Catori

Squirrel
Platform
PC
I would like to request a change to the world map. I've never understood why a zone's level isn't shown on the world map until you open that zone. With the great influx of new players, I hear repeated questions of what level is a zone, what zone can I go to to hunt in. Of course anyone can go to the wiki to find the answers to those questions, or to a guild of guides npc. What I am most wondering is why the zones need to be kept secret until you can go to each and touch the telepad. I think it would be an easy way for newer players to see what the progression of zones is for them to follow and also to notice the ones that are spread out in far corners of the map that they may never find when they could use them. There could be a different color marker on the map to show if you've been to a zone yet. Seems this might make things easier to those learning the game to know exactly where they can go without having to ask.

Caly

BRA Member
Characters
Caly Adaria Chrysis & 2 others
Platform
PC
I never asked. When I started playing my guildmates knew they would get a funny story about me trying to battle in a zone I was not high enough level for just because I could. It was fun for me to just go through the portal and see what happened. I certainly do see your point though and agree totally! Not everyone likes to just go through and see what happens hahaha

Reactions: Caraldor Loxana Luther
  • Likex1

Arjuna

Grand Priest
Characters
Arjuna
Platform
Android
I also never understand why you can complete a zone dozens of time but still have a question mark instead of an actual map. Certainly after your 20th time in the Depths or wherever, you could at least create a crude map!

Reactions: Kitty the Hunter
  • Likex1

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
I would like to request a change to the world map. I've never understood why a zone's level isn't shown on the world map until you open that zone. With the great influx of new players, I hear repeated questions of what level is a zone, what zone can I go to to hunt in. Of course anyone can go to the wiki to find the answers to those questions, or to a guild of guides npc. What I am most wondering is why the zones need to be kept secret until you can go to each and touch the telepad. I think it would be an easy way for newer players to see what the progression of zones is for them to follow and also to notice the ones that are spread out in far corners of the map that they may never find when they could use them. There could be a different color marker on the map to show if you've been to a zone yet. Seems this might make things easier to those learning the game to know exactly where they can go without having to ask.
Most of the zones DO list levels on the map. The few that do not either have no combat or used to have no combat (Kingsport). Or is this a difference between mobile and PC?

Adricade

Great Adventurer
Characters
Ralthobel, Ralther
Platform
Android, PC
That's an excellent idea! This thread should be in the suggestions forum. The game can get linear like this and players won't feel lost.

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
Most of the zones DO list levels on the map. The few that do not either have no combat or used to have no combat (Kingsport). Or is this a difference between mobile and PC?
Even if you are playing on pc, the world map does not show the level of a zone until you have "discovered" it. The Portals, on the other hand (which are the only way to enter before you discover the tp) do.

Reactions: Joleen
  • Likex1

Myst

Squirrel
Characters
Mystic Fox
Platform
PC
Even if you are playing on pc, the world map does not show the level of a zone until you have "discovered" it. The Portals, on the other hand (which are the only way to enter before you discover the tp) do.
OH!! I totally misunderstood. Thank you for clarifying!

IrishElf

Citizen
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
I also never understand why you can complete a zone dozens of time but still have a question mark instead of an actual map. Certainly after your 20th time in the Depths or wherever, you could at least create a crude map!
Have you found and stepped on the zone teleport circle?

Joleen

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Kavita, Katona
Platform
Android, PC
The depths have never had a map, on purpose. It's part of the challenge there. It's not a challenge I particularly like, "Let's blindfold Lara Croft and put her in a pit of stairs that lead to a cave full of monstrosities and see how she does.", kind of thing. But, it's always this way since I've played. I simply never got the hang of it because I rely on my map and in areas where you take odd walkways, caves that look to be through-way but aren't etc . . . my brain goes 'pfffttt' and shorts out. My shaman is now on her 3rd rebirth in the low 20's - and I know those damned depths are something she'll HAVE to go through - lol. I'm not looking forward to it, and will hopefully find a patient guide because I'm and older player, and slow. :rolleyes:

Characters
Caraldor / Loxana
Platform
iOS, PC
The depths have never had a map, on purpose. It's part of the challenge there. It's not a challenge I particularly like, "Let's blindfold Lara Croft and put her in a pit of stairs that lead to a cave full of monstrosities and see how she does.", kind of thing.
To be fair, Lara Croft would still kick some butt... :)