Which specs are underwhelming in your opinion ? (CHOOSE TWO)

• Fury Warrior

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Lightning Warrior

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Fire Wizard

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Ice Wizard

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Marksmen Hunter

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Nature Hunter

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Shadow Priest

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Holy Priest

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vpy

Reader
Characters
Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
As the question states which specs do you believe need some lovin' from the devs and are pretty underwhelming when played by you.
Be totally opinionated and feel free to interpret "underwhelming" with stat(s) of your choosing like survivability, dps, clunkiness of combat etc.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
I've only heard shadow priest's are underwhelming, but since i don't have a high level one can't really tell. Warriors seem fine, Wizards and Hunters too

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Having played every class and sub-class, I would agree that shadow priest was the least impressive, but I admit I have not done that much combat for a while, so my input is not very up to date.

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
As the question states which specs do you believe need some lovin' from the devs and are pretty underwhelming when played by you.
Be totally opinionated and feel free to interpret "underwhelming" with stat(s) of your choosing like survivability, dps, clunkiness of combat etc.
I have found the shadow priest to be one of the highest damage output classes in the game - if played properly. They are centered around maximizing mana stats, and detonating your DoTs when the time is right. It's important not to cast one or two DoTs and detonate just because the others are not refreshed yet. Rather, cast your available DoTs and increase your tick counter for your other shadow ultimate (the name eludes my right now) and conserve the detonation for maximum potential output and mana efficiency. There are of course additional tactics beyond the scope of detonation mechanic, but it plays a very large role.

I have found each of the specializations to be enjoyable, but have also noticed some have spells which could be adjusted or improved. The classes are balanced for the most part, where each has a niche role. If I had to choose a spec that I felt was underwhelming I would likely select Marksman hunter. Not that I find it to be weak in comparison to others, just that I would rather see a greater focus on traps which would be a unique and dynamic mechanic to bring to the battlefield. For example, laying a trip-wire across a specific area and luring monsters across it - or using a dummy to draw the attention of monsters while you hit them from behind for bonus damage.

All in all each of the specializations are well built, but there is always room for new and interesting mechanics.

Giruv

Citizen
Characters
Verrier
Platform
PC
So far i think marksman hunter is the most underwhelming, because it doesn't really have anything special compared to nature hunter and the dps is just inferior to nature hunter too. For shadow priest it is pretty bad at low levels but later on when you're fully socketed Shadow priest has the highest damage output if done right and if you're not that unlucky with the detonate.

Zazie

BRA Member
Royal Guardian
Characters
Zazie, Shiny, Skip, Auntie
Platform
PC
I'm amused to see how underwhelmed everyone tends to be with the shadow priest. Mine is high lvl, 4x rebirthed, uses plenty of sockets, and she's mighty powerful (particularly shines in event zones, as long as the fights don't drag on forever and a day though!) LOL

I feel that shadow priests get a bad rep from players who try it out, and yet don't acquire the necessary feats. (I simply cannot imagine playing a shadow priest without having the crafted shadow orbs rune on my mace, for example!) It may be true, however, that more than any other class, the shadow priest really benefits from reinforcement runes, 5 star crafting, and heavy socket use! :p

Donut

Swindle
Characters
Donut King
Platform
iOS, PC
Last edited
I think ANY of the classes/subclasses can be underwhelming if the build is not good. And by the same token ANY of them can be extreemly powerful with the right build and a player that knows how to play it expertly.
I agree with this. Most people aren’t able to really become masters of their class until they hit max level once. This is an uncompetitive game and a majority of the pve content you can get by with any stats/build/talents/feats. However, once they go into a dungeon/event boss zone, players will realize that the overall performance on scaled content will be less because scaled content performance does depend on your overall build.

I voted for marksman hunter because I feel that the talents and their ultimates aren’t par with other subclasses.

An ultimate id like to see on a marksman hunter for the 35 point talent ultimate instead of the ability power increase per second would be void strike procs at 30% at +50% dmg or something. Because they are marksman! They are accurate they deserve to have that huge boost in damage for how dexterous they are.

