonate all your DOT's with shadow orbs!)

I then briefly changed my vote to lightning warrior (my least-played toon), primarily to illustrate how boring and slow-going it is atm playing that subclass. (Soooo looking forward to the big patch changing that!!) Yes, I would have happily looked at how Diet might choose to balance the low level LW's need to solo vs. group combat. That would have been of interest to me.

I have a nature hunter, and my hunter is so high lvl and has at least 4 full vaults of rebirth gear. (She's currently lvl 82.) So, I'm NOT planning to switch to marksman hunter! I love my nature hunter & wouldn't switch subclasses if you paid me. The subclass suits me well. I wouldn't object to seeing how another player runs a marksman hunter (even though I have a general idea, from talking to a high-lvl guildie.) However, when I saw that the vote was nearly tied between marksman hunter and shadow priest, I became much less interested in watching Diet run a lightning warrior! :p

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
I have a small sentence. Let the Diet when it plays will use all 10 skills of its own specialization. And it uses only the skills of its own specialization and not the other. He he he.:p:p:p

Aernak

Lumineer
Characters
Aernak, Karametra, Yondalla
Platform
iOS
I chose the one I enjoy the least, to see if there is something I am missing.

Characters
Daniel Fortesque
Platform
PC
Now that everything is decided, I can say it:
If Diet had used a Lightning Warrior, it would take him one month just to arrive at Ardent. :D

Diet

Mad Otter Games
Developer
We ended up doing a random class / spec generator, using the poll as a data input. Meaning the more votes something got, the higher chance it had to win. We then hit the button and out came Fire Wizard! Closing this thread for now. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.