Curry30423

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
Hai, so I’m just wondering, with the shaman coming soon I plan to make that my main toon since I have only done 2 rebirths on my current hunter (and always have doubts about if I want to continue leveling it._.).

With that said, I plan to buy the ardent society pack to get the 100% xp boost, but if I use that along with a bounty token that increases bounty kills xp by 100% do both of those stack essentially giving me a 200% xp boost?

Also, I read a thread online where I saw that the fastest way to level is bounties and main story quest. Should I primarily focus on doing those with the shaman even before rebirths or should I still do side quests?

Majenta

Villager
Forum Moderator
Platform
PC
To answer the simpler question first, yes, the bounty token and Ardent membership do stack. (As do the rested bonus and rebirth bonus when applicable.)

The second is more difficult to answer. Side quests are generally relatively low in xp compared to the time they take, but there is no doubt you will earn more xp by doing everything. So if the priority is purely to level as fast as possible, main quest and bounties only may be the fastest option, but sooner or later you will run out of bounties that are active, so are either going to have to just kill mobs a lot, or go back and pick up some side quests anyway.

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Curry30423

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
To answer the simpler question first, yes, the bounty token and Ardent membership do stack. (As do the rested bonus and rebirth bonus when applicable.)

The second is more difficult to answer. Side quests are generally relatively low in xp compared to the time they take, but there is no doubt you will earn more xp by doing everything. So if the priority is purely to level as fast as possible, main quest and bounties only may be the fastest option, but sooner or later you will run out of bounties that are active, so are either going to have to just kill mobs a lot, or go back and pick up some side quests anyway.
Ok thank you a ton! And yea regarding the side quests that was my intention. I want to complete the rebirths as fast as possible at least up to the lvl 75 rebirth, saving side quests for last when most needed.

Dawnfire

Great Adventurer
Royal Guardian
Characters
Athon Stormborne
Platform
Android, PC
You can check this thread for an extensive list of all the XP bonuses you can get.

Majenta nailed it :) But to elaborate a bit more, when you run out of new bounties, doing side quests around your level are certainly better than mindlessly killing mobs. Much lower level side quests won't help that much, I'd skip them. Another great way to level is doing dungeons (and pretty sure it will be more lively due to a new one being released, and the level cap increase in August), they offer a great amount of XP and gold, but require a few people to run optimally (or at all ^^)

Curry30423

Squirrel
Platform
iOS
You can check this thread for an extensive list of all the XP bonuses you can get.

Majenta nailed it :) But to elaborate a bit more, when you run out of new bounties, doing side quests around your level are certainly better than mindlessly killing mobs. Much lower level side quests won't help that much, I'd skip them. Another great way to level is doing dungeons (and pretty sure it will be more lively due to a new one being released, and the level cap increase in August), they offer a great amount of XP and gold, but require a few people to run optimally (or at all ^^)
Thank you! Yea on my hunter I was doing every single quest including side quest and it took quite some time to level up. When I started doing bounties and only the main quest I was leveling up much faster too. I’ll definitely look at doing dungeons and review that guide u posted. Thanks a ton

Reactions: Dawnfire
  • Likex1

Ekimie

Hunter
Royal Guardian
Platform
Steam
I also advice to look carefully at the quests offered and what they want. For example in the Shadow Fated Zones (from the depths on) the relics ask the deaths of the bosses in the game, and they give about 30k xp. So it is a small effort to pick those up along the way and hand them back in at some point. You are already going to do what the quest asks anyway, kill a/the boss(es).

Reactions: Curry30423 and Dawnfire
  • Likex2

WarEdge

Mighty Warrior
Platform
PC
One best side quest I tell people to do is the level 20 oak shadow elder quest that u pick up in zone before it. It give tons of xp.
Also doing maplequest give a lot of xp and I did it on all my rebirthx5

RedEye

Wizard
Platform
PC
I think the way the bonuses work is:
Lets say that mob is worth 1000 xp. Then Ardent member ship will add another 1000 and a 25% pie will add another 250 (25% of original value, not of the 2000). So you get both bonuses but they don't multiply like crazy. I may be wrong, but this is my belief. Anybody know for sure?

Kookaburra

Bog Frog
Characters
Kookaburra, Kooky
Platform
PC
I think the way the bonuses work is:
Lets say that mob is worth 1000 xp. Then Ardent member ship will add another 1000 and a 25% pie will add another 250 (25% of original value, not of the 2000). So you get both bonuses but they don't multiply like crazy. I may be wrong, but this is my belief. Anybody know for sure?
You are correct - they stack, not multiply. The bonus is on the base XP.