Platform
Android, PC
Just looking at the numbers, shadow priest DPS should be off the charts. Haven't see a high level shadow priest in action, though. (and on top of it, you get access to self-cure and could have room to slot in a little heal for backup.) I think what might reduce the expected abundance of shadow priests is that groups need/want a healer, so you end up specced that way instead.

TnarG

Arch Wizard
Characters
RedtheRonin, SirSpeedy, TnarG
Platform
Android, PC
I read this post some time ago. these are my thoughts on my MARKSMAN HUNTER.
It's a great class, but very challenging. Its a difficult class for beginners especially. I personally started with this class when the lvl cap was 55.
the mix of combat attacks are nice and cover all the bases. the difficulty comes with the timing and especially the Murder attack.
Timing:
for the hunter, every attack is a slow start attack. there is a delay in the draw of the bow for every attack. every class has these and larger attacks tend to have a longer delay time; however, with the hunter its every attack.
the damage seems to only occur when the arrow hits. from a distance, i'm hitting my 3rd attack before my 1st attack lands. so i'm constantly having to think 3 shots ahead.
this leads into,
Murder:
This is a great attack and one that i personally call a "hammer". with the hunters low armor and no way to add a shield, the "hammer" attack really is important for close combat. However, its only effective at 30% bounty health or lower. if used while bounty is above 30%, its barely better than a standard missile attack.
when you bring the two of these items together is a perfect storm of slim margin of a correct hit.
the Markman Hunter is unique in the classes with dash, ability to attack on the run, all damage is instant except one (wounding shot); and, all attacks work from distance (helps killing in cliffs and mountains).
i think the class does need some refinement and hope this opens up this discussion again. any thoughts?
SirSpeedy
RedtheRonin
US3

SKAAVVEEK

Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
See Signature
Platform
PC
I read this post some time ago. these are my thoughts on my MARKSMAN HUNTER.
It's a great class, but very challenging. Its a difficult class for beginners especially. I personally started with this class when the lvl cap was 55.
the mix of combat attacks are nice and cover all the bases. the difficulty comes with the timing and especially the Murder attack.
Timing:
for the hunter, every attack is a slow start attack. there is a delay in the draw of the bow for every attack. every class has these and larger attacks tend to have a longer delay time; however, with the hunter its every attack.
the damage seems to only occur when the arrow hits. from a distance, i'm hitting my 3rd attack before my 1st attack lands. so i'm constantly having to think 3 shots ahead.
this leads into,
Murder:
This is a great attack and one that i personally call a "hammer". with the hunters low armor and no way to add a shield, the "hammer" attack really is important for close combat. However, its only effective at 30% bounty health or lower. if used while bounty is above 30%, its barely better than a standard missile attack.
when you bring the two of these items together is a perfect storm of slim margin of a correct hit.
the Markman Hunter is unique in the classes with dash, ability to attack on the run, all damage is instant except one (wounding shot); and, all attacks work from distance (helps killing in cliffs and mountains).
i think the class does need some refinement and hope this opens up this discussion again. any thoughts?
SirSpeedy
RedtheRonin
US3
Marksman Hunter seems like the only class without any actual 'theme' around them. All other classes have a specific role or type that is easily distinguishable. I'd like to see Marksman hunters lean a bit more towards a crowd control spec. Provide them some neat new abilities such as nets, trip-wires, spikes and lures. They could place these around the battlefield which would provide an entirely new dynamic to conflicts - player & enemy positioning - . Allow them to swap between ranged & close combat similar to the shaman. Rather than a bow & arrow, give them a cross-bow which has a longer draw but much more impact. Implement neat abilities such as a rapid-fire stance, where they are unable to move but can shoot rapidly with increased critical strike. Close combat stance will cause them to stash their cross-bow and draw duel-wielded daggers, for quick strikes and bleeding damage.

High Inquisitor

Master Villager
Characters
High Inquisitor
Platform
Android
im think need delete streight and will in gear statistic(hp and mana regen).Ok will mb need,but hp regen is veeeeeeeeeerryyyy low,and im voite for delete streight(hp regen in gears statistics)