SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
With the servers down I have to get my V&H itch somehow! In the past I used to very much enjoy creating guides, but have not worked on any for quite a while now.

What guides would you like to see?

Some example ideas include a gear guide, class builds, guild guide and zone routes such as Depths, Drom or Creation Caves.

Long term projects I have been considering developing a web application which will act as a V&H gear calculator. You will be able to select from a list of all craftable items, enter a quantity for each, and it will display a list of all base materials needed for your crafting session.

Any other ideas or suggestions please post!

Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
I would be overjoyed to see some kind of gear guide. The easiest way for me now is to ask around and everyone is so proud (rightfully) of their own builds, but they have not necessarily tried other builds and, as we all know, each character needs something just a little bit different based on their playing style. A gear calculator to go along with that would be wonderful.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I would be overjoyed to see some kind of gear guide. The easiest way for me now is to ask around and everyone is so proud (rightfully) of their own builds, but they have not necessarily tried other builds and, as we all know, each character needs something just a little bit different based on their playing style. A gear calculator to go along with that would be wonderful.
I agree! I'll get started on a gear guide today, thanks for the input :)

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I would like to see a build guide with how different runes might affect a build. Maybe a standard build and what would improve it.
That's a great idea, I'll add it to my list! I am considering delaying build guides until the new update comes out, as it will be adding / changing several talents & spells. It depends on how far away it is - but definitely I will get to it at some point :)

Characters
Caraldor / Loxana / Sir Luther
Platform
iOS, PC
I'd like to see a crafting locations guide. Don't know how many times I'd be out gathering, and not wanting to travel far to craft something. So for me it might be nice to have a map of what crafters are located in what zones. Kinda like a crafting version of the gathering website, link which I seem to have lost again....

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I'd like to see a crafting locations guide. Don't know how many times I'd be out gathering, and not wanting to travel far to craft something. So for me it might be nice to have a map of what crafters are located in what zones. Kinda like a crafting version of the gathering website, link which I seem to have lost again....
Sure, something like that sounds doable! I was planning on creating a full villager guide with information on buffs, villager stats and other related topics, so I can fit that in. Most likely that will begin once the game is up!

I think the gear calculator and zone routes are of most interest to me. ((I so often get LOST, and I really don't like math!) :p
Which zones in particular do you or you feel others have the most trouble with? Also, what is the best recommended format for routes of Depths / Drom. Perhaps a video tour?

Thanks both for input

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I find Depths much harder than Drom. (A guildie typed out a zone route for Drom, which I used countless times until I memorized the zone pretty well.) I do just fine in the dungeon area of Depths. I've had the order of those portals memorized for about 4 years now. LOL I'm constantly improving my knowledge of Depths, but it's literally taken me FOUR YEARS to learn that zone as well as I know it now! Just last year, I was finally able to pretty consistently make my way from the telepad to the bee fields. Major progress there!! :p

The recent remodel of Depths (along with the drastically increased visible distance) has been a blessing. Perhaps screenshots of key locations within the zone might help people with Depths? (I think that was what really helped me learn the zone...eventually....Recognizing certain locations within the zone and being able to orient or reorient myself from them. The part in the zone where I still get horribly lost is down in the water, near all the trungus. LOL I can never remember which ramp leading up out of the water actually takes you where I want to go! Now, every time I get lost in that zone, it's swimming around, down in the water, in that one area of the zone -- which is a GREAT improvement in comparison to how many areas of the zone I used to get lost in!) :ROFLMAO:

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Oh, and it's been ages since I last saw it, but I recall someone creating a video tour of Drom about a year ago, around the time of the ios launch. And I think there was an EU player who created a YouTube route of a speedy route through the zone.

A video of Depths would probably be good, especially if it showed how to get from the portal to the telepad, and then picked up the Waterfall quest & walked you through that, too. (Having to redo that quest after every rebirth, on all 4 of my toons, is the #1 reason why my abilities to find my way around MOST of Depths has improved so much!)

Characters
Instant Karma, Boot II
Platform
Steam
Great idea!!

I find Depths much harder than Drom.
I'll be blunt. I HATE both zones!!!
Any and all help navigating those zones is greatly appreciated.

Regards

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
Oh, and it's been ages since I last saw it, but I recall someone creating a video tour of Drom about a year ago, around the time of the ios launch. And I think there was an EU player who created a YouTube route of a speedy route through the zone.

A video of Depths would probably be good, especially if it showed how to get from the portal to the telepad, and then picked up the Waterfall quest & walked you through that, too. (Having to redo that quest after every rebirth, on all 4 of my toons, is the #1 reason why my abilities to find my way around MOST of Depths has improved so much!)
Sounds like a good idea - when the servers are up I'll try and get out a video with a full guide for both.

Drom: How to get to the Pad > As well as how to run the zone with the least amount of jumps possible

Depths: How to get to the Pad > How to complete the Tongues quest > How to run the zone

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Platform
PC
Sounds like a good idea - when the servers are up I'll try and get out a video with a full guide for both.

Drom: How to get to the Pad > As well as how to run the zone with the least amount of jumps possible

Depths: How to get to the Pad > How to complete the Tongues quest > How to run the zone
If you haven't already done so, scroll up and look at Jenny's post. (I had no idea that those videos were already created and linked on the Wiki!)

That being said, a zone route for Depths with all the bounties, done efficiently (assuming that the player already has the telepad and teleporters) would probably still be a useful video. Not so sure whether another Drom video would still be helpful, but if you have a different route, an alternative video could still be handy. :)

Characters
BashaDrake, Elmeti
Platform
Android
Yes to Drom! The only video I found was filled with jumps ( many not strictly needed) . Even running and pausing the video on my TV while doing the zone it took me a couple hours, mostly due to falling and needing to go back to the teleport spot and start over there.