Which among these (choose two) are best for solo leveling ?

• Water Shaman

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Earth Shaman

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Holy Priest

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Shadow Priest

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Lightning Warrior

• Fury Warrior

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Nature Hunter

• Marksman Hunter

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Fire Wizard

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Ice Wizard

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nurav

Citizen
Platform
iOS, Android
I am new to this game.
I am mostly solo player interested in doing only solo content/quests/auction/crafting etc.
I did my research of VH and found that there are 10 unique builds across 5 classes.
Which among these (choose two) are best for solo leveling ?

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
Most of them are great for solo leveling (only healing classes and to some extent tank classes are somewhat slower). I'll just say ice wizard was the best one I leveled so far. Has access to healing skill, has a lot of CC (stuns, slows) letting you kite melee enemies at ease. And hits super hard for single targets, and decent at multiple enemies too

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
They all have pluses and minuses for sure, but my main character is a level 90 holy priest and I can solo any regular zone (not dungeons or high level elders). I would recommend a character with some healing skills as that is important in keeping you alive! It may take me a moment or two longer to finish off a bounty but I don't die during regular runs. I also play a marksman hunter and that character is much harder to run solo.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Pretty much all of the classes and sub classes can be played solo, and particularly early on you should have no real problems levelling any of them.

The only content that essentially requires groups is the elders, event zones and dungeons. The main quest will eventually take you to zones where there are grouped mobs and those are also zones for which having at least one other player alongside will help a lot, but it is possible to level without the main quest (though the xp obtained from it is a big help).

After that it comes down to personal preferences and playstyle. Hunter and wiz are hard hitting ranged chars as you might expect. Basically kill or be killed. Shadow priest and Fury warrior are also mainly dps classes. Lightning warriors are your traditional tanks, making them good in terms of survivabilty but with slightly lower damage. Holy priest is very strong in terms of survival with strong shields and heals, but can be a little slow in combat. The shaman is a new class introduced with the recent expansion and is made up of Earth (tanky but with some pretty strong attacks too) and water (healers, mostly using over time healing, but still with a decent hit when needed).

Personally I am playing a water shaman just now and having a blast (or should that be riptide?).

Sudaki

Citizen
Characters
Sudaki, Hamba, Eola
Platform
Android, PC
Holy Priest and Lightning Warriors, They may be slow going but your a lot less likely to go down if any surprises pop up while running around solo. But I think the best class for anyone to play and play solo is the most compatible with that player. The class that you connect with the most and just really have a handle on over the others. This would be to be the most viable class to use. So you would have to give some a test run. I mean its silly to let's say claim that a holy priest is the best and have anyone read that and go make it and not like that class but have it in their head that it's pretty much the only class they have as an option to continue playing the game with their solo playstyle.

Adricade

Great Adventurer
Characters
Ralthobel, Ralther
Platform
Android, PC
Holy Priest for me as this is what I main now but would probably switch to Lightning Warrior soon. These two from experience can actually solo good. For the rest of the classes I am not so sure as I haven't played them yet.

Illuthas

Wizard
Platform
PC
I am partial to fire wizard. You can keep bounties and packs stunned for the time it takes to kill them so its a fast paced and skillbased playstyle.
And as a ranged class you can stay at a safe distance when paricipating in dangerous groupfights like elders etc
I would stay away from warriors they deal way to little damage when running solo, making them slow to level up.

Agber

Citizen
Characters
Agamemnon,coober,catweazel, +1
Platform
PC
Yes, I agree, Fire wiz is an excellent sub-class, great survivability, can solo many powerful elders and running zones is easy.
However, warriors are on the nose atm, because they do too little damage, whereas once they were resented because they did too much damage, lol,
poor warriors,

Missa

Priestess
Characters
Missa Solemnis,Ciel, Asphysxia
Platform
PC
Holy Priest can take a lot of damage, and also thanks to retaliation which helps a lot in attacking and heals at the same time :D

marty57

Citizen
This game is not made for solo player, you will never get past Elders quests to open new maps depend on Death of Elders which you can never do. There is no option except to wait and wait and hope some one else kills the elder for you. Even then it may not drop the item you need and you must wait again for some one to kill it. This may take days or weeks.

Reactions: Life Spirit
  • Likex1

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Elder kills are not required for progression until fairly late stages of the game, and finding help to kill them is not usually that difficult (at least in my experience). This may be different if you play at different times from the majority of players on your server, of course.

marty57

Citizen
the thread is solo player, simply pointing out it is impossible to play solo sadly.. As for elders it is often very dificult. Esp at 70 plus and when you ask ppl to kill an elder (75) and the item does not drop multiple times ppl get sick ot you asking.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I agree that it is required to kill the elders to open zones at some of the higher levels, and yes, killing the elders requires a group (or at least the help of some higher level player or players). I was merely posting to correct the impression that might have been given that killing elders is required at low level to progress or that it is impossible to play the game as a player who, as stated in OP is "mostly solo player interested in doing only solo content/quests/auction/crafting etc" (my emphasis).

marty57

Citizen
All elders are included in quests. Agreed not doing them does not hinder progress, I have skipped many and gone back to them latter, until 75 after that I can not comment as I can go no further unless some how I can find a way to get mut to drop his item for me. The point is if you think you can reach lvl 90 solo, you can not.

Reactions: Life Spirit
  • Likex1

vpy

Reader
Characters
Hunter
Platform
Android, PC
The point is if you think you can reach lvl 90 solo, you can not.
Is this really true ?
Can someone confirm that it is not possible to reach cap just by doing solo content in this game ?.
I do not aspire to defeat dungeon/elder bosses alone but I would like to know that there are quests and other solo content available which can make me to reach level cap.

Zeph

Adventurer
Characters
Zephyr Arya
Platform
PC
Yes it is definitely possible but you will need help with elders and maybe a few quests in later zones that require many mobs to be killed, however apart from the elders and dungeon you can solo the rest following the main quest, and maybe if you get stuck just ask in world chat for help.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
The specific point that was being made is that to enter some of the highest level zones you need to complete quests, for which you need to kill elders.

So since elders are group content, a player who never does ANY party or group play is likely to be unable to "totally solo" the whole game.

But other than that, no it is not impossible to reach max as a solo player.

Pookey

Hunter
Characters
Pookey2
Platform
PC
My hunter is not capped. However at lvl 83 I rarely run with anyone. I ask for help with elders and a very few hard bounties such as the Bevin. At this point I am fully expecting to keep running like always. The kicker for all this however is I have not run hunter since update with the exception of being sure he could still run the higher zones solo. We shall see what happens later on.

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
The specific point that was being made is that to enter some of the highest level zones you need to complete quests, for which you need to kill elders.

So since elders are group content, a player who never does ANY party or group play is likely to be unable to "totally solo" the whole game.

But other than that, no it is not impossible to reach max as a solo player.
Even not other than that, what the guy said it is impossible to cap solo. Its not, theoretically, you could grind the level 1 zones until 90 if you really wanted to, and trust me, you can do that solo. You dont have to reach zorian, or go anywhere past dartrey, in order to cap. So you can cap solo. But you cannot access all zones solo, that is something different entirely.

Reactions: Littlenymph and Zazie
  • Likex2

Queeny

Citizen
Royal Guardian
Characters
Jenny The Brave ...
Platform
Android, PC
This game is not made for solo player, you will never get past Elders quests to open new maps depend on Death of Elders which you can never do. There is no option except to wait and wait and hope some one else kills the elder for you. Even then it may not drop the item you need and you must wait again for some one to kill it. This may take days or weeks.
If you refer to the elder drop: with kill, always 1 will automatically go into your inventory bag. A second one might drop on the ground or not, that is pure luck.
So with the 4 elders of the same group you can have already either your elder armor or weapon, immediately.

As for to ask for elders kill, I'm sorry to hear that help is not always available on your server.:(

But to return to op: for most of us it is not easy to answer that question, I think, because most of us leveled our chars when things were not the same as now, fi, bounties are harder, some talents have changed, 1 pull feat we had (condemn,... ) (of course we have grave bolt now, but rare).
I have started an earth shaman and is in his twenties now, with hardly any crafted gear, and it goes ok